Melissa McCarthy In Marina Rinaldi – 2012 Oscars

‘Best Supporting Actress’ nominee Melissa McCarthy walked the red carpet in Hollywood this evening for the 2012 Oscars.

The breakout star of ‘Bridesmaids’ donned a Custom Marina Rinaldi dress.

The sienna rose silk chiffon goddess gown featured a pleated bodice attached to a hand-embroidered crystal collar and waist.

Brian Atwood and Melissa have been friends since high-school, so he custom-made her some ‘Wagner’ peep toe shoes with a personalized sole, encrusted with Swarovski crystals.

These lust-worthy heels were matched with a custom Brian Atwood Concy minaudiere, also encrusted with Swarovski crystals.

As if that wasn’t enough bling, Melissa accessorized with Chopard jewelry.

Credit: Getty

28 thoughts on “Melissa McCarthy In Marina Rinaldi – 2012 Oscars

1. Carla

I don’t think the Atwoods were about star power; she said on the red carpet they’ve known each other since high school. Sweet.

Nothing against Octavia (didn’t see her movie) but I was hoping Melissa would win (she was the best thing in Bridesmaids).

2. Jones19

I love that she went for such a light color, a bit of a departure for her. I’m so jealous that she is best friends with Brian Atwood and gets customized shoes from him!

3. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog)

Sadly awful! I think Melissa needs a sitdown with Tadashi Shoji. Everything she has worn this awards season has not worked well. She’s so adorable and likeable. I know this is a tough body, but there’s got to be something more flatterin out there for her.

1. Raquel

Tadashi did a fine job with Octavia, but Octavia is much smaller than Melissa and has a more proportional body, which gives Tadashi plenty room to work on. Melissa is really heavy, and that is not easy to dress.

I think she look appropriated, but I’m not impressed.

1. Shauni212

Just because someone is “really heavy” does not mean that they cannot create a flattering dress for her. This dress is just wrong and she is capable of looking better.

4. gurlygurl

What a lovely color. I like that she has not opted for black. Hair and make up is lovely. My only complaint is that the hem of the dress could have been neater but overall she looks great.

5. pipsqueak

I love the color of this gown and the bejeweled empire waist. Melissa is awesome! So happy for her nomination. She was terrific in a small TV show “Gilmore Girls” in the US. People just discovered her comedic talent now.

6. Shaina

Everything about this dress is bad. I cannot get over the awkward sleeves and the unflattering silhouette. Her hair is also very aging and the look is over accesorized.

7. doc

She could have done better. Being a plus-sized person, I can definitely understand the “take what you can get” philosophy of dress-picking. But, this is a CUSTOM look. To me that means they could have gone any direction they wanted and they still came up with something that feels only passable. I can’t believe somebody connected enough to personally know Brian Atwood couldn’t get a better dress than this.

8. Camille

I love the color on her. I thought her hair and makeup were lovely and best of all she looked like she felt beautiful and was having fun. Overall I thought this gown was too fussy/busy for her.
    The seams down the sides seem sloppy and not sure the gown is hemmed well. Let’s face it, there are definite design restrictions and limited choices when you are her size. The dress just needed to be simplified a bit for me and I would have liked it much better on her, but she looked happy and that’s worth a lot!

9. Colleen

This is terrible and completely unflattering. I haven’t liked any of her looks during awards season. I wish she would work with someone who knew how to dress her body type better, ala Octavia Spencer.

10. Deena

HORRID. I’ll say it again. HORRID. The colour is forgivable but the style is so mumsy. I have no idea how old this woman is but I’m sure shes not 85. Also, it looks like it came from the high street, not like the custom made gown its supposed to be. Poor effort from Marina Rinaldi.

11. Sharon

The dress isn’t one I would have picked for Melissa, but you can tell she feels beautiful in it and that’s all that counts.