03.05.12

Lanvin Beijing Fashion Show

Last week Lanvin showcased their Fall 2012 collection in Beijing, China, with a host of local celebrities in attendance wearing very familiar looks.

Fan Bingbing: The actress wore the same Lanvin Spring 2012 ensemble we recently saw on Demi Moore. Fan also added the same Lanvin crystal eagle necklace to the look. Black Christian Louboutin ‘Daffodile’ pumps, a gold box clutch and a top hat provided the finishing touches.

Wang Haizhen: The star gave us our second re-run wearing the same Lanvin Spring 2012 banded tri-colour nude, black and rose stretch silk dress with an embroidered crystal snake motif wrapped around her neck we saw worn by both Jennifer Lopez and Emma Stone.

Zhou Dongyu: You may remember that Dakota Fanning wore this same Lanvin Pre-Fall 2012 fuchsia dress just last month, giving us our third re-run of this event. With Lanvin’s archives, it’s amazing that these ladies didn’t pick looks which haven’t been worn already.

Ni Ni: The actress looks gorgeous – stunning, in fact – wearing a bi-colour Lanvin gown, but who wears a full-on strapless gown to a runway show? Not even Anna Dello Russo would be that bold. This gown was worn by Natalie Portman to the 2012 Golden Globes in a gorgeous fuchsia colour.

Credit: Lanvin

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery - International Fashion Film Awards

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery – International Fashion Film Awards

Who Wore Lanvin Better? Natalie Portman or Ni Ni

Who Wore Lanvin Better? Natalie Portman or Ni Ni

15 Responses to Lanvin Beijing Fashion Show

1. d May 3, 2012 at 12:10 #

lose that hat Fan! is this a magicians show?
    not a fan for her show choice either

I think Emma does more justice to the tri colour nude dress

2. Jones19 May 3, 2012 at 12:36 #

Rerun after rerun. Was this a sloppy seconds show?

3. Riley May 3, 2012 at 12:56 #

I don’t like any of them. Fan Bing Bing’s look is such an eyeroll. She can try way too hard sometimes.

I agree that Ni Ni looks stunning and even though I hate black dresses, this one is beautiful, and beautiful on her. But not for this event.

This event is a bummer.

• manja May 3, 2012 at 14:11 #

+1 on all counts

4. bm May 3, 2012 at 13:25 #

I think, Ni Ni did more justice to this dress than Natalie. In fact, she is my best dressed from this event.

5. Jess2 May 3, 2012 at 13:46 #

It is a tad weird that Wang and Zhou’s dresses have both been worn so recently, as you said FC considering the huge number of amazing Lanvin pieces this is kind of a let down.

For once I don’t mind Fan’s shoes because imo they aren’t sticking out and really noticeable, they kind of work in with the whole look.

The gown does feel out of place but I think Ni Ni looks stunning.

6. robbie May 3, 2012 at 15:38 #

they all look good except for fan she really tries way too hard and fails miserably.

7. Christine May 3, 2012 at 17:13 #

Terrible choices on all parts.

8. Hannah May 3, 2012 at 17:43 #

I find it strange to be so disappointed by an entirely Lanvin event. Also, Fan, I love you and your quirks, but when you push it so far, it’s awful. Truly awful.

9. Yeliz May 3, 2012 at 18:04 #

FC it came to my mind when you said who would wear a full-on strapless gown to a runway show about Ni Ni’s gown. We have a tv show where every week 5 contenders come together and each day one of them has 3 hours to shop for the given concept. They have to buy their clothes, accessories and go to the hairdresser for their hair and make-up. They get a budget from the show and they can’t get over the limit. Every Friday they give each other points and Cengiz Abazoglu is also involveda and gives them points too. The person who has the most points gets money.
    Anyway, a couple of weeks ago the concept was fashion week and I thought they will certainly all chose nice things for sitting at the imaginary front row. And what came out? They all bought floor length gowns and overdone them with bold accessories! I was so angry at them! And they girl who overdoned the most won that week.

Just wanted to share with you, when I realized that this happens not only on tv shows but also in reality.

As for the looks. It’s a huge shame that they all wore something which was worn before. Lanvin really has so many gorgeous designs. At least Fan could’ve worn something which wasn’t worn before.

10. CreoleLady May 3, 2012 at 18:42 #

Fan Bing Bing — wow. Normally, I pass on her, uh, quirkier looks. But she’s serving up all kinds of face and attitude here and I like it. Charlie Chaplin as diva. Work.

11. asherlev1 May 3, 2012 at 21:12 #

Ni Ni pulls that gown off so much better than Natalie Portman! When you compare the red carpet pics, they feel like two completely different gowns.

12. EmmaWoodhouse May 3, 2012 at 21:19 #

I find it kind of funny that they ALL won high-profile recently worn looks. Fan would have looked good in the suit but for the quirky hat. Wang didn’t really work that snake dress imo…and we’ve seen it three times now! At least Zhou didn’t wear a silly gold headpiece, but this dress is too cutesy for her. Ni Ni looks great–if too formal–but I preferred Natalie’s version.

13. sherly May 3, 2012 at 21:56 #

love Ni Ni’s dress!

14. Emi May 4, 2012 at 16:40 #

fan Bing Bing looks so cute, but she wore too much accessories, in my opinion. Ni Ni looks gorgeous, but the dress is a bit too much for the occasion, maybe.