[glam_ad size="push"]
[glam_ad size="med"]
Menu

Kristen Stewart proved she can do high glamour when she wants to when she took to the red carpet on Monday evening for ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2? premiere, held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in California.

Some of us have come to accept her scruffiness but she stunned on this occasion, wearing a Zuhair Murad Fall 2012 gown.

Her nude corseted strapless gown with lace and chiffon panelling is gorgeous, but I felt my eyes going to one part of the dress instantly – maybe the gown could’ve benefited from one light layer on the skirt, considering her young fan base.

Do you agree?

Sporting gorgeous glossy side-swept locks à la Veronica Lake, Kristen sported a bold fuchsia lip colour, a gold necklace and her favourite Cartier bracelet.

Credit: Zuhair Murad Facebook & Getty

Chrissy Teigen's Reem Acra Embroidered Beaded Pants And Jimmy Choo Anouk Pumps

Chrissy Teigen’s Reem Acra Embroidered Beaded Pants And Jimmy Choo Anouk Pumps

Ashley Greene In Donna Karan Atelier  - 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2' LA Premiere

Ashley Greene In Donna Karan Atelier – ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2’ LA Premiere

152 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Zuhair Murad – ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2’ LA Premiere

1. kane November 13, 2012 at 13:02 #

The fanbase, the lighting… so many things that are not wrong with the dress itself, but picking a lovely dress for an absolutely wrong occasion. My first thought was “now that’s something for the bedroom.” It could be such a sexy dress, but is totally inappropriate for that sort of occasion. The harsh unforgiving lighting makes the fabric too see-through and thereby way too revealing in almost in a… [for the lack of better words] “cheap?”, “vulgar?”, “demystifying?” way. It doesn’t leave anything to be imagined. It’s funny how I loved Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s green Gucci gown a few days back and found the sideboob, if anything, playful, but this is just meh.

2. silkpathdiary November 13, 2012 at 12:55 #

If the original skirt volume was kept it wouldn’t be so see through. I can understand her not wanting the feathers but the extra volume served a purpose. In general I am against an extra layer but agree with FC – her compromise should have been having it if less skirt material.
    She does look stunningly beautiful.

3. robbie November 13, 2012 at 12:36 #

on the model this dress is elegant and romantic, on kristen that goes completely out the window.

also why are people jumping on fc for stating she has a young fanbase, she does. yes some might be in their 40s but a huge chunk are in their early teens and younger.

4. Emily H November 13, 2012 at 12:30 #

Only K-Stew manages to sluttify a Zuhair Murad gown. I am so embarrassed for the designer (who is one of my favourites). She butchered this dress, looks a millions times better on the model.

• Jen November 14, 2012 at 23:06 #

You have no idea how much you disgusted me. Calling someone you don’t even know a slut? No doubt you wouldn’t have said this if it weren’t for the recent events. I’m embarrassed for you – that you seem so comfortable being a nasty human being to someone you don’t know.

5. Lola November 13, 2012 at 11:58 #

Urgh horrible, this girl seems to make everything she wears look ill fitted or just plain bad. On the model, that dress looks gorgeous. As for Rob, sure, he looks good but it’s nothing Ryan Gosling hasn’t done better before him.

6. ella November 13, 2012 at 11:49 #

I just feel like she’s trying too hard.. pretty girl and all, but just a bit desperate

• Mika November 14, 2012 at 23:03 #

I find this comment very insulting to women in general. Wearing a sheer dress makes you desperate? Please explain your logic.

• Jen November 14, 2012 at 23:08 #

I find your comment to be insulting to women in general. Wearing a sheer dress makes you look desperate? Please explain your logic to me.

7. mirela November 13, 2012 at 11:23 #

Among them all, I think Robert was the best dressed. That emerald Gucci suit looked astonishing on him.

8. TeaAtTwo November 13, 2012 at 11:06 #

I hate that the dress shows her panties, it had been lined I would have really liked this. Rob looks handsome in his suit, I really like the green and subtle pattern.

9. Amy November 13, 2012 at 10:09 #

NOoo. My expectations were so high. This is a HUGE bummer, While I appreciate the effort she looks naked. That skirt is a mess, on the model it was a bit better but on Kristen I’m not buying it.

10. Meta November 13, 2012 at 09:56 #

the dress is stunning. and finally she looks classy

11. Andrea November 13, 2012 at 09:53 #

Horrible. Absolutely hate this dress. Urgh. Her hair is horrible. Hate it all.

12. Rach November 13, 2012 at 09:28 #

It’s the first thing I think she’s ever worn that I’ve liked. That said, I don’t like it on her, the message it’s giving off too obvious given recent history. Something about her red carpet appearances never sits right with me.

13. yOLO November 13, 2012 at 09:22 #

Too mistress material for my liking. You really don’t need to try too hard to look sexy/slutty and provocative. C’mon we get it..

• Jen November 14, 2012 at 23:05 #

Wow how nasty can you be?

14. Princess Chi Chi November 13, 2012 at 09:07 #

the colour does not suit her skin tone and that lippie *cringe* ah well.

15. Noemi (WBiS) November 13, 2012 at 08:45 #

I think that the model’s version is more classy. Kristen’s dress is too revealing. She doesn’t look tacky, but more fabric on the crotch area. I don’t understand the necklace, honestly, but the bracelet is beautiful. There’s always something bothering about her, in my opinion, I can’t help. She always look so stuck up. But I think she’s glad she finally get rid of Bella Swan.
    By the way, how beautiful is Robert Pattinson with that great suit? The fabric is so interesting.

16. SkirtTheIssue November 13, 2012 at 08:41 #

I usually don’t mind sheer/lingerie revealing looks, but I think the problem here is that the fabric is almost the same colour as her skin, emphasising the “nudeness”. And beige high waisted underwear will always just remind me of granny panties, no matter how much you pretty them up- and as FC said, your eyes just go straight to them… Maybe someone with darker colouring would look lovely in this, or if it was on Kristen in a different colour (black or even emerald green) perhaps…?

17. Pablo November 13, 2012 at 07:55 #

Brave choice! Don’t mind about the lack of lining! Colour washes her out a bit, though. What I absolutely love is her lip color and her hair! Wild glamour! Thumbs up on the whole for me!

ps- thanks for the early posting 😀

18. Markness November 13, 2012 at 06:52 #

The reason the gown looks better in the model because of the lighting and all. I love this gown on Kristen. But yeah, there are a lot of young people in the stands. She looks great, though. I guess she’s like “this is the reason rob still went for me. my milkshake is better than yours.” haha.

• DebraC December 5, 2012 at 03:14 #

19. Christine November 13, 2012 at 06:38 #

Wow, her body looks insane. but um I think I can a little bit too much from the back view. LOL. Well, she did bring it. Go big or go home, right?

20. karina November 13, 2012 at 06:28 #

Personally, I love it! It’s a Kristen I’ve never seen before and she looks great/confident! I especially love the hair and make-up. The dress is a bold move and I admire that. She’s trying. I feel like the color of the dress and the delicate details give the dress a sense of surreal/delicate beauty.

21. vicky November 13, 2012 at 06:11 #

Had it been lined i’d love it, no it’s only OK.
    The other ladies did better IMO.
    Like the hair colour, seems brighter/more red than previously

22. M November 13, 2012 at 05:33 #

Give the girl a break, people! I mean, she’s trying and I personally do think she looks fabulous. Can’t fault her for trying. Cause if she doesn’t, some are still going to give her some mean comment. So I’m glad, she did try and I think it paid off. Way to go, KStew!

• Mandy November 13, 2012 at 06:03 #

I think the ‘trashy’ comments are strange seeing as though we have had many sheer/exposed panties lately and none of them have gotten these kind of comments.

• sally November 13, 2012 at 06:07 #

I think it’s because there is a lot of people that either really hate her or really love her.

• Daisy Mae November 14, 2012 at 03:24 #

Exactly–like we don’t see super risque everywhere in fashion and RC etc

• McKenzie November 14, 2012 at 05:47 #

THIS. I cannot understand why everyone is commenting about how horrible the sheer dress looks on her when we have seen a ton of other looks like this and there is not nearly the same amount of negative reaction.

She gets lambasted either way. It’s unfortunate.

23. Chia November 13, 2012 at 05:31 #

Giving me fake Veronica Lake/Lana Del Rey vibes. Needed another layer of lining because right now all I see is underwear, and not in a good way.Plus hair is almost looks unfinished, and I’m not liking that one portion of hair that isn’t all the way curled.

24. Julia November 13, 2012 at 05:31 #

The really killed it (in a good way) she looks beautiful!

25. kate November 13, 2012 at 05:25 #

I surprisingly like it even though I usually hate underwear exposed. I actually don’t think she looks trashy either. It’s a shame though that she was not tall enough to keep the hem with the feathers at the bottom.

26. Mandy November 13, 2012 at 05:25 #

I love it. Her hair is perfect, she’s smiling and confident and i don’t mind the sheerness at all. A+

27. Angela November 13, 2012 at 05:22 #

I don’t think people realise that the fanbase isn’t actually that young. I think Kristen looks posivitely stunning in this dress. I feel as though she really glammed it up on this occasion especially with her groomed hair. Makeup is perfect as always, that lip colour is divine on her.
    FC, would you mind doing a post on the ever-so-handsome Robert Pattinson? I think he deserves one for his bold choice of colour 🙂

28. Nishta November 13, 2012 at 05:17 #

She looks like a kid playing dress up. When I was a kid I used to wear my mum’s sheer dresses without the slips underneath. Plus I feel like the colour washes her out. Sorry, not a fan.

29. Ella November 13, 2012 at 05:03 #

I knew I had to check these out on here 😉 Thank you FC for getting them up and being my go to place for fashion awesomeness

But this dress is hideous. My eyes go to a place where they shouldn’t immediately go

• Kaz November 14, 2012 at 09:25 #

LOL me too!

It’s a no from me – but just in case I get hated on, I loved K.Stew in last week’s Balenciaga ensemble.

30. Ro November 13, 2012 at 04:54 #

I don’t think any of her young fans would be bothered by it – if anything they would see how versatile she is when she puts her mind to it. Plus I think lining it would turn it into another “safe” gown. The fit is fantastic and she looks lovely – the hair and make-up is top notch. I’m excited for the European stops now!

P.S. Thanks for getting this up so quickly!

• Fashion Critic November 13, 2012 at 05:01 #

my pleasure…it was worth it 😀

• bas November 13, 2012 at 12:33 #

yep, great work, as always 🙂

• Megan C November 13, 2012 at 22:11 #

Not necessarily “safe”. The gown still has that old-Hollywood, lingerie feel to it. The bust alone is pretty riské and different. The lace certainly adds an extra touch of sophistication. I don’t think lining would take that away from the dress.

31. mia November 13, 2012 at 04:47 #

Aside from her strange, uncomfortable and unappealing physical poses and posture… i actually like the dress quite a lot and her styling is not bad. BUT like FC has said – she would’ve has seriously benefited from another layer on the skirt… even if her fan base is supposed to be young girls or whatever… i would still be commenting on the same problem.

how unfortunate really. because this one minor problem wrecks the whole thing for me.

32. Fiona November 13, 2012 at 04:45 #

I love this dress, the fit is absolutely perfect and her hair & makeup amazing, especially for her. The negatives for me, definitely the skirt, just a sheer lining would have shown the definition of the details of the skirt better without being too opaque and my only peev is the way she stands which works in a mini but you need to stand tall and straight with a real gown on like this. Definitely BDOTW contender, but not a winner for me. Thanks for getting the pic up so quickly FC, good work!!

• Fashion Critic November 13, 2012 at 04:53 #

ooops…that is a tad unfortunate.

• Hannah November 13, 2012 at 05:09 #

1. I wish that my derriere was that toned
      2. Yes, more fabric definitely necessary!

• Beta November 13, 2012 at 08:08 #

same 2 comments as Hannah 😀
      also, love her hair and makeup, she looks very polished. Would have loved the dress with a layer of lining.
      RPatz looks great, I love his style, he looks very dapper.

• bas November 13, 2012 at 12:32 #

she needed a lining, that’s for sure. That back image is really awful. In the model looked great though.

• Dolly November 13, 2012 at 13:11 #

The back totally ruins it for me, and I didnt love it to begin with

• Juliana November 13, 2012 at 19:34 #

I can’t see it, the link just doesn’t work here.

But I can imagine, from the comments, what’s going on.

You reckon she doesn’t have a back mirror?

33. EmmaWoodhouse November 13, 2012 at 04:42 #

I’m disappointed, because if this had been lined (in skirt and in the corset, it is just SO sheer and revealing and sadly inappropriate) this could have been one of her best looks EVER. The gorgeous hair and makeup, the intricate details–they are all fabulous. This could have been so perfect if she had just gone with the model’s version.
    So, it’s a very sad no from me. That said, the next premiere I think she’ll knock it out of the park. And I like Rob’s green suit.

• gurlygurl November 13, 2012 at 07:25 #

Agreed! hair and makeup is perfection. Love the color of the dress as well. She should have worn the same version as the model. Even though the models version is sheer the extra fabric / panels gives just enough of a peek to still maintain some sort of modesty. It’s way too sheer as can be seen in the pic of the back nyp posted.

• manja November 13, 2012 at 08:41 #

+1,it needed one more layer def

34. Lila November 13, 2012 at 04:42 #

sorry but… MEEEEEEEEH.

She has no class and the dress/look need someone with personality.

would be sensational at someone like blake lively

• M November 13, 2012 at 05:30 #

Give the girl a break, people! Personally, I think she looks fantastic and breathtaking. It’s not the usual her, and I’m glad that she tried. Shes tries, she gets slammed. She doesn’t try, she gets slammed. No matter what celebs do, they still get criticism. On this occasion, I think she looks fabulous. Way to go, KStew!!!

• dee November 13, 2012 at 13:51 #

I agree.

• admmgz November 13, 2012 at 20:02 #

Ditto

• Jen November 14, 2012 at 22:53 #

You’re seriously saying someone you don’t even know has no class or personality because of a dress? Grow up.

35. Evil Britta November 13, 2012 at 04:42 #

While she does look quite well ‘scrubbed up’, compared to the model’s it just looks like she dipped in foundation. There’s not as much fabric? and tone variation and that makes it look a bit blah.

36. Lila November 13, 2012 at 04:41 #

sorry but… MEEEEEEEEH…. she has no class and the dress/look need someone with personality.

would be sensational at someone like blake lively

• Renn November 13, 2012 at 06:22 #

It’s an ugly dress on anyone. Adding a layer would have done a world of good. The color washes her out too. I’m not liking it.

• manny November 13, 2012 at 09:32 #

if she adding layer. then its becoming eli saab dress. nothing spesial/forgettable.

37. JulietDay November 13, 2012 at 04:40 #

I love it from head to toe. I would prefer one light layer on the skirt too, but she’s got the body to show off, so why not. Thank you for posting this so qickly, I was impatiently waiting for your opinion, as always 🙂

38. robert November 13, 2012 at 04:39 #

Her dress is veyr see through on the bottom half of her body. It’s so, so trashy.

39. k. November 13, 2012 at 04:37 #

Could she had added another layer? Yes, but that’s the only thing I would have changed. She looks effortlessly beautiful. I love her hair, the colour of the dress, her make-up and her bright lips. I give her an A.

• dee November 13, 2012 at 13:49 #

• Lisa November 13, 2012 at 14:22 #

+2. I think she looks great, but it would have been absolutely fabulous if the skirt has SOME lining. I am not normally a fan of her style.

• Jess2 November 13, 2012 at 18:08 #

+3, I completely agree!! I think she looks really great, the styling (other than the lining issue) works very well!

• admmgz November 13, 2012 at 19:59 #

• jones19 November 13, 2012 at 21:47 #

Completely agree. Kristen can do glamour and she can do it well.

40. Mandy November 13, 2012 at 04:36 #

I don’t like it. Something about her posture makes me hate this gown…

41. argentina November 13, 2012 at 04:34 #

My jaw dropped twice, first when I saw Kristen Stewart wearing a gown, and she looks divine, and secondly when I saw that picture with Rob. My gosh

42. Joy November 13, 2012 at 04:33 #

I would have agreed to the “high glamour” remark had the dress been lined. As it stands — trashy!

43. Hannah November 13, 2012 at 04:32 #

I finally understnad why her hair always looks so disgusting and gross – so that when she washes and styles it she has xta impact! I liked the look on impact, but I don’t honestly love it. All I can see is panty line. A sheer underskirt would have kept it sexy but not tmi, and a logner hemline, like the model, would have given it extra flow and glamour, I don’t like the colour on her, or the fit of the bust (in some photos), but the lip colour is giving me tingles! However, the look doesn’t feel natural to me, and I hope for the other premieres she goes more modern and edgy, which suits her best.
    Regardless, this is Kristen and no matter what she will win BDOTW and maybe even a spot in BDOTY.
    P.S. Thanks for posting so early in the morning, FC! AS always surpassing expectations!

• Fashion Critic November 13, 2012 at 04:40 #

I woke up at 4am…checked twitter and had to get up 😀

• Hannah November 13, 2012 at 05:08 #

Haha, good morning then! I hope it was worth the early wakeup call!
        My boyfriend flew in from LA to see me for the week (so cute!) and for him being so amazing I made myself switch to American time as much as possible – 5 am is not a normal time for me to be up I can assure you! 😀

44. Leila November 13, 2012 at 04:32 #

I like this look from head to toe. She looks so classy here.

45. Dirk November 13, 2012 at 04:32 #

Its a bit too see-through but she looks great enough for me to give her a pass.

46. Yeliz November 13, 2012 at 04:31 #

This is stunning stunning stunning! She totally nailed this look. Maybe it’s the best she has EVER looked. I can’t find a single fault, everything looks fantastic from her hair to her shoes (she wore nude Jimmy Choo peep toes). Certainly a BDOTW contender and who knows, maybe a BDOTY contender.

47. Wizzer November 13, 2012 at 04:29 #

The Zuhair Murad dress with Veronica Lake hairstyle reminds me of Blake Lively’s Savages premiere look.

This is her second big outfit in Murad right?

I’m surprised she is not wearing Balenciaga or Armani. Interesting look nonetheless.

More glamour puss/ bombshell than I would have expected

• Fashion Critic November 13, 2012 at 04:40 #

yep

• Elena November 13, 2012 at 20:21 #

Exactly what I was thinking. It reminds me of Blake’s dress, but no where near as amazing.

Maybe if the dress were lined, I could get on-board, but I’m not so sure. I think I could if the lining were a different color. I just don’t like this dress. From behind it looks like she’s wearing granny panties.

Her hair and makeup look amazing though. I have to give it to her there. Her face looks flawless.

48. Zoe November 13, 2012 at 04:27 #

Not really a young fanbase behind her in the picture. Those women look old enough to be KStew’s mom.

• Fashion Critic November 13, 2012 at 04:31 #

Her fanbase is young. Fact. Let’s not start off with the defensive comments so soon.

• Jordan November 13, 2012 at 16:22 #

I agree with Fashion Critic. In the states there’s young girls wearing Twilight stuff all the time and look up to “Bella”. I’m 21 and no one my age looks up to her for sure.

• AitchCS November 13, 2012 at 18:16 #

It is not a defensive comment. FACT. Fanbase has lots of middle age women.

• Amy November 13, 2012 at 08:34 #

Her fanbase is not “young.” Her fanbase is young adult to women in their 40s and 50s. She’s wearing an undergarment, similar to what Charlize Theron wore at the SWATH premiere. Now, Snow White actually does havea young fanbase and I didn’t see anybody write any articles about what she wore affecting your people. It’s not like she was actually nude. She was completely covered. The difference in the gown in the original picture and Kristen’s gown is the lighting in the background. Kristen looks great! Also, how exactly is wearing a sheer gown, flesh colored undergarments going to “affect” young people. Are they going to go out and buy sheer dresses for themselves or dream of underwear? That’s just a silly concern. She’s a grown woman.

• aitchcs November 13, 2012 at 15:29 #

That is what I thought of–Charlize dress in London. I think her young fanbase is exposed to much more “sex” than Kristen’s dress!

• Juliana November 13, 2012 at 19:31 #

I think one of the differences here is the fact that there aren’t a lot of teen girls looking up to Charlize as a role model – but, as much as Kristen complains about it, there are a *lot* of young girls looking up to her.

And let’s not mistake “Twilight fanbase” and “Kristen Stewart fanbase”.

Also, I just find this look BLAH on her.

• AitchCS November 14, 2012 at 03:23 #

Well if it is blah, then the teens won’t be affected by it.

• Jen November 14, 2012 at 22:50 #

She doesn’t really complain about it. She complains about the paparazzi – which I don’t blame her for. Personally, I liked it, except that she should have worn a small slip underneath just because she would have been surrounded by thousands of PEOPLE (regardless of age.) Her hair (other than being a bit flat on top) and her makeup are absolutely gorgeous.

• Megan C November 13, 2012 at 22:05 #

Twilight’s fanbase goes from teenagers to middle-age women, but most of Kristen’s avid fanbase (known as Krisbians) are teenagers. And no, she was not completely covered. That’s also factual. If you happen to see a photo of the dress from its backside (the photo exists), maybe you would appreciate the underlining suggestion. The dress is revealing. Her choice, of course. But it doesn’t change the fact that it is pretty revealing.

49. MEME November 13, 2012 at 04:26 #

Nope….

• Nina November 13, 2012 at 04:55 #

What a shame, the dress looked beautiful on the model. Another waste of a perfectly good gown.

• Hannah November 13, 2012 at 05:34 #

I think it’s largely because there is clearly a lot more fabric on teh skirt of the oiginal dress, which makes it more romantic and flowing nad less see-through. It also appears to have feathers at the hem.

• Gabby November 13, 2012 at 18:57 #

OMG JUST LEAVE HER ALONE, YOUR JUST JEALOUS THAT SHE LOOKED SO AMAZING!!!!

• AW November 13, 2012 at 23:23 #

There is something fundamentally wrong with people that automatically scream “jealous” whenever someone else has an opposing opinion. Get your life + several seats.

Anyway, I agree about the skirt. Outside of the fan base comment which is a very valid point, she does not look classy with her knickers showing.

The model looks like a goddess and seeing the gap between Kristin’s legs makes me cringe.

• Valerie November 14, 2012 at 00:08 #

• Jen November 14, 2012 at 22:54 #

But you can see the model’s underwear too…?

• MEME November 15, 2012 at 04:48 #

I don’t know who the “Jealous” comment was directed at, but I and the other posters here are the furthest thing from “Jealous”…. This girl just breathes death into couture, and that is an honest assestment…. you would think for the Final Premiere’s that she would go out with a bang…. this look is just not it….

• CTgirl November 13, 2012 at 13:12 #

I have to agree with your assessment. From the vulgar dress (the essentially skirt-less dress is a fad from last year that should just go away), to the bright pink lipstick, to the (yet again) side-swept hair this is just a big old miss.