Sofia Vergara In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 Producers Guild Awards

Sofia Vergara joined Angelina Jolie on the red carpet for the 2012 Producers Guild Awards, which were held at The Beverly Hills Hotel in California on Saturday.

The ‘Modern Family’ actress showed off her gorgeous figure wearing a Monique Lhuiller Pre-Fall 2011 dress.

Her purple-and-black ombre sequin cocktail dress is stunning on her…but nothing we haven’t seen before, and I’m sure we will see another variation of this type of dress again.

I would love to see her in a suit, a wrap dress or an ensemble like Tilda Swinton’s Golden Globes look, or anything else that doesn’t scream déjà vu.

I mean how many strapless dresses can one person wear back to back?

I will give her credit for sporting a new hairstyle with this simple ponytail.

Black peep-toe platform pumps and a gold bejewelled bracelet completed her look.

I would say her style is becoming stale, but I reached that point a long time ago.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Odeya Rush In Monique Lhuillier - 'Meet The Filmmakers' Event

Odeya Rush In Monique Lhuillier – ‘Meet The Filmmakers’ Event

Celebrities @ The Atelier Versace Spring 2012 Presentation

Celebrities @ The Atelier Versace Spring 2012 Presentation

16 Responses to Sofia Vergara In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 Producers Guild Awards

1. AW January 23, 2012 at 14:09 #

Stale is a good word. Obviously she’s very sexy and curvy but fabulous boob doesn’t distract from being boring. Also the shoes are too heavy and actually look cheap.

• artemis January 23, 2012 at 14:27 #

Agreed! The paradox is that when I see a beautiful woman always dressing in the same sexy, figure huging, glamorous and “confident” way It screems “INCECURITY” to me..Thats the reason I love Jessica Alba, Eva Mendes,Charlize Theron they just don’t feel the need to do that ;-)

2. Alice January 23, 2012 at 14:25 #

A SUIT???????
    It has absolutely nothing to do with her or her style!!!!
    Have you seen her walk? Talk? It would look hideous!!!!!
    TILDA SWINTON???

• Fashion Critic January 23, 2012 at 14:34 #

Yes a suit. To break up the monotony of deja vu dresses.

I didn’t say she should wear the exact look of Tilda Swinton, but just a similar look i.e. a jacket with a skirt.

And what does the way she walks and talks got to do with how she dresses?

• Alice January 23, 2012 at 17:06 #

I’m surprised you ask.
        The way a person talks and walks and behaves is part of her style. She is va va voom all the way, it would be very weird to see her in a suit, it’s not her.
        It would look forced.
        I don’t think she’s stuck in a formula. I think she always looks gorgeous and dresses according to what works for her.
        You did say a suit in the style of Tilda, which, I am sorry, has NOTHING to do with her style.
        Sofia is consistent, I like that. Jennifer Aniston is boring. Sofia is far from being anything remotely close to that.
        It’s not just looking good in pictures, it has to fit who you are.
        Sometimes I do think you get that wrong, I’m sorry.
        I really like your blog, you do a fantastic job and sorry if I was rude – I believe I was, and I apologize.
        I just think red carpets are VERY boring in general, and that’s why we urge to see something different and people taking more risks. But it doesn’t work if it’s not your scene. And it’s not Sofia’s.
        Best wishes.

3. CTgirl January 23, 2012 at 14:43 #

It looks like 135 lbs of Sofia in a 120 lb dress. I’m fearful of an avalanche of bosom occurring.

• Alina January 23, 2012 at 16:21 #

I agree with CTgirl.

4. Jones19 January 23, 2012 at 17:11 #

I wonder what kind of bra she wears with these strapless dresses, I can never find a bra that supports my chest well enough for those.

5. Vicky January 23, 2012 at 18:27 #

I know she wears the same kind of the all time but i think that is because is hard to find a dress that doesn’t make she look fat.

6. Andreea January 23, 2012 at 21:37 #

Ay,ay,ay ! Love the dress and the way it fits her.

7. Z January 24, 2012 at 00:06 #

Love the dress and her curves!

8. fer January 24, 2012 at 03:44 #

1- She is Colombian, latin culture es very different than american culture, more than what you guys could expect, comes from a latin
    2-Everything she wears would make her look sexy, and yes she likes this dresses beacuse stop from making he rlook fat

9. CreoleLady January 24, 2012 at 09:47 #

Terrible on the model and spectacular on Sofia. Unlike other formulaic celebs who stick largely to black, white or beige (Jennifer A, the Dragon Tattoo actress whose name escapes me, and Angelina J), Sofia’s color palette is diverse enough to keep my interest. And I am sympathetic to the probability that designer sample sizes won’t easily work as they are not designed for curves like hers, no matter that they are beautifully proportioned.

10. Joy Taylor January 24, 2012 at 14:17 #

I really like this dress, but it is BORING on her. I totally agree she only knows one style,how to sex it up. She seems very one dimensional, not multi-faceted the way I love fashion to be. I really would have loved this dress on someone else. Love the ombre.

11. EmmaWoodhouse January 25, 2012 at 02:10 #

For one thing, it’s stale. For another, it’s tacky.