16.04.12

‘My Valentine’ Premiere – Part 2

On Friday evening at the Stella McCartney boutique in LA, Paul McCartney hosted the premiere of ‘My Valentine’, which he directed, with his daughter Stella, who outfitted the guests on the night.

Here are the rest of the looks which didn’t make the best dressed list.

Kristen Stewart: On Friday evening I usually check out from the internet, but a comment that I saw on my Blackberry told me that Kristen Stewart would be on the Best Dressed list next week. So I broke my ‘no internet on Friday night’ rule to check out this amazing look. I was gob-smacked by the bedraggled mess that I was faced with. Firstly she clearly doesn’t want to be there (which is an instant turn off); secondly, her roots need a touch up; and thirdly, the look was much better on the runway with the blue blazer. Why her stylist opted for a black blazer will forever remain a mystery. I’m not a fan of those Stella McCartney loafers and the attempt to add some life to this part schoolgirl, part schoolboy look via the red lip colour fails miserably. I’m shocked at how this could be considered BDOTW worthy, especially following Coco Rocha.

Rumer Willis: One person had to pick a diamond-print dress with thick embroidery from Stella McCartney Spring 2012 and that person was Rumer. She dared to go where nearly everyone else had failed by trying to make these dresses work on the red carpet. Not only did she fail, she also added insult to injury by wearing the floor-length dress with a black shawl. For the intriguing yellow footwear she gets a 2 out of 10.

Ginnifer Goodwin: It really hurts to put Ginnifer on this list of looks I didn’t like on the night. Usually she’s the one person who I can rely on to bring her impeccable style to the red carpet, but the dress and the styling really let her down. Her Fall 2012 bi-colour long-sleeved dress with contrasting collar and cuffs is doing nothing for her. The tan double-loop belt, black faux-leather pumps and blue faux-croc clutch indicate that she possibly got dressed in the dark.

Zooey Deschanel: The actress is one of my other favourites who I rely on to bring whimsical, quirky looks to the red carpet, but like Ginnifer she failed me in this Stella McCartney Pre-Fall 2012 strapless dress. This black-and-white printed dress with a large satin bow sits dangerously low and appears to be seconds away from a wardrobe malfunction. The girly look was completed with her trademark styling: black tights, black pumps, red lips and a half-up, half-down hairstyle with loose bangs. Normally I can forgive the tights, but the make no sense with this look when she’s so bare up top.

Credit: Getty

Zoe Saldana In Prabal Gurung - Vogue and MAC Cosmetics Dinner Party

Zoe Saldana In Prabal Gurung – Vogue and MAC Cosmetics Dinner Party

Diane Kruger @ Coachella Music Festival

Diane Kruger @ Coachella Music Festival

51 Responses to ‘My Valentine’ Premiere – Part 2

1. Amy G April 16, 2012 at 10:38 #

Oh dear, they are all terrible. Very much looking forward to your Coachella coverage FC!! xx

2. Zineb April 16, 2012 at 10:38 #

My eyes have been abused by this fashion massacre.

• Alina April 16, 2012 at 11:17 #

• Emma April 16, 2012 at 11:52 #

• Emily April 16, 2012 at 12:55 #

+2 here…

• CreoleLady April 16, 2012 at 14:02 #

Agree! Ick.

• mm April 16, 2012 at 16:06 #

LOL! I agree too

3. Mick April 16, 2012 at 10:40 #

Oh wow, I must say I didn’t even like the outfits from your previous post for this event (I’m not the biggest fan of Stella McCartney’s creations actually), but those are beyond bad!

4. Bec April 16, 2012 at 10:40 #

Why Rumer? Why?!

5. Jacqu April 16, 2012 at 10:42 #

FC, I have to ask, how can you tell that her roots need a touch up? honestly curious, because from my monitor, it all looks the same to me.

Goodwin is the most disappointing for me, I always expect so much from her. And Ugh! I think if Deschannel just hiked up that dress to where it’s supposed to sit, then maybe I’dve liked the look

• T from sydney April 16, 2012 at 11:56 #

if you look in HQ pics you see her natural hair colour coming out. her black hair was for snow white.

personally i prefer her natural brown hair colour her her strawberry blond she did for “On the Road”, the black is too harsh on her.

• Fashion Critic April 16, 2012 at 13:54 #

Thank you. I’m glad you are seeing what I’m seeing. It is clearly noticeable

• Jacqu April 16, 2012 at 14:29 #

Ooh, I see, please don’t call me an idiot, but how can you look at the HQ pics? :)

• Fashion Critic April 16, 2012 at 14:51 #

I would never call any of my readers an idiot.

• Jacqu April 16, 2012 at 17:13 #

I feel like I am, lol, a minute after posting that I figured it out. D’oh moment

• T from Sydney April 16, 2012 at 15:25 #

eyeprime.net have lot of hq pics but I generally just google it

• Niki April 16, 2012 at 13:35 #

I second the Kristen Stewart hair comment. I have seen other photos of her at this event, and her roots are done. Her hair looks like it was styled to be messy on for once, as opposed to just plain old messy. There are also many photos of her smiling. I don’t know why people find a photo of someone not smiling and decide they are miserable. Please don’t jump on that bandwagon FC, you are usually so unbiased! Am I a fan of her outfit? No. The shoes are just awful and the skirt looks odd for some reason, not sure why, but I like her make-up.

• Fashion Critic April 16, 2012 at 13:48 #

Niki, please don’t patronise me. I’m entitled to my opinion as are you.

I say things as I see it. I always have. It only becomes an issue when I’m talking about Kristen Stewart and frankly it is becoming really tiresome.

If I say something nice about her; I’m a fan appeasing her fan base, if I don’t like a look I’m jumping on a bandwagon as you have put it.

Why is it possible for me just to like or dislike a look on a look by look basis?

Honestly enough is enough when it comes to this girl.

• Niki April 21, 2012 at 15:30 #

Dude, sorry. I wasn’t trying to patronise or be rude or anything I was just saying there were many photos of her smiling at this event and you chose to pick out one where she looks grumpy.
          I like Kristen Stewart and she does look less than pleased at some events, but she wasn’t at this one. That’s all.
          Sorry again if I offended you! I feel really awful! I am a huge fan of this blog. I just get sick of people saying people are miserable or pissed off or are getting a divorce or are anorexic or pregnant or are a mutant-robot-alien because of a couple of bad photos! And I love that you are so diplomatic with everyone. And that you don’t kiss the ground someone walks on just because they are famous or cool or suppposedly fashionable.
          And I was wrong about the roots! They were in fact not done, as you said. I must have been looking at dodge photo (what a coincidence…).
          Sorry.

• Niki April 21, 2012 at 15:36 #

Also, I didn’t like her look either at this event. The make-up was nice, but the shoes were very ugly and the rest of the outfit looked odd.
            Sorry. Again.

• Fashion Critic April 21, 2012 at 15:50 #

Hi Niki,

thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Best Catherine

• Emma April 16, 2012 at 17:13 #

I like Kristen, but I’ll be the first to call her out if she was looking “miserable” at an event. The ONLY thing that helped this look for me was all the pictures of her smiling/enjoying herself on the rc.

6. Francy April 16, 2012 at 10:47 #

My eyes hurt. It’s hard to pick the worst, but I’d probably go with Rumer’s terrible outfit and Kristen’s hair

7. manja April 16, 2012 at 10:48 #

OMG I thought the first post was bad,but now they seem like very good dressed bunch compered to these ones.can’t decide who’s worst dressed here,but poss Rumer and Zooey,but all are strong contenders.To me this is one of the worst dressed events.

8. Nat April 16, 2012 at 10:58 #

Boy, what a bunch of terrible looks.

I’m unsure on which look is the worst…I think I would eventually go with Kristen, as her attitude manages to top even the ridiculousness of Rumer’s yellow shoes.

I always find Zooey Deschanel adorable, but this dress is so not her. I don’t think that Stella’s stuff suits her style.

9. Kaz April 16, 2012 at 11:16 #

Holy hot mess!

10. T from Sydney April 16, 2012 at 11:33 #

part 2 should we called the worst dress list.

i usually love KStew but when i saw this i could not love it. she needs a new stylist.

Rumer is the worst out of everyone

11. AnnaP April 16, 2012 at 11:50 #

I’m sorry – Stella McCartney has to be the worst designer in the world at the moment. I don’t think anyone could pull off her “looks” so I don’t blame these people. The only one who looked decent was Gwen Stefani – even the ones in your best dressed list looked dreadful IMO. Why do celebs wear Stella – I really would love to know?

• J (budgetfashionfinds.blogspot.com) April 16, 2012 at 15:10 #

Agree. I’ve been sorely disappointed with McCartney. I normally like Zooey’s looks, but she looks tragic here. Kristen’s look could have been saved with some better shoes and combed hair. I give her points for not wearing a micro-mini. There’s no helping the dress Rumor is wearing no matter who you are. Ginnifer’s is the only remotely decent one in this set of pictures.

12. robbie April 16, 2012 at 11:53 #

my eyes are bleeding looking at this trainwreck. ginnifer looks alright though.

13. Joy April 16, 2012 at 11:59 #

I really really really hate Rumer’s Stella dress that seems like it won’t go away. Make it go away! I’m so tired of seeing this dress. I barely liked it on Gwyneth.

14. fashiongame April 16, 2012 at 12:06 #

The more i see pictures of kristen outfit the more i like it, my problem is with the shoe and hair. A ponytail could have work with ballet flat. That said i’m glad she is changin up her style. As for rumer no and no, the rest not my cup of tea.

15. CTgirl April 16, 2012 at 12:27 #

This is a sartorial slaughter. KS looks like a refugee from the movie “Heathers”. The garish makeup and bedraggled hair are atrocious. As are the pieces of the outfit and their awful fit. Someone needs to tell Rumer (and Stella) that wearing a different pattern, especially patterns that differ in size on each breast, is a fashion don’t that most women instinctively know. And please quite trying to make that dress, and its many mutations, work on the red carpet. That collection should be banned it’s so awful. Ginnifer looks so sad and droopy in that washed out dress. She’s this tiny person who is just swallowed by that housedress. And poor Zooey. This dress is a downer and is taking her chest with it. So sad . . .

16. Juliana April 16, 2012 at 12:53 #

At first, I hadn’t read the text and all I saw was a messy girl that I thought was someone new looking incredibly like an ill-polished, terrible-looking Sophia Bush.

Messy mess!

17. Stephanie April 16, 2012 at 13:37 #

Rumer is by far the worse dressed for me… Every part of her look is horrible. Kristen Stewart isn’t horrible for me, just not good. She looks unhappy, but she usually does to me. I actually think she looks prettier than normal in the face. Hair doesn’t look bad to me. Didn’t realize it was her until I read the description.

• Stephanie April 16, 2012 at 14:21 #

I can see now what FC means about the roots, I originally thought it was just more of a glare or lighting. Though her hair style itself looks better than normal :-)

• CTgirl April 16, 2012 at 15:57 #

Agree on the roots. I’m also thinking that it’s time for KS to get rid of the extensions. There may be some traction alopecia occurring (you can see it in other photos, especially with her hair in a ponytail). I knew a family of girls with alopecia and wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

18. Christine April 16, 2012 at 14:05 #

A hot MESS

19. Hannah April 16, 2012 at 14:08 #

This is an awful collection of looks. Blake Lively’s Westwood oversized shirt and sequin skirt debacle would have been teh best dressed on this page. Kristen is easily my least favourite, just there are no words for how bad her hair & outfit are, but at least I xpected it form her, nto being a fan of her style, to put it mildly. Ginnifer, on the other hand, is bitterly sad. In my Ginnifer loving mind, she was forced to wear this nightshirt of a dress and therefore tried ot liven it up with accessories.

20. Emmeline April 16, 2012 at 14:50 #

If I see anymore of that SS12 collection on the red carpet I think I might cry. I will never understand how those hideous dresses have been worn by SO many people.

And I hate, hate, hate that big bow on Zooey’s dress. All I want to do is reach through my monitor and rip it off of her.

21. Carolina Roq April 16, 2012 at 15:14 #

I love Zooey but she is almost top naked lol.

22. Riley April 16, 2012 at 15:22 #

When I first saw the pictures of KStew when they first came out, I thought she put together the look herself. She does have moments of brilliance, and this isn’t one of them. That’s all I have to say about Kristen’s look. Move on!

Ginnifer is usually my sweetie pie qutiee, but here she just isn’t up to par with her set standard of excellence.

Zoe is not either. Next!

Rumer- how does she get invited to these events? She looks awful as usual. The Stella McCartney Spring 2012 collection needs to me retired permanently. It was an awful collection.

23. Jess2 April 16, 2012 at 15:34 #

O..M..G!! This post hurts my eyes! I think my heart literally sank when I say Ginnifer and Rumer needs to go to bad fashion rehab! I like Zooey’s hair and makeup, gorgeous as always and I like Ginnifer’s clutch on its own but that is about it I’m afraid. If only it was possible to un-see something hehe

24. Jill April 16, 2012 at 15:40 #

this is brutal. but of all four Kristen actually looks best. I really hate Stella McCartney now.

• EmmaWoodhouse April 16, 2012 at 19:33 #

Yes, I actually agree. I don’t like her hair, shoes, or attitude but I think the outfit is kind of cute, in fact. I have a soft spot for her on the RC but she needs a better pose/attitude and better hair to make things work. Zooey is horrendous–her dress reminds me of that dress Sandra Oh wore to the SAG’s a while ago. I want to like Ginnifer’s look but something about it isn’t working for me. It might be the color, or the sheerness over the dark lining. And Rumer…oh, Rumer. She is climbing up my WDOTY list FAST! This is the SC collection personified, and why people keep wearing it I don’t know!

25. lee April 16, 2012 at 16:47 #

someone told you kristen was a contender for best dressed?!? lolol FC, you got april fooled :(

26. Emma April 16, 2012 at 17:08 #

I’m not a fan of kristen’s look, but it’s not the worst (sorry Rumer). I will say thet there are more pictures, of her smiling than not….

27. Yeliz April 16, 2012 at 17:44 #

FC you’re right there is always drama on a post where Kristen is included.
    I want to keep this fashion related but I just have to say that there are many pics where she is actually smiling. Anyway, although I’m one of her biggest fans, I can say that this is one of her worst looks. But I think she didn’t decide anything about this look because she is not even wearing her trademark rings. And those shoes, I don’t know what her stylist thought when chosing them.

Rumer is the worst dressed of this event.

I really like Ginnifer’s fashion choices too but this look isn’t exciting.

And Zooey is a mess too.

28. Jessica April 16, 2012 at 21:52 #

Kristen Stewart is a mess.

29. Dhppy April 17, 2012 at 00:00 #

I love that Z Deschanel came equipped with her own black bar, as if she knew it was NSF… Fashion. If only Rumor went all the way and completely covered herself with the shawl, the night would have improved significantly.

30. Ayesha April 17, 2012 at 05:11 #

what an UTTER mess!!! i can’t remember seeing more terrible looks together,specially kristen and rumer willis…it was a bit of relief though to see gwen stefani and jayma mays looking so good in your other post.