11.06.12

Blake Lively For Marie Claire US July 2012

Blake Lively smoulders on the cover for the July 2012 issue for Marie Claire US wearing nothing but a red satin blazer.

The rest of Blake’s editorial, shot by Txema Yeste, sees her wearing the same Marios Schwab dress Jessica Chastain wore last night to the 2012 Tony Awards. She also wears Jenny Packham, Dolce & Gabbana and Calvin Klein.

Before the star embarks on a promo tour for her latest movie, ‘Savages’, set to hit theaters on July 6th, Blake sat down with Nina Garcia to draw out the distinctions between herself and Serena, especially in the dating department.

She’s still talking about not having a stylist and her plus she share how she got prepping for this movie.

There are some extracts below, plus you can read more over at MarieClaire.com.

On whether there’s someone who helps her with her look: “My assistant will call fashion houses for me, but I always pick the outfit, shoes, jewelry, and a lot of times I do my own hair and makeup for events. Sometimes I think, God, why do I do this to myself? It’s so much extra work!”

On why she doesn’t seek additional help: “Because I love fashion. It’s such an expression of self. I often see people and they look great, but I can identify who styled them. Every stylist has a signature. Maybe it sounds jerky, but I’m lucky to be on such a fashion-centric show [Gossip Girl]. There’s no designer I don’t have access to.”

On if there anyone’s style she’s currently obsessing over: “I love Florence Welch. She’s pure magic. I always admire people who make really strong choices. When you do something bold, it’s usually because you feel really good in it.”

On if wearing revealing outfits shades the public’s perception of her: “People like to draw parallels between my life and the scandalous stories on Gossip Girl. I dress the same as my character, so they think; she lives this life on and off set. I recently shared how many boyfriends I’ve had [four], and people were like, “That’s impossible!” But it’s true. I’ve been with very few people. If I’m not with somebody who really excites or inspires me, then I’d rather be by myself

On the public’s perception of her: “People like to draw parallels between my life and the scandalous stories on Gossip Girl. I dress the same as my character, so they think; she lives this life on and off set. I recently shared how many boyfriends I’ve had [four], and people were like, “That’s impossible!” But it’s true. I’ve been with very few people. If I’m not with somebody who really excites or inspires me, then I’d rather be by myself.”

On the hardest part of getting ready for her role in the new film, Savages: “I went to the gun range and learned how to shoot a gun for the first time. It was awful. I asked myself, why were these things ever invented? But I did feel good that my first three shots were straight to the heart. It’s good to know – don’t mess with me in a gun battle.”

Jenny Packham dress & Giuseppe Zanotti Design shoes

Marios Schwab dress

Dolce & Gabbana bodysuit & Calvin Klein skirt

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Celebrities Love...Christian Louboutin ‘Summerissima’ Sandals

Celebrities Love…Christian Louboutin ‘Summerissima’ Sandals

Tabitha Simmons Resort 2013

Tabitha Simmons Resort 2013

37 Responses to Blake Lively For Marie Claire US July 2012

1. Anna June 11, 2012 at 16:41 #

Surprise surpirse Blake’s showing off her assets. As usual.

And surprise surprise that you feature this but not her co-star Leighton Meester’s cover of the same magazine.

• Jackie June 11, 2012 at 17:26 #

Leighton Meester on the cover of Marie Claire? On which planet?

Blake looks so stunning ,she’s so beautiful ,I wish she could be a model not an actress ,her acting isnt that good

• Rosie June 11, 2012 at 17:50 #

Actually Leighton was on the cover of Marie Claire US for their April issue.

• Daria June 11, 2012 at 17:33 #

I’m not sure I like the tone of your first comment. Blake isn’t in anything too revealing and aside from the bodysuit, she’s completely covered.

• Fashion Critic June 11, 2012 at 18:02 #

Really? This again? For the last time I didn’t see the Leighton cover and also it is up to me what I put on this site.

• Jarie June 12, 2012 at 06:12 #

Makes it sound like we are invading your website. Thought it was by you for the public.

• Nicole June 12, 2012 at 08:39 #

Ouch

• Lily June 11, 2012 at 19:03 #

ITA… ITA… ITA

2. Molly June 11, 2012 at 16:55 #

Wow, I can’t believe that is the same Marios Schwab dress as the one Jessica Chastain wore. This makes it VERY clear that this was the wrong choice for Jessica. It is amazing on Blake (although she is probably PhotoShopped a good bit…)

• Yeliz June 11, 2012 at 17:40 #

ITA. I couldn’t believe that it’s the same dress.

• Jones19 June 12, 2012 at 18:06 #

ITA. It didn’t look half as good on Chastain.

3. priyanka June 11, 2012 at 17:12 #

she looks great, but it feels like more of the same to me (mouth open, low neck, high slit) with the exception of the marios schwab dress. it’s interesting that she talks about her access to different designers, because she definitely does not come across as having a strong knowledge fashion. she is almost always in chanel or marchesa for her big red carpet events; she maybe picking her own looks, but she’s really just showing her limited range.

• Tina June 13, 2012 at 00:41 #

I agree. I have never been a big fan of her red carpet style – it seems very limited and her choices are very similar. Now I know why. I mean, we all know she’s got a great bod, but why show what is beyond necessary? A little mystery is good.

4. Katie June 11, 2012 at 17:27 #

Beautiful clothes, but I wish she varied her expression every once in awhile.

5. GiGi June 11, 2012 at 17:44 #

Not crazy about how they photoshopped that right boob on the cover picture.

6. Hannah June 11, 2012 at 18:13 #

I think that the cover dress is Balmain, it seems to be a mix of this dress: http://www.balmain.com/boutique/d-robe-longue-en-velour-embossee-balmain/ and this shirt: http://www.balmain.com/boutique/d-chemisier-rouge-en-soie-decolte-balmain/
    Either way, I like neither the cover nor the editorial, it is just yet another way of showing off her body. I’m sure that she can do more than sexy photoshoots so I wish we could see that more instead of this.

• Fashion Critic June 11, 2012 at 20:21 #

thanks so much…you are my third eye ;D

7. SS June 11, 2012 at 18:19 #

OK this girl gets a lot of flak all the time. But I think she’s absolutely stunning. She’s got that epic Hollywood glam girl look that just doesn’t come by too easy. It’s that perfect balance of having just a smidge more allure than a model (not as vacant) and yet being a total unattainable beauty. Clothes fall just right on her. One fluid stroke of gorgeous.

• manja June 12, 2012 at 08:59 #

8. Misti64 June 11, 2012 at 18:36 #

Geez Leighton fans will never give up on attacking Blake.
    Leighton has looked gorgeous at her film premiere, MTV awards, MET Gala (sans her GG co star) but it’s not enough?
    Blake is still holding her back from her greatness?
    *eye roll*

9. Christine June 11, 2012 at 19:06 #

She has one smoking hot bod. I like this one better than the bullet editorial.

10. Amy June 11, 2012 at 20:01 #

some people on this website just don’t like Blake. I think she looks fabulous, and she wears clothes very well that’s probably why fashion mags keep putting her on their covers.However I’d love if they could try something else with her instead of the usual sexy glamazone, maybe grunge or punk inspired shoot? LOL just kidding but I’d like something new.
    btw I have the Leighton Marie-claire mag she was indeed stunning but FC can’t be everywhere so give her some slack

• Fashion Critic June 11, 2012 at 20:13 #

Thanks Amy. It really is not personal, I’m surprised that people think it is. Some things catch my eye, some things I miss, some things readers are kind enough to point out to me.

• Luiza June 11, 2012 at 20:23 #

Nice of you to say that

• Fashion Critic June 11, 2012 at 20:44 #

thank you so much.

11. Simon June 11, 2012 at 20:49 #

I miss her on the redcarpet SO MUCH

12. Fer June 11, 2012 at 21:04 #

I MISS HER SO MUCH ON THE RED CARPET, really so much.

13. fashionmint June 11, 2012 at 21:47 #

Girlfriend is looking mighty awesome & hot ! love her !

14. Tani June 11, 2012 at 22:22 #

The only thing I can’t figure it out is WHY, oh WHY the mouth is always open?

15. Nishta June 12, 2012 at 04:14 #

She looks photoshopped to death here. Her body shape is different in every single picture!

16. firien June 12, 2012 at 05:53 #

This might be a bit off-topic, but her answers to the 4th and 5th questions are the exact same.

17. roxana June 12, 2012 at 07:10 #

gorgeus as always

18. Colleen June 12, 2012 at 14:32 #

Lord, is she stunning. I love her and think she looks gorgeous in every picture from this shoot (as always!). She is working the HECK out of the Marios Schwab dress – so much more so than Jessica Chastain.

19. Lady Loki June 12, 2012 at 15:21 #

She’s gorgeous and her body is on fire, but bores me to death. Always the same style, poses, face, everything. Yawn…next!

20. EmmaWoodhouse June 12, 2012 at 21:22 #

Her face looks very gorgeous, but I don’t like the overtly sexy styling. I like the last two shots, they seem very high fashion.

21. Lala June 13, 2012 at 20:36 #

Too much photoshop sorry. Her body is already so on point. Why do they have to make it look so weird?!

And I cant even with her interview. Get over yourself bb

22. allie June 20, 2012 at 10:26 #