Lea Michele In Atelier Versace – 2012 SAG Awards

I knew it. I knew Lea Michele would bring it on the red carpet at the 2012 SAG Awards.

The ‘Glee’ actress loves to stand out, so it’s no wonder she opted for this Atelier Versace Fall 2010 gown.

Her silk-chiffon pale grey one-shoulder gown with a full train and a thigh high split had my chin on the floor.

Yes she was hamming it up on the red carpet and over-posing at times, but wouldn’t you do the same in this stunning gown?

I know I would. The spirit of JLo would take over me, as it did Lea.

The only downside are those grey satin pumps.

If ever a gown needed silver strappy sandals, it was this one.

Credit: Versace.com & Getty

Kristen Wiig In Balenciaga - 2012 SAG Awards

Kristen Wiig In Balenciaga – 2012 SAG Awards

Zoe Saldana In Givenchy Couture - 2012 SAG Awards

Zoe Saldana In Givenchy Couture – 2012 SAG Awards

54 Comments

54 Responses to Lea Michele In Atelier Versace – 2012 SAG Awards

1. Jones19 January 30, 2012 at 01:59 #

In other pics you could see that her pumps were way too big for her feet, this seems to be happening a lot to her. Does she have abnormally small feet or something? Anyway love this Atelier Versace gown and she’s working the hell out of it.

• Alex January 30, 2012 at 02:32 #

I just noticed the shoes too in another photo! How uncomfortable she must be flopping around in big shoes.

2. yyc January 30, 2012 at 02:03 #

the hair is not good. if she wanted to look youthful, at least tie it up into a ponytail which can also be youthful AND not take attention away from the dress.

3. wow January 30, 2012 at 02:03 #

she looks great, loved the hair and the dress is gorgeous

4. Martin January 30, 2012 at 02:05 #

Kudos to Lea for singlehandedly brining desperate back. This whole contrived sexiness thing has really got to stop. Your dress has a split, we get it, and we can all see it without you need to taking massive strides on the red carpet and kick your leg out at every opportunity. If she were to let her leg show through naturally, rather than pulling at the split to ensure maximum exposure, I think that I may have liked this look a little more.

• Michelle January 30, 2012 at 03:46 #

I absolutely agree with you. I think that some of Lea’s outfits actually do work from head to toe but she always brings it down with her incessant overposing.

• AW January 30, 2012 at 04:06 #

I agree 100%

• rebecca o January 30, 2012 at 04:14 #

ITA!

• Vicky January 30, 2012 at 08:37 #

• MEME January 30, 2012 at 06:22 #

I totally agree. She tries WAY too hard on the red carpet.

• Alina January 30, 2012 at 13:46 #

You’re oh so right.

• Rahel January 30, 2012 at 16:06 #

I have also seen her pictures. But it’s still such a perfect dress. But yeah someone with class would have made it look way better.

• Joe January 30, 2012 at 18:11 #

BS what is wrong with wanting to give the photogs the shot they want. I think people are desperate to find fault with this girl. Lea her be, she isn’t hurting anyone.

5. Mol January 30, 2012 at 02:05 #

I love it, and the attitude (that I normally dislike) makes it stunning – bravo!

6. elaine2 January 30, 2012 at 02:07 #

There is nothing this woman could wear that I would find attractive, because I find her to be so repulsive in the personality department. Ugh. So glad I didn’t see her antics on the red carpet tonight.

• Hannah January 30, 2012 at 02:28 #

I agree completely, I just dislike her so much, and her desperation and her ego, that I really can never bring myself to like anything she wears.She poses ad pouts more than most beauty & drag queens combined, and out does herself every awards season in wearing attention grabbing clothes. what’s more is that objectively I don’t even like this look, maybe because she tries so hard it makes me think of her as beign really young, but someone older and with more grace needed to pull this off. This looks like a young girl dressing up in Versace’s wardrobe.

• elaine2 January 30, 2012 at 13:50 #

The dress does make her look a bit chubby…

I prefer this dress on the runway model with the really edgy white boots! Now that is a great look!

• Hannah January 30, 2012 at 14:46 #

Also, I think her pumps are Casadei.

7. Nat39 January 30, 2012 at 02:08 #

The hair is a bit distracting, would´ve preferred an updo to see the one-shoulder detail better, sexier sandals would´ve been nice but I don´t mind the pumps much, and she is really working it!

8. T from Sydney January 30, 2012 at 02:10 #

i LOVE this dress but Lea is just ugh. every picture her leg is sticking out. she even holds the dress open so you can see her leg.
    ive just never like Lea on the red carpet, i just find her too try hard.

i kinda wished her hair was in a up do so show off the one shoulder as well.
    terrible shoes as well.

• molly January 30, 2012 at 04:26 #

I agree with you. Stunning dress, but every time I see Leas face, I just want to go *smack*. I miss the girl she was a few years ago, before her head got so big.

• andrea January 30, 2012 at 16:33 #

Ugh, I cant stand Lea Michele at all. She tries way too hard, I cant wait for the Glee phenomena to fade away so she can fade with it.

9. CreoleLady January 30, 2012 at 02:11 #

Unfortunately, Lea does not have JLo’s tiny waist. Looks a little boxy through the middle. It’s an okay look, not quite living up to all of the effort she’s putting into it for me but ok.

• gurlygurl January 30, 2012 at 04:58 #

Agreed.. this look is not a great one for Lea because the proportions are all wrong. She is petite and needs to work with that… this works against her. The fitted drop waist blends into her hips creating that box like middle section. Her torso appears much longer than it is and even though the split is sky high it makes her legs look short. It is not enough to have great pins to wear a dress like this… you need to be statuesque and Lea is not that. This dress is for the likes of Miranda Kerr or Charlize Theron. To top it off the hair yet again throws off her proportions by making her head look abnormally large in comparison to her body. I don’t like the shoes either.

10. EmmaWoodhouse January 30, 2012 at 02:13 #

The slit is waaaayyy too high. It’s practically to her hip! As usual, I’m not impressed by Leah. Wrong shoe choice, trying too hard pose and pout…

11. maryam January 30, 2012 at 02:17 #

she looks beautiful, i actually luv her as well

12. stylequote January 30, 2012 at 02:26 #

sorry but she is too small to tower over this dress, it looks like a drape.
    she has no class and is not brabra’s stand in.
    next!

13. Shaina January 30, 2012 at 02:44 #

I actually think she looks great. I hate the shoe choice but everything else–with the exception of the boring hair–is fine.

14. Regina January 30, 2012 at 04:03 #

Everything but the shoes is flawless.

15. rebecca o January 30, 2012 at 04:21 #

Her desperation and try hard behavoiur overshadows everything, as usual. And she’s too short for the dress.

16. Linda January 30, 2012 at 04:27 #

I don’t like the colour and at first I thought it was a Herve Leger bandage dress variation. It’s really boring and I just don’t get the appeal.

17. argentina January 30, 2012 at 04:58 #

When I first saw her I loved the gown but when I saw her shoes I almost die. I rather her wouldnt wore any shoe instead of that pumps that totally kills the look. She and Amber are the worst from the glee girls, Naya looks really good, Jenna looks better than ever, Dianna awesome and Jayma really one of mi favs of the night.

18. Bea January 30, 2012 at 05:21 #

So much better than her Golden Globes look.

19. Tina January 30, 2012 at 05:41 #

Ugh. Her pose and hair! It’s a gorgeous dress but don’t really like her in it.

20. mattison January 30, 2012 at 07:18 #

Having never seen Glee or anything else with her in it, I’ve never understood the Lea Michele hate- I usually think she looks nice when I see her picture on this site and she doesn’t strike me as trying any harder than at least a dozen other celebs. Having said that, she looks fantastic here but I agree someone should send her a strappy sandal memo.

21. Andreea January 30, 2012 at 08:17 #

I’m not a fan of Lea,but this time i love everything : the dress,the shoes,the jewelery.Still she could have done something different with her hair,because it’s the only thing that doesn’t match with the rest.

22. goldfish January 30, 2012 at 08:25 #

actually the only i like about this is the shoes.. they are fab.
    i find the dress quite ill fitting around the tummy area..

23. Terry January 30, 2012 at 08:44 #

FYI: she wore Casadei pumps and her clutch was by Fendi.

24. Li January 30, 2012 at 09:27 #

The dress is gorgeous, the shoes are terrible and I really hope it wasn’t windy, or that Lea was wearing some decent underwear.

25. Jess2 January 30, 2012 at 11:00 #

Gorgeous dress and she looks beautiful. This is better than her Golden Globes look and I like her hair like this, the shoes however have got to go. She doesn’t do well in the shoe department a lot of the time. I am a huge fan of Lea, she is so talented but I am kind of getting over her red carpet appearances. She used to hit the nail on the head all the time like with her Oscar de la Renta looks but she has lost that spark and is over doing it.

26. SandTony January 30, 2012 at 12:15 #

Hate the outfit and I’m really not a fan of her. But the main question is: Why does Glee keep on getting nominations for these awards?

• Ala January 30, 2012 at 14:22 #

+20

• andrea January 30, 2012 at 16:40 #

+50, I’m ready for something new. When you have to constantly book celeb cameos to keep your show going it says a lot about the “talent” of the character ensemble.

27. Isa January 30, 2012 at 13:18 #

She was by far, apart from Busy and Kaley, the worst dressed. Just because she tries sooo hard that it doesn’t stick. The shoes are too big and don’t match and the dress doesn’t fit. I think she went right to Versace and asked for something big with a high split. But it isn’t for her….

28. Miss W January 30, 2012 at 13:45 #

The dress on the model is divine.. on Lea it just looks a bit.. meh…

Her posing and pouting is just so contrived. Her shoes look out of place…

29. robbie January 30, 2012 at 15:20 #

another desperate attempt to be sexy and fierce, which fails.

30. Penè January 30, 2012 at 17:42 #

I think she tries way too hard and she’s too rigid on the red carpet. There’s nothing better than effortless beauty

31. Carolina Roq January 30, 2012 at 20:26 #

I really don’t like her. She is always trying way too hard. And she makes too many faces.

32. Dhppy January 30, 2012 at 21:35 #

Love the gown, and once again it’s Jac who sells it! I don’t know where she was this couture season, but if I were a designer I’d put Jac front and center.

33. Leo January 31, 2012 at 01:41 #

Lea “tries too hard” Michele is not J.LO, but for the second time in a row she seems to think she is.

34. Paulo January 31, 2012 at 04:47 #

she’s so trying to be blake lively lately… the dresses, the sex appeal and stuff. please girl, don’t… you easily can compare her choices with blake’s, that’s sad!

35. Katie February 2, 2012 at 12:28 #

Im so not a fan of Lea , but she does look amazing what a dress am jealous!

36. cecily February 2, 2012 at 16:57 #

this would be lovely on blake lively or some glamazon… shorter girls, not so much.

37. Mishal September 6, 2013 at 02:23 #

I love her, and she looks stunning in that dress, but oh it would have been perfect with strappy heels and tamer hair.