Elle Fanning In Prada – ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2′ LA Premiere

Elle Fanning joined her older sister Dakota Fanning on the red carpet for ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2′ premiere, held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in California on Monday evening.

The young star wore a Prada Spring 2013 ensemble.

Her pink satin look featured a peplum top and short skirt with what I can imagine is an obi-style belt.

I like how she can wear a colour this pale and not be totally washed out by it, but I find the shoes distracting – not in a good way.

Barely-there makeup and super-straight locks completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nieves Alvarez' Emilio Pucci Houndstooth Chiffon Coat

Nieves Alvarez’ Emilio Pucci Houndstooth Chiffon Coat

Isla Fisher's Two by Vince Camuto Bird Print Blouse

Isla Fisher’s Two by Vince Camuto Bird Print Blouse

40 Responses to Elle Fanning In Prada – ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2′ LA Premiere

1. Sam November 13, 2012 at 09:39 #

I find this whole outfit hideous. From the boring hair to the unflattering dress, not to mention the ugliest shoes I have seen in quite a while.

• Yeliz November 13, 2012 at 11:50 #

I agree with everything you said.

• Parvati November 15, 2012 at 19:01 #

Me, too!

• dee November 13, 2012 at 13:43 #

ITA. This is terrible.

• Lisa November 13, 2012 at 14:08 #

I hate it as well.

• Christine November 13, 2012 at 14:57 #

Wow, she looks bad. Them shoes are a NO.

• Jess2 November 13, 2012 at 18:26 #

Couldn’t have said it better, this is really bad!

• Noemi (WBiS) November 14, 2012 at 08:38 #

I couldn’t agree more. The shoes… what did Miuccia drink before designing those things?

2. Princess Chi Chi November 13, 2012 at 09:41 #

The colour works but that dress looks like a little girls arts/craft project and I don’t like her shoes (cringing from that choice). On the bright side her make up is stunning, would have loved some bold lips though.

3. la-karenina November 13, 2012 at 09:48 #

I can only express my feelings in one word: WHY???

4. mia November 13, 2012 at 09:55 #

those shoes are hilarious :)

5. firien November 13, 2012 at 10:20 #

I see the idea, and I think the shoes work well with the dress, but the whole look failed to create the modern geisha-atmosphere.

6. abasss November 13, 2012 at 10:47 #

I can’t like this girl, I want to but I can’t, her hair colour looks terrible on her pretty face.

7. taytayreeves November 13, 2012 at 11:23 #

How is this Prada? ..she looks ridiculous , I hate her style so much its not cute its embaressing . Everything she wears looks like a tragic attempt at being fashion forward but she always ends up looking bad. I can only think of two times in which she’s look good

8. Henrique November 13, 2012 at 11:34 #

This has to be one of my least favorite Prada collections but I like Elle even more for not being afraid of fashion.

9. Kim November 13, 2012 at 11:37 #

I love that she has fun with fashion! Having said that, she looks like she has floatation devices strapped to her feet. If they were wedges rather than flatforms this look might have worked.

• bas November 13, 2012 at 12:10 #

I agree about the fun-with-fashion, but even with that she looks a mess. Quite unflattering dress, and those shoes are simply hideous.

10. gurlygurl November 13, 2012 at 11:41 #

Wow I had to do a double take. I thought she was wearing a top and a satin nappy. I hate when designers deliberately design clothes to make women look ridiculous. This is a perfect example :(

• CreoleLady November 13, 2012 at 19:32 #

ITA on all points.

11. Beta November 13, 2012 at 12:06 #

this prada outfit is possibly the most FUG outfit of the year :P
    Its surprising how they can go from some amazing collections like spring 2011 to THIS :P

12. robbie November 13, 2012 at 12:39 #

this collection needs someone with attitude to pull any of it off, sadly this girl has no attitude.

13. Emmeline November 13, 2012 at 12:40 #

What in the fresh hell are those shoes? I can’t even see anything else because they’re so darn distracting.

14. Irmina November 13, 2012 at 13:04 #

NO NO NO! She looks so bad :( her skin is too pale to the creation. And these shoes are so awful :( Terrible look.

15. EmmaWoodhouse November 13, 2012 at 13:10 #

One sister got it so right, the other so wrong. Unfortunately, it wasn’t Elle’s night. This postively HIDEOUS ensemble (WHAT THE HECK, PRADA?) and those horrific shoes, plus the dry-lookng hair…everything about this is SO wrong.

16. r1ma November 13, 2012 at 13:36 #

It takes a lot of balls to wear a runway Prada outfit.

6 Months from now, people will be into this look. It usually takes some time for people to digest it.

More power to celebs who wear it on the runway carpet (not custom looks though, they make everything so boring)

17. chryssa November 13, 2012 at 13:59 #

The dress is great,adorable on her…but the shoes…horrible!

18. Lisa November 13, 2012 at 14:10 #

9 times out of 10 I just don’t get Prada. Weird is not fashionable.

19. Anna November 13, 2012 at 14:14 #

I remember the things I wanted to wear as a teenager – always the weirdest out of a range of perfectly nice clothing. So when’s time to wear a de-constructed bed sheet and satin-ey bricks held on your feet by a bow and a prayer if not in your teen-years?
    I endorse the outfit whole-heartedly.)

20. Leti November 13, 2012 at 15:43 #

In general, I appreciate Elle’s willingness to have with fashion and take a risk. However, the are some of the ugliest shoes I’ve ever seen on the red carpet, and this isn’t the first time I could say that about a pair of shoes she’s worn.

21. Robert November 13, 2012 at 15:53 #

Oh. My. Gawd. Not just the shoes but the dress too.

I have no words.

22. Hannah November 13, 2012 at 16:05 #

I don’t mind th dress, I think that witht eh sleek, straight hair and some good, modern, not painful, looking shoes, this could have been a really nice chic, simple look, but no. Good for her for going for more daring pieces, but I wish that she would go for attractive daring pieces, because these shoes are hid.

23. Joan November 13, 2012 at 16:05 #

Horrible! Probably the ugliest shoes I have ever seen

24. Moxie November 13, 2012 at 16:33 #

One look at her and the words to Oh, My Darling Clementine are stuck in my head.

Light she was and like a fairy,
    And her shoes were number nine
    Herring boxes, without topses,
    Sandals were for Clementine.

25. ash November 13, 2012 at 19:12 #

I actually love this look, I love how she’s not afraid to take risks on the red carpet, and looking at Prada’s spring collection, I think this is the best that we’ll see from it.. Love the shoes too, obviously not something anyone would wear, but very conceptual, it’s nice.

26. Dhppy November 13, 2012 at 19:56 #

Though I don’t like a thing about this, I do appreciate Elle’s willingness to take risks in fashion. Perhaps she should study Solange Knowles, and Tilda Swinton and see how they make their risks pay off for them.

27. pipsqueak November 14, 2012 at 04:15 #

Everything else looked fine, but the shoes were hideous. I don’t like those Japanese-geta-inspired shoes in the Prada Spring 2013 collection. I felt/feel the same about the beach sandals of Celine Spring 2013, platform sandals of Akris Spring 2011, clogs of Chanel Spring 2010 and fishnet slip-ons of Roland Mouret of Spring 2010. I’m sorry those shoes won’t catch on.

28. Louise November 14, 2012 at 06:33 #

I seriously do not understand those shoes. Sometimes you can just be wacky and go for a couture look that makes you look different in an awesome way… but those shoes are really unflattering for her feet… REALLY UNFLATTERING.

29. kiwi November 14, 2012 at 06:37 #

Huh???? I am still scratching my head.. what’s this???

30. Emma November 14, 2012 at 12:02 #

Worst look of the night. The shoes look like a child’s stilts.

31. Zissou November 14, 2012 at 23:01 #

The dress would be decent if it was fitted better, but those shoes have absolutely no redeeming value.
    Well, except for the fact that they gave me today’s biggest laugh!