22.06.12

Blake Lively Announced As The Face Of Gucci’s New Fragrance: Gucci Première

Blake Lively has been unveiled as the face of Gucci Première, the next female fragrance for the fashion house.

Frida Giannini, Gucci Creative Director, said, “In conceiving this fragrance I was inspired by timeless Hollywood glamour and the iconic leading ladies of Hollywood’s golden era. Blake’s unique style and charisma brings that allure to life in a very contemporary way.”

Blake Lively stated, “It is a pleasure to collaborate with Frida Giannini. I admire the qualities of the Gucci Première woman and feel honored to represent the fragrance.”

The print campaign for the new fragrance was shot by Mert & Marcus, and the commercial film was directed by Nicolas Winding Refn. The short film will be presented at a special event during the Venice Film Festival on September 1st, 2012.

Blake joins Evan Rachel Wood, Chris Evans and James Franco in representing Gucci’s fragrances.

Gucci Première will be launched worldwide from July 2012.

Hopefully this will mean us seeing Blake Lively in Gucci Première gowns during her promo tour.

I can’t wait.

Credit: Gucci

WTA Pre-Wimbledon Party at The Roof Gardens

WTA Pre-Wimbledon Party at The Roof Gardens

Jessica Stroup In Amen - 'Ted' LA Premiere

Jessica Stroup In Amen – ‘Ted’ LA Premiere

15 Responses to Blake Lively Announced As The Face Of Gucci’s New Fragrance: Gucci Première

1. Yeliz June 22, 2012 at 14:49 #

I’m not that excited about this. I hope that she will wear Gucci Première gowns, though.

2. Christine June 22, 2012 at 14:52 #

I can’t wait either. This partnership is going to be exciting one to watch! Just in time for her Savages promo tour :)

• Anita June 22, 2012 at 17:35 #

I can’t wait either! And the ad will be directed by Nicholas Winding Refn of all people so it should be interesting. Atleast now people will stop moaning about how she wasn’t a Chanel girl – but I’m sure they will find another reason to rain on her parade lol.

• Ahot June 22, 2012 at 19:12 #

+2!

3. Anna June 22, 2012 at 15:18 #

It’s going to be interesting to see the commercial.

4. priyanka June 22, 2012 at 15:43 #

i’m really surprised by this collaboration since gucci isn’t really a brand that she has favored in the past (i think she’s worn the label a handful of times). she’ll look great in the ads, but i couldn’t help but roll my eyes about the comparison to “iconic leading ladies of hollywood’s golden era”!

• Alina June 22, 2012 at 15:58 #

I agree.

• Runa June 27, 2012 at 15:42 #

Could it be a coincidence she dd a movie with salma (wife of CEO of PPR) and is now face of Gucci premiere perfume?

5. Annie June 22, 2012 at 15:43 #

i think she suits the Gucci brand vibes more than Chanel, so i’m looking forward to this

6. Hannah June 22, 2012 at 18:22 #

Even though I think that there are more interesting and fashion-relevant people to choose for this, and I always prefer a model as face rather than celebrity as face, I am intrigued. This partnership makes a lot more sense to me than the Chanel one, and hopefully it will result in better red carpet outfits.

7. glendy June 22, 2012 at 18:55 #

I also understand that Aleksander Skaarsgard will be the face for the men’s fragrance. I’ve seen one of the ads and it looks gorgeous.

8. Jones19 June 22, 2012 at 20:53 #

I can’t wait to see this ad, she’s a much better fit for Gucci than Chanel. I hope she’ll wear some Gucci Premieré gowns too :)

9. Simon June 22, 2012 at 21:35 #

OMG. Can’t Wait.

10. PB June 22, 2012 at 22:16 #

Blake is much more a Gucci girl than Chanel. Can see the sexy, smouldering ad already! Much better fit!

11. Amy June 23, 2012 at 15:23 #

I agree with everyone Blake is more Gucci than Chanel and she had some nice moments in Gucci.
    However this is more directed to Frida, why brands keep choosing the same spokepersons for million of things? Blake has just been a Chanel girl and then Frida chooses her for Gucci, why take the same celeb especially when Hollywood is filled with actresses of the same caliber.
    Anyway I’m still happy for Blake, she has the sexy Gucci vibe.