Katy Perry In Balmain – Maison Du Caviar Party

The thing about Zoe Saldana is she makes Balmain look so easy to wear.

Just last weekend she donned a sexy frock from the Spring 2012 collection, and despite the overtly sexy nature of the dress, she still looked classy.

Can the same be said for Katy Perry?

She wore a gold-beaded plunging Balmain Spring 2012 dress to the Maison Du Caviar party in Paris yesterday evening.

I have two problems with this look: the hair and the boobage.

The hair is an ongoing issue as it doesn’t work with everything…case-in-point.

The boobage is too much for this sexy dress. The pin which has shortened the plunge looks like it is about to give way at any moment.

It’s a no from me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nina Ricci Fall 2012

Nina Ricci Fall 2012

Ginnifer Goodwin's Roksanda Ilincic Margot Lantern-Sleeve Wool-Crepe Dress

Ginnifer Goodwin’s Roksanda Ilincic Margot Lantern-Sleeve Wool-Crepe Dress

38 Responses to Katy Perry In Balmain – Maison Du Caviar Party

1. Carol Aranha March 2, 2012 at 20:51 #

Beautiful dress, but I don’t like that blue hair…

2. Shaina March 2, 2012 at 20:53 #

Completely agree. She looks top heavy and the blue hair cheapens the look.

3. Nat39 March 2, 2012 at 20:59 #

Cheap, trashy, with both the boobs and the thighs put on display teamed with the blue hair, reads hooker. Does she really need to attract attention to herself in such a desperate way… first the visible granny panties, now this.

• EmmaWoodhouse March 3, 2012 at 03:04 #

I have to agree. This is a terrible look…as was the one before, as was the one before that…Sad.

4. robbie March 2, 2012 at 21:06 #

trashy.

5. Rebecca Z March 2, 2012 at 21:08 #

The dress looks like it is a size too small. Unfortunately lacking in taste all together.

6. ami March 2, 2012 at 21:15 #

Her body type can’t wear this dress :(

• SilentVisitor March 4, 2012 at 00:10 #

7. dee March 2, 2012 at 21:16 #

I think since Katy is so curvy if she wears something this body conscious she verges on looking trashy. She doesn’t need anything too plunging or too short to look sexy with her hourglass shape. I am not fan of Balmain anyway so this is not working for me.

8. Carolina Roq March 2, 2012 at 21:29 #

Katy Perry is a beautiful sexy woman. Zoe is not sexy at all.

• Fashion Critic March 2, 2012 at 21:55 #

There is no deny that she isn’t a beautiful women, but this dress is not for her.

• Juliana March 2, 2012 at 22:21 #

Yeah, it is easy to say a dress easily fits a woman that looks like a mantis insect and has the most awkward smile in the world, like Zoe Saldana.
      In real life, deep cleavage is used by women with curves, or else it just looks like a teenage boy.
      I think some people have a personal issue with Katy (as I do with Zoe). If this dress was on Jennifer Lopez, many of you would have loved, because when she’s not showing sexyness seems like her “it factor” is gone.
      You don’t dislike the dress, you dislike the woman inside it.

• Rosie March 2, 2012 at 22:57 #

I just have to say this because people are starting to take it personally.

I love Katy Perry, I really do as I’m sure others here do too but this dress does NOT look good on her! Yes she’s gorgeous and has a great body but this dress does nothing for her, its way too tight and it looks about 2 sizes too small. I don’t care if J-Lo had worn this either because I would say the same thing, it also wouldn’t suit her.

It looks best on someone who’s lithe and without a big bust because that’s clearly the body type the dress was designed for, not my choice but its obviously what the designer had in mind.

It’s silly to accuse FC of not liking Katy for personal reasons, she’s always truthful about what she does and doesn’t like and even when someone she adores looks bad, she says it!

• Fashion Critic March 3, 2012 at 09:56 #

Thanks Rosie. I’m happy they you get what I’m doing. Right now, that is all that matters

• SV March 3, 2012 at 02:13 #

Fanatism at its best………. when you criticize, you are automatically categorized as a hater……..

• Fashion Critic March 3, 2012 at 09:50 #

I don’t understand this logic either. It’s like saying you don’t have a brain and you can’t separate an ill-fitting dress from the person.

It continues to baffle me.

• Yinka March 3, 2012 at 06:28 #

Naah, I disagree Juliana. Of course no one is 100% objective in making these comments but bottom-line, she doesn’t look good in this dress. She just needs to find what fits her body type. For example, JLo seems to have this gift for choosing the right clothes for her curvy body while for someone like Salma Hayek, it seems to be more miss than hit. Of course it’s easier for J Lo because she’s smaller on top than Salma or Katy and we know that most designers make clothes for skinny flat-chested girls and not the average woman.

• Ade March 3, 2012 at 14:17 #

Girl you give us too much credit.

9. Leo March 2, 2012 at 21:45 #

She’s going to explode out of that dress. Katy’s always taking the trip back to Tackyville!

10. Rosie March 2, 2012 at 21:52 #

I also thought she was too busty for this dress soon after I saw a picture. She’s got a big bust, a lot of curves and BLUE hair so there was no hope for her looking good in this beautiful dress.

FC you’re right, it needs someone like Zoe Saldana who is obviously very lithe and effortless to pull it off.

It’s a no from me too!

11. Ginger March 2, 2012 at 22:05 #

Her vavoom is going kaboom! It’s a bit much, which is too bad, because I love Katy and I looooovvvve that dress. Also love: the blue hair. I know, I know.

12. justme March 2, 2012 at 22:20 #

As someone who’s also quite busty, I had to learn at an early age that it’s hard out here for us lol.
    All jokes aside, it’s unfair but only flat chested women can get away with such a dress.

• Rebecca Z March 2, 2012 at 23:29 #

No arguing with you at all, justme, but it isn’t really unfair–it is just the way it is. Flat chested women can’t fill out a lovely bodice the way you do, either.

• Jess2 March 3, 2012 at 02:37 #

I am exactly the same and agree completely, I just don’t think the Balmain collection accomodates for women like Katy.

13. tiffany nicole March 2, 2012 at 23:07 #

a H*LL no!

14. Hannah March 2, 2012 at 23:08 #

Have you heard her comments about this dress, ‘It’s either Vegas hooker or Balmain’.
    The thing is she is cute and pretty, not chic (or at least has yet to prove she is) so trying to wear fashionable looks will not work.

15. mattison March 2, 2012 at 23:58 #

I would like this a lot better if the plunge was sewn instead of pinned- it almost seems as if she was gonna wear it regardless, but decided against a nip slip at the last minute and grabbed the first safety pin she saw laying around. That being said, I don’t think she looks terrible even despite the distracting hair- Katy is one of those people I’ve come to expect looking like a Vegas showgirl at all times.

16. barefoot duchess March 3, 2012 at 00:12 #

no no no!! what’s that thing with the squeezed breasts??? no!

17. Jones19 March 3, 2012 at 00:48 #

Balmain designs just don’t suit Katy’s body.

18. Fiona March 3, 2012 at 01:39 #

Definite no no.

19. Chloe March 3, 2012 at 02:22 #

I disagree. Zoe Saldana is painfully thin, and it’s nice to see someone with a normal body shape wearing Balmain. I’d rather see a bit of cleavage than a rib cage.

20. Jess2 March 3, 2012 at 02:39 #

I love this dress and had the neckline been different this would have been a great look. I’m more focused on her face though, she looks so sad :(

21. Alina March 3, 2012 at 08:05 #

Tacky.

22. Emi March 3, 2012 at 08:29 #

A big no, I would say.

23. Chantell March 3, 2012 at 17:12 #

hey everybody! I think Katy looks good but I have to agree that the dress is too small, otherwise I like it, also she should’ve worn her hair back…I think that if you are gonna rock blue hair, you have to incorporate that into your wardrobe somehow…you don’t have to wear all blue all the time but I think y’all know what I mean…

24. Caro March 3, 2012 at 17:45 #

Well, at least she’s not showing her underpants.

25. elle_gb March 4, 2012 at 03:08 #

She tried too hard and it didn’t look good at all.

26. Amanda March 5, 2012 at 17:00 #

Ugh, big Katy fan but this is terrible! Who put her in this? I love Balmain so much and this makes me sad.