Maria Sharapova In Antonio Berardi – Pre-Wimbledon Party

Maria Sharapova celebrated the upcoming Wimbledon tournament at a party held at Kensington Roof Gardens in London on Thursday night.

The tennis star had fun on the red carpet, playing with the high-low hemline of her Antonio Berardi Fall 2012 dress.

As she tends to favour these feminine looks off the court, Maria looked excited to wear the nude chiffon dress with leather embroidery.

“I love being in London and the energy of this city,” Maria said. “That energy inspired me to explore Britain’s up-and-coming talent and to support designer Antonio Berardi, who was kind enough to make my dress.”

The world’s current No. 1 ranked tennis player accessorized the look with ruby-red satin Roger Vivier ‘Sport Chic’ heels, which complemented her earrings, and an Alexander McQueen clutch which complemented her dress.

As always at this event, the majority of her looks were designed by British brands.

Do you like the contrasting red heels, or should Maria have gone head-to-toe matchy matchy?

You can buy Maria’s Antonio Berardi dress from Net-A-Porter International.

Credit: Style.com, FameFlynet & Getty

Who Wore H&M Red Carpet Conscious Collection Better? Michelle Jenner or Shu Qi

Who Wore H&M Red Carpet Conscious Collection Better? Michelle Jenner or Shu Qi

Michelle Williams In Altuzarra – ‘Take This Waltz’ Special New York Screening

Michelle Williams In Altuzarra – ‘Take This Waltz’ Special New York Screening

25 Responses to Maria Sharapova In Antonio Berardi – Pre-Wimbledon Party

1. TL June 22, 2012 at 10:47 #

Wow she looks fabulous, young and fresh here. Love the cute earrings, her makeup is flawless, and surprisingly I like the red heels with the overall look. This is her best look for me.

2. Sanya June 22, 2012 at 11:01 #

I think she is really beautifull and almost everything will look nice on her, but nothing so special this time. Although, she looks better than runway model.

anybody knows the designer of the dress Ana Ivanovic was wearing on this Pre-Wembledon party?

3. Mandy June 22, 2012 at 11:01 #

LOVE ! the ruby heels are perfect !

4. Alina June 22, 2012 at 11:06 #

Red sandalds would have been better.

5. Aaron June 22, 2012 at 11:07 #

Well, if I said what I’ve thought about Masha for the past seven years, I wouldn’t be allowed to comment here. :)

I think she looks amazing. The dress is perfect. The heels are perfect (and make her like 6’7″). The combo is perfect.

Oh, Maria. After everything you did at the French, don’t let me down.

6. anne June 22, 2012 at 11:09 #

I really love this look head to toe and i’m happy she’s not afraid of high heels even though she’s very tall. I would love to see this for BDOTW if possible :).

• Kaz June 22, 2012 at 13:05 #

Me too. I love this look, she’s absolutely glowing. Also like that she picked a white dress for the pre-Wimbledon party – tres appropriate!

7. AngeV June 22, 2012 at 11:26 #

I love it! The pop of red with the shoes is perfect .

8. Yeliz June 22, 2012 at 12:01 #

I love everything about this look the shoes included, they complement her earrings perfectly. Her make up is flawless.

9. mimi June 22, 2012 at 12:39 #

I love each piece individually, and I think the shoes are great with the dress….but I’m not sure about the earrings. I think they compete with the dress a little. I’m still liking the overall effect though, what a great dress! Lovely and ethereal.

10. Ivy June 22, 2012 at 12:42 #

She looks good, but for me the heels don’t go well with this dress. Personally, I think Ana Ivanovic stole the spotlight at this event, she looked gorgeous.

11. Christine June 22, 2012 at 14:20 #

I love the pop of color via her shoes. She looks great!

12. bm June 22, 2012 at 14:34 #

I don’t like the train. Very strange. If it was longer or shorter, i would’ve loved it.

13. Cascia June 22, 2012 at 15:30 #

Me encantó este look en ella… I love her shoes too

14. MoxieSue June 22, 2012 at 15:37 #

The pop of color from the shoes/earrings is perfect. I just wish it wasn’t a mullet dress. That is one fashion trend I’m hoping ends soon.

15. Shaina June 22, 2012 at 17:21 #

Fabulous, I love the shoes and her confidence here!

16. Nat June 22, 2012 at 17:32 #

I think she looks great in this and I adore the red shoes. The earrings might be just slightly over the top (for my liking), but overall the styling works.
    I don’t like it when she goes too girly/cutesy with her looks, as it doesn’t seems to fit her figure and her personality, but this is the right balance.

17. Leti June 22, 2012 at 17:37 #

I really like the overall look, and I applaud her for going for a pop of color with her shoes. If I were going to quibble, I might say that she could have made the more summery by going for a deep pink shoe rather than red, while still complementing the earrings.

18. Jerfan zor June 22, 2012 at 20:21 #

For me she is always perfect.Because she is always perfect.U know when I love Masha most ! When she played tennis.Overall I loved her.she helped to follow a good person.Lets pray for her.

19. Nat39 June 22, 2012 at 20:30 #

The shoes are way out of place, should’ve gone for complementary delicate silver sandals and could keep the ruby earrings as a statement element.

• Nat39 June 22, 2012 at 21:13 #

Even if she’d worn the version of the dress with the ruby embroidery (as seen on Erin Wasson), the style of the shoes is still wrong (too bulky for this light delicate dress).

20. cartouche June 22, 2012 at 21:42 #

very similar to rosie huntington-whiteley’s dress, i almost thought it was the same one!
    she looks fab.. i love when a tall woman rocks high heels

21. Amy June 23, 2012 at 15:26 #

nice dress, love the shoes!

22. Maosa June 23, 2012 at 15:45 #

unexpectedly classy of her. she normally goes for this cheap, cookie-cut look, and this one stands out for a change