Hailee Steinfeld In Marc Jacobs – ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ New York Premiere

Hailee Steinfeld proved herself to be a true fashion darling in the making yesterday evening at the premiere of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ in New York City.

The actress sported a colourful floral sequin dress from Marc Jacobs’ Resort 2013 collection and looked adorable as she smiled and flaunted the large three-dimensional bow at the top of her age-appropriate and fresh ensemble.

When this look was presented it was of a longer, ankle-grazing length, which I would have preferred in this case.

While the look has a youthful air, a full-length dress would have mixed in an element of drama. Steinfeld’s updo and simple makeup, on the other hand, are refreshing nods to her young age — the starlet is only fifteen, after all.

Black chunky wedges and a black plexy clutch from the same collection prevent the dress from seeming too dainty and complete what I think is a winning look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zoe Saldana's Tory Burch 'Presley' Print Jersey Tee And Hudson Jeans 'London' Overalls

Zoe Saldana’s Tory Burch ‘Presley’ Print Jersey Tee And Hudson Jeans ‘London’ Overalls

Demi Lovato's Topshop Leather Biker Jacket

Demi Lovato’s Topshop Leather Biker Jacket

23 Responses to Hailee Steinfeld In Marc Jacobs – ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ New York Premiere

1. Lara July 17, 2012 at 13:26 #

Not a fan of those stone-crushers on her feet, but otherwise it’s a decent look. I don’t love it though.

• Alina July 17, 2012 at 15:33 #

• Jess2 July 18, 2012 at 13:19 #

2. Christine July 17, 2012 at 14:03 #

She looks cute. I like the dress as is on her. Longer would’ve been over doing it. This is not her premiere, she is a guest after all.

The shoes are ok. Not a fan but they work here.

3. bm July 17, 2012 at 14:04 #

The only thing I hate is her black clutch, if she choose, say it blue color, I think this look will be a winning look.

4. Rebecca Z July 17, 2012 at 14:31 #

Agree that the dress looks better ankle length–not to the floor. She looks adorable.

5. Mariazinha July 17, 2012 at 14:32 #

Those are some seriously ugly shoes!!

6. Lee Ann July 17, 2012 at 14:38 #

I loved the orange version on Anna and prefer the blue but it is too long and I hate the shoes here.

7. robbie July 17, 2012 at 14:59 #

looked so good like i panned down to the bricks strapped to her feet.

8. su July 17, 2012 at 15:09 #

i would like this dress sort, the clutch is awful and the shoes just ok

9. dee July 17, 2012 at 15:22 #

I think she looks flawless.

10. Linda July 17, 2012 at 15:24 #

I agree with some posters who say the shoes are ugly, but in this context, they work very well. I think the look is cohesive, vibrant and youthful and I would say it’s a winning look.

11. Fiona - Brasil July 17, 2012 at 15:35 #

This look doesn’t do her any favors : wrong lenght of the dress with heavy shoes, heavy color of her clutch, finally a total disaster.The only thing I like is her delightful smile…

12. Kim July 17, 2012 at 16:10 #

Her dress looks so refreshing! Different in a good way, not trying hard to become an adult unlike the rest. I love the way she carries her dress!

13. Yeliz July 17, 2012 at 16:15 #

I wouldn’t liked this dress on any other celebrity who is older than 18, but I like it on Hailee. It’s age appropriate and looks nice on her. The one thing I don’t like, hate actually, are those hideous shoes.

14. Nat39 July 17, 2012 at 18:29 #

Both the black clutch and the shoes are too heavy, weighing down the look. Something in a more complementary non-black colour would’ve worked much better.

15. Aline July 17, 2012 at 20:31 #

This dress is so incredibly matronly and the wedges ugh are terrible. I was really disappointed when I saw the picture, Hailee can do so much better.

16. Ritika July 17, 2012 at 20:45 #

Cute, but I would have liked some other shoes.

17. Dan Oliver July 18, 2012 at 00:32 #

I really like the dress i think she looks better then than model the shoes are a no

18. Dhppy July 18, 2012 at 21:07 #

Hailee always makes such smart choices. I like the length of her dress, especially if she must wear those shoes with them. The models feet look too clownish with the hem hovering just above them.

19. Hisadora July 19, 2012 at 01:07 #

This look makes me wanna cry, seriously….. I am 15 and I’d NEVER wear something like this, awful

20. Hannah July 21, 2012 at 14:05 #

I don’t hate the look btu I don’t loe it either. Her style was at its best when she was a red carpet newbie imo, and now it’s almost trying to wear fashion, bordering on fashion-victim. Her girlier, younger more effortless looks are my favourites.
    Anna Wintour has worn the red version, and other than that only Hiary Swank & Sophia Coppola have ownr this collection, wich is great company to be in!

21. Kathy July 23, 2012 at 07:40 #

I personally think the dress ages her. The shoes are terrible as well, but that’s actually not my main concern, LOL. The floral print screams grandmother to me, and the black clutch is wrong, wrong, wrong.