Jessica Biel In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Hitchcock’ New York Premiere

Jessica Biel opted for something different on the red carpet for the ‘Hitchcock’ premiere, which was held at the Ziegfeld Theater on Sunday evening.

The actress wore an Oscar de la Renta Spring 2013 silver sequined tunic-and-trouser set.

While this isn’t quite the look I was expecting, I do like the styling, which features Lorraine Schwartz jewels, including statement earrings, and Manolo Blahnik sandals, but overall I find the look ages Jessica somewhat.

This look also says photocall rather than premiere to me.

Like Scarlett Johansson, Jessica also opted for a dark lip colour.

Love or loathe?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

January Jones' Goldsign Thrill Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans

January Jones’ Goldsign Thrill Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans

Katy Perry In Dolce & Gabbana - Dream Foundation’s 11th Annual Celebration of Dreams

Katy Perry In Dolce & Gabbana – Dream Foundation’s 11th Annual Celebration of Dreams

48 Responses to Jessica Biel In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Hitchcock’ New York Premiere

1. Christine November 19, 2012 at 14:23 #

I am not liking the styling. The earrings could’ve been studs. Also she is not pulling this look. It does ages her and the lipstick. Dark Berry is not her color.

2. Odette November 19, 2012 at 14:24 #

I don’t buy Jessica Biel in Oscar de la Renta, Giambattista Valli or Valentino.

I buy her in sportier, cleaner looks like Michael Kors, Antonio Berardi, Ralph Lauren.

3. Rash November 19, 2012 at 14:31 #

This looks like a sequined and crystallized pajama suit. Loathe!

• Aline November 19, 2012 at 20:17 #

• Parvati November 20, 2012 at 00:17 #

I agree!

4. Molly November 19, 2012 at 14:33 #

IMO, a matchy pant suit almost always is aging, but the top part of this one is fairly edgy, and I think Jessica pulls it off. To me, the shoes are the piece that make the look feel a bit too “mature” for her. They are spectacular beautiful shoes, but don’t quite suit her foot shape, and the lines interfere with the pants. In this case, i think a simple silver pointy pump might have worked better. Her hair and makeup are gorgeous and almost (but not quite) selling me on the bangs.

5. Maz November 19, 2012 at 14:39 #

I agreed FC, if she was 30 years older this would be hot! Why dress like this now? I’m baffled. The outfit itself is beautiful, as is the styling.

6. noo November 19, 2012 at 14:39 #

loathe! Hate, even. If Jane Fonda wore this I’d say it ages her!

7. Simon November 19, 2012 at 14:44 #

I LOVE this look ! Just wish the pants would’ve been more fitted but overall i think its really chic !

• Nathalie19 November 21, 2012 at 22:46 #

I also find it very chic!

Love

8. sssoooo November 19, 2012 at 14:44 #

she looks like my grandmother.

• Elly November 19, 2012 at 18:48 #

I was going to second this, and then I thought..Nope even my Granny is more stylish than this!

9. Ramsay November 19, 2012 at 14:54 #

Yes it ages her a bit – but it’s quite unusual for the red carpet – plus the sequins make it an evening look – I am quite amused by it

10. dee November 19, 2012 at 14:55 #

I know she is probably going for a sophisticated look but thus ages her beyond belief. This would look good on someone like Glenn Close.

• dee November 19, 2012 at 14:56 #

*this not thus

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2012 at 15:23 #

Agreed

• EmmaWoodhouse November 19, 2012 at 16:42 #

Glenn Close: yes. Jessica: no. This is SO aging on her, and frankly, even Glenn Close can do better than this.

• roxy November 19, 2012 at 19:22 #

11. Moxie November 19, 2012 at 15:02 #

I agree this looks more like a photocall than a red carpet outfit, but she was probably the most comfortable one there.

Another look I could see you rocking, FC.

12. Jess2 November 19, 2012 at 15:09 #

I agree on all points FC. I think the pants needed an extra inch at the hem as well. I love the earrings but all in all, not quite right for Jess or the occasion.

13. Rafael November 19, 2012 at 15:09 #

I love love love!!!!! This look; it’s a refreshing change. It’s different from everything we use to see on the red carpet. I love the styling, it’s perfect. FC says that the look ages her but I think that the Jessica went for was very Retro and that is maybe the case. But I love it!!! She looks stunning!!! Not boring Jessica at all.

14. dafne November 19, 2012 at 15:09 #

oh no! where is fashion heading? why to make such a beautiful girl wear a shimmery grandmathers pajama.

15. mm November 19, 2012 at 15:18 #

love this look! i agree to old for jessica but I love it

16. Christine November 19, 2012 at 15:25 #

Why it takes awhile for my comments to be approved?

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2012 at 15:27 #

Because i have been extremely busy. Thanks for your continued patience as you know i run this site by myself

17. Nat39 November 19, 2012 at 15:25 #

There isn´t an ounce of sex appeal in this look. Jessica looks like a grandma.

18. Annel November 19, 2012 at 15:28 #

She doesn’t seem to have what one could define as a constant, individual style. And sometimes it’s refreshing that you don’t know what to expect from a celebrity on the red carpet, and other times it’s just confusing with the lack of consistancy and direction.

19. Camille November 19, 2012 at 15:37 #

matronly, sparkly and unique, but matronly nonetheless.

20. justme November 19, 2012 at 15:56 #

Even for a photocall, I wouldn’t be impressed. This is just a fancy pajama for the elderly, no thank you.

• Valeria November 20, 2012 at 01:25 #

It does look like something a stylish woman in her 60-a would wear to a laid-back party. Somehow the model pulls it off but what a shame Jessica still doesn’t own her style. She is beautiful and has amazing body, can’t she hire a good stylist?

21. Rebecca Z November 19, 2012 at 15:57 #

I actually really like this. She looks put together here–often something she includes is just glaringly wrong. I think this is quite chic.

22. gabis November 19, 2012 at 16:36 #

Loathe it head to toe.

23. Leo November 19, 2012 at 16:51 #

Ay ay ay ay, sparkly pijamas? She does not have the personality to pull this off. Total fail.

24. Anj November 19, 2012 at 17:46 #

On the one hand, I like that she went for a different look, but I really think those pants should’ve been tighter or she should’ve scrapped them altogether. Maybe leather or silk skinnies?

25. sara November 19, 2012 at 18:50 #

With access to so many amazing gowns for a RC, Im disappointed in her selection. I know she is trying to be different, but this doesn’t come off as a good different. When I first saw this look, I immediately thought it was too mature for her. I cant even imagine many older actresses like Helen Mirren wearing this look. Jessica should experiment with colors and styling rather than unflattering, overly mature RC options.

26. robbie November 19, 2012 at 18:53 #

the only good thing about this mess are her shoes.

27. Linda November 19, 2012 at 19:19 #

I think Blanche Devereaux wore this once. he he.

28. Kathy November 19, 2012 at 19:59 #

I’m very much on the fence about this one. I like it on the runway, because the model has the height to actually pull it off. I’m not so sure about Jessica. I get the sense that she’s not very confident in this getup; nothing particularly major is wrong with it, but she’s not “selling it” to me. It’s something a Chanel girl would be able to wear with ease.

29. Yeliz November 19, 2012 at 20:13 #

Loathe loathe loathe. This has to be one of the most aging looks.

30. Juliana November 19, 2012 at 20:47 #

There’s no excuse for this awful look! She’s so beautiful and this so unflattering! Where’s her stylish?

31. Dhppy November 19, 2012 at 22:44 #

My first thought was, “high end Chico’s”. It’s not bad really, but there’s no reason anyone under 60 should wear this.

32. Laura November 19, 2012 at 23:08 #

Jessica is such a try hard.

She needs to learn what actually looks good on her rather than throwing on whatever hot designer she can get her hands on. Sack the stylist immediately!

• Beta November 20, 2012 at 09:47 #

+1 agree
      plus those bangs…

33. christine November 20, 2012 at 00:17 #

this is pretty aging on her but i think that if she wore the pants more tailored and had her hair in a messy top knot with the runway necklace instead of earrings she would look a bit more youthful

34. Ingrid November 20, 2012 at 00:32 #

don’t like it, she can do soooo much better!

35. Noemi (WBiS) November 20, 2012 at 08:45 #

I kinda agree with you, FC, that this look would be better for a photocall, but I think she look classy, this outfit has a vintage vibe. For me, she pulled it off. I like her dark lips, too. She looks beautiful as always.

36. FC310 November 20, 2012 at 09:01 #

I like this outfit…but Jessica doesn’t have the attitude to pull it off. I’ve seen her in public a few times and she’s quite attractive sans make-up…she’s more of a sporty girl. I don’t think the bang suits her either. Someone who is statuesque and possess a more diva-like attitude like JLo might be able to pull this off better. That pose in the pic is not selling to me either.

37. Eirwen November 20, 2012 at 15:28 #

It took me a while to believe this is Jessica Biel. Her makeup told me this woman was 40-50 years old. Then her pajamas told me she wears like she was a 60-80 grandma. Then what? Jessica Biel? What does this lady oh the picture has to do with her? Is it Biel’s mother or grandma?