Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Raoul – Queenstown Visit

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge attended a cultural event in Queenstown, Singapore.

They then visited Strathmore Green, a housing estate in Queenstown, the name of which commemorates the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.

Upon arrival, the couple were greeted by a large dancing dragon and viewed a performance that showcased the three main cultures of Singapore: the Chinese, Malay and Indian communities.

Catherine wore a Raoul Pre-Fall 2012 blouse and pleated skirt with a black waistband.

The look is relaxed, laidback but still lady-like.

Following her wedges from her previous look, I welcome the return of her LK Bennett nude pumps.

Credit: Vogue.it & Getty

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham - 'Extant' LA Premiere

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham – ‘Extant’ LA Premiere

Cat Deeley In Pamella Roland - FOX's Fall Eco-Casino Party

Cat Deeley In Pamella Roland – FOX’s Fall Eco-Casino Party

20 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Raoul – Queenstown Visit

1. Princess Chi Chi September 12, 2012 at 11:34 #

Whilst I lovelovelove that dress I don’t really like the shoes. Beauty wise she looks flawless but still uninteresting nonetheless. On a different note she’s doing well matching her outfits with her gorgeous ring.

2. Ade September 12, 2012 at 11:54 #

The only time she was ever truly breathtaking was on her wedding day, everything else has been a snooze fest even those moments when she somehow makes it into the best dressed.

• Nishta September 12, 2012 at 12:43 #

3. BeatofA September 12, 2012 at 12:22 #

Some charlotte olympia heels would be so great on this

4. Markness September 12, 2012 at 12:43 #

Someone needs to throw those pumps of hers. I don’t get the sick attachment to it. I wish they were Manolos or Louboutins.

5. The Very Simon G September 12, 2012 at 13:48 #

She looks nice, but I’d rather see her in the actual collection piece. I guess it’s just too ‘out there’ for a princess? Shame!

• Camellia September 14, 2012 at 03:33 #

She purchases all the clothes that she wears (her father in law provides her with a clothing allowance) I guess she has to make her money stretch as far as possible which would rule out collection pieces.

6. elaine2 September 12, 2012 at 13:56 #

thank god the wedges didn’t come out. I don’t mind this look, but it’s not exactly high style, IMO. The sleeves are kinda wonky. I can’t imagine having that hair hanging down in that heat. PUT IT UP, PLEASE!!!

7. Yeliz September 12, 2012 at 15:34 #

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I wish she had worn her favourite black pumps to complement the black waistband.

8. dee September 12, 2012 at 16:17 #

Nice dress and as expected shoes are a snooze.

9. Laura September 12, 2012 at 16:20 #

Gorgeous, as always!

10. doublea September 12, 2012 at 17:13 #

honestly i really appreciate the homage she’s giving to singaporean or from singapore designers. from prabal gurung to raoul which is a singapore brand. what would be great is she actually wear a london based singaporean designer, Ashley Isham. That will be something to look at.
    As always safe and politically correct look from dear ms kate :D

11. moja31 September 12, 2012 at 17:46 #

aside from the same old boring shoes & hair, i actually like this dress. it seems more her speed than the try hard Prabal Gurung from the other day.

12. Kyriaki-Cyprus September 12, 2012 at 19:47 #

I watched her and William live this morning from a website and I think regarding the shoes, she is choosing comfortable over fashionable ones. I mean they were standing, walking, moving around. I think for the first time I understood her shoe choice. It isn’t a red carpet appearance that you have to stand for a while, so on. That’s how I understand it. The dress looked better on video too. I like the sleeves and print on this one.

13. Dolly September 12, 2012 at 20:36 #

I found the dress to be quite boring and the sleeve detailing rather unflattering. Her arms look strangely large and untoned, which for her is not the case. I think overall nothing to write home about

• Robert September 12, 2012 at 23:24 #

Nothing that she wears is ever worth writing home about. What’s the point of a hair-dresser if she NEVER does anything with hair, even for formal events?

14. TL September 13, 2012 at 00:34 #

Not talking about the “only TWO pair of shoes” or “Always-looks-the-same dresses” she wore, can she please do some changes to her boring hairstyle and makeups?

15. Christine September 13, 2012 at 02:19 #

Glad she is wearing more refreshing looks per se. Better than a boring same old style dress.

16. VR September 13, 2012 at 05:46 #

I like this outfit

I can’t explain why, but I really like what she wears, and how she wears it. I actually like the hair, and I don’t mind the shoes.

I know that I wouldn’t be able to do what she does. I respect her for looking pretty, well groomed, modest, well dressed, and retaining some qualities of realness. She does all that (with some amount of grace) while under what must be a lot of stress being in the public eye, with the world watching her (and criticizing her) now. So, I guess I am willing to forgive small errors or flaws.

• EmmaWoodhouse September 13, 2012 at 13:21 #

You know, I totally agree with you. I also have a liking for her–although others think her boring, I think she has great style. Yes, there are styling details that could be improved. But overall I love her and everything she wears!
      This dress is so cute on her!