28.02.12

Venus & Serena Williams In Christiane King – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

It looks like Maria Sharapova wasn’t the only tennis pro to hit the red carpet at the 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party, as the Williams sisters were also in attendance.

Both sisters wore gowns designed by Christiane King.

The vibrant hues not only complement their skin-tone but their bubbly personalities.

Both ladies are flawless, but I would’ve picked Venus’ two-tone one shoulder dress over Serena’s stunning, yet restrictive, mustard mermaid dress.

Venus accessorized with a Konstantin Kakanias blush suede sunflower evening bag from the Atelier Swarovski Spring 2012 collection, whilst Serena opted for emerald green and gold statement jewels.

Which look do you favour?

Credit: Getty

Ginnifer Goodwin In Peter Som – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Ginnifer Goodwin In Peter Som – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Petra Nemcova In Stéphane Rolland Couture - TWC Oscar After Party

Petra Nemcova In Stéphane Rolland Couture – TWC Oscar After Party

48 Responses to Venus & Serena Williams In Christiane King – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. EmmaWoodhouse February 28, 2012 at 01:12 #

Venus’s dress–despite the fact that she’s sticking her leg through the slit–is much more flattering. Serena’s is so tight it’s downright tacky. Can’t be comfortable either.
    I’m not really impressed with either.

• SilentVisitor February 28, 2012 at 03:41 #

Agree with you. I actually do love Venus’ dress. How can Serena walk in such a tight dress?? The shape Serena’s dress does not flatter her figure.

• Kennedy February 28, 2012 at 19:29 #

p.s. I love your comments EmmaWoodhouse. We tend to think alike ;)

2. Bec February 28, 2012 at 01:15 #

:-O Booty! haha :)

Love both dresses, but Venus’ is more my style.

3. molly February 28, 2012 at 01:15 #

Whoever told Serena that her dress looked good needs to have their eyes checked. There is so much wrong with this, I dont know where to begin. I have never seen such an unflattering gown. This is just horrid.
    Venus doesnt look much better.

• dee February 28, 2012 at 03:01 #

I completely agree. This dress is not doing her figure any favors. This looks terrible on her. Her sister is slightly better.

• Luiza February 28, 2012 at 03:28 #

• Sophie February 28, 2012 at 12:55 #

+1!

• manja February 28, 2012 at 13:41 #

agree with you,and have to add Serena looks like a rugby player in this,and that’s not good for a woman

• Caro February 28, 2012 at 21:55 #

Agree, agree, agree

4. juliana February 28, 2012 at 01:17 #

really had so many celebrities in celebration of Vanity Fair and Elton John. Ashley Tisdale, Alessandra Ambrosio, Brooklyn Decker, Karolina Kurkova and more. And many of these people enjoyed the two parties.

5. Talita February 28, 2012 at 01:47 #

Flawless, really? That mermaid dress is not suited for her body type. Her booty looks gigantic. Agree with Emma it’s too tacky. A big no no.

6. Anj February 28, 2012 at 02:08 #

Wow, I feel like it’s not even enough to say Serena’s dress was the worst of the night because it might even be the worst of the year. It is seriously, seriously unflattering.

7. Eve February 28, 2012 at 02:16 #

Did Serena looked in the mirror when she tried the dress on? I don’t think there is anything good or flattering about the dress, except for the color maybe (but it’s still not the best shade for her).

8. Lynn February 28, 2012 at 02:49 #

This is the best that I have seen both of them look.
    Their hair is actually in order and looking flawless. Usually their hair is a mess and the weave tacky looking. The dresses also show their attempt to pull together an elegant look, so I was pleased to see the effort put forth. Some of their past outfits have been horrible, so this is a marked improvement for sure. It interesting that JLo and others are praised for their form fitting outfits, while Serena is ridiculed. Hum…

• anemone February 28, 2012 at 11:40 #

that may be because she looks ridiculous …

• Tania February 28, 2012 at 17:20 #

I agree with you FC they both look flawless. Serena has a athletic body. I can’t see how the dress is unflattering. I can’t see any fat just muscle. Agree with your hair and JLo comment Lynn. Hmmm…..indeed!

• Letícia February 28, 2012 at 18:58 #

I think there’s a difference between form fitting and 2 sizes too small. I can’t imagine how she even managed to walk in this dress when it’s so tight around her knees, and I’m sure she never sat down.

9. B February 28, 2012 at 03:40 #

Wow. That yellow gown is horrid.

10. Carolina February 28, 2012 at 03:52 #

I can’t say I like either dress. Neither flatters their wearer, and the yellow dress is particularly ill-fitted.

11. Gail February 28, 2012 at 04:14 #

While i applaud Serena for wanting to show off her sexy side, I must say, the execution of this ensemble is all wrong. This style of dress is not flattering to her body type. And, maybe it’s just me, but the dress appears to be ill-fitted between the breast and waist area, like it’s a box cut? IDK.

12. Tina February 28, 2012 at 04:58 #

I’m sorry but Serena’s dress is atrocious! It does NOTHING for her figure and the colour makes her look like an elongated lemon. I just can’t get pass why anyone would like this.

13. mandy February 28, 2012 at 05:13 #

Oh no. The color and the fitting is absolutely againtst Serena’s skin tone and body shape. This is a disaster. She can do so much better.

14. Raquel February 28, 2012 at 05:32 #

I think Serena’s dress would have looked great without the mermaid part. Venus always dress better and it is a gorgeous piece.

15. Rebecca Z February 28, 2012 at 06:05 #

Venus looks great, Serena, not so much

16. Sophie February 28, 2012 at 06:45 #

Venus looks nice. Serena just looks wrong – i have to agree this dress is horrid and does not flatter her in anyway….

17. Alicat February 28, 2012 at 06:46 #

Venus’ dress is not to my taste, but it fits well and the vibrant colours suit her. Now that I have been positive, it is time to turn my attention to Serena. The dress is hideous on her. It fits badly at the bust, is way too tight everywhere else and is unflattering to her body shape. That rear view is not pretty…

18. Nicky February 28, 2012 at 07:43 #

Serena’s dress is beyond unflattering…I am so surprised by FC’s approval of this…

19. Harriet February 28, 2012 at 08:07 #

Serenas dress looks so tight she couldn’t pull it up properly, so it looks very ill-fitting around the top. The colour is good but apart from that, the whole thing is frightening. Venus looks amazing.

20. Emmy February 28, 2012 at 09:00 #

Serena’s dress is extremely unflattering.

21. Emi February 28, 2012 at 09:26 #

I prefer Venus’s dress is better, even if I don’t like her shoes. Sorry but Serena looks terrible and tacky, she doesn’t have the body to pull off this kind of dresses, but I think that the dress is very very ugly and looks cheap.

22. Nat February 28, 2012 at 09:29 #

I really like Venus’ look…If you look at the other pic of her, that FC posted in the Best Dressed pool, you’ll see how flattering it was on her and how great the colours against her skin-tone.

Serena, on the opposite…She does the hugging dress thing a bit too often, and in this case it’s not even flattering.

23. Zee February 28, 2012 at 09:53 #

I like what Venus wears, she looks really good. However, I don’t think this is a good look for Serena. it is very unflattering for her. Open back and mermaid skirt? A big no for Serena. Colour is fine otherwise.

24. Carolina Roq February 28, 2012 at 12:45 #

Serena looks like a wrestler.

25. Jones19 February 28, 2012 at 13:14 #

I hate to say this but when I look at Serena in this skintight yellow mermaid gown I can’t help but think of a tranny. Always dress for your body type people!

26. harris February 28, 2012 at 14:47 #

Serena’s is wrong on so many levels. ill fitting. not flattering. yuck

27. robbie February 28, 2012 at 15:31 #

both of them look terrible, and both dress look cheap.

28. k February 28, 2012 at 17:16 #

I love Venus’s dress best, but I think Serena’s, while a gorgeous gorgeous color on her, looks too tight.

29. chris February 28, 2012 at 17:47 #

Serena looks terrible, extremely vulgar… couldn’t just finnd anything worse than that but if i look at her attitude on the red carpet she seems proud to show her front and back…who has told her she was amazing?! it should not be allowed to go to the oscars dressed like that…

30. Johanna February 28, 2012 at 20:44 #

I actually think that Maria Sharapova looked better at the party so I was pretty chocked that FC didn’t like it, but between Venus and Serena, Venus looks so much better.

31. Tiffany Nicole February 28, 2012 at 21:09 #

Jeez, am I the only one who also thinks Serena looks great. I am assuming, most people being somewhat rational actors, she can actually walk. I don’t assume that just because the dress *looks* tight and restrictive that it is. She knew she’d be in it for a while. Looks smashing.

• michelle February 28, 2012 at 22:57 #

I agree. If someone with a contemporary model-esque figure wore Serena’s dress. I don’t think you would get accusations of them looking ‘vulgar’ as someone put it. I think they both look great.

32. CTgirl February 28, 2012 at 21:28 #

Both of these dresses look like they came from a discount store. Neither is flattering in any way. Shame of their stylists.

33. Jess2 February 29, 2012 at 05:37 #

I like Venus’s two tone dress, I love the combination of pink and purple and her bag is so cute too but I am really not a fan of Serena’s dress, I think it is awful and so unflattering! The close up photo of Serena is not too bad but the mermaid flare seems a bit too severe for her shape. It just looks so bad. Love her earrings and hair and makeup though.

34. ange February 29, 2012 at 09:31 #

I think Serena’s dress could easily win the prize of “worst dress ” of the year and that’s saying something since it’s only FEB!!!

35. Danielle March 1, 2012 at 07:39 #

Let me take a step back… Yes indeed, I find the front of Serena’s dress to be very unflattering. It has a “boxy” shape and I think the waist should have been pulled in. Having said that, what is vulgar about her gown? When did showing your back an issue?? And referring to Serena as “it”! Not cool @Chris.

• Letícia March 3, 2012 at 00:48 #

I think you read Chris’ comment wrong, he/she didn’t call Serena “it”!

36. Whisperwar March 7, 2012 at 12:39 #

I’m amazed no one’s talking abt that gigantic butt!