16.01.12

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – 2012 Golden Globes

I must say I was very surprised by Angelina Jolie at the 2012 Golden Globe Awards this evening.

Yes I knew she was most likely going to be wearing Atelier Versace, but I had no idea it would be such a fashion forward look.

Many of you have complained that she tends to suck the very essence out of every one of her Atelier Versace looks, but I’m sure there are no such complaints on this occasion.

The white one shoulder gown with a folded red detail and gathered detail on the hip was teamed with white Versace shoes and a red Christian Louboutin ‘Pharaon’ clutch.

A simple bun and hot red lips completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Natalie Portman In Lanvin - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Natalie Portman In Lanvin – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Kate Winslet In Jenny Packham - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Kate Winslet In Jenny Packham – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

75 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – 2012 Golden Globes

1. The Dame January 16, 2012 at 02:14 #

Meh. She just always looks like a wax model of herself on the red carpet. Where did her fire go?

• morgan January 17, 2012 at 21:12 #

This is EXACTLY what I think every time I see her! I want to love her outfit but I can’t get past this wax version of her

2. Jones19 January 16, 2012 at 02:14 #

She`s in my top 3 of best looks of the night, such grace and elegance.

3. Ro January 16, 2012 at 02:15 #

Classy, sexy and I love the pops of red. My favorite look of the night!

4. EmmaWoodhouse January 16, 2012 at 02:16 #

Showstopping! The color combination, with the red pop on the lip, is very striking–red and white heels, perhaps? I love the draped detail on the hip :) Could have done without the slit…or a slit to the knee, but other than that, it’s a surprisingly strong and fashion-forward look for Angie!

5. The Dame January 16, 2012 at 02:16 #

PS: I do,however, love the peekaboo shoes. Less serious than her usual pumps and I like that she’s showing them off. Gives her wax figure some life and personality.

6. noo January 16, 2012 at 02:17 #

wooooooooooooo

that is literally how i went when i saw her! i never thought that we would see her working a gown like this ever again because she is a mother of six now and looking like this takes effort :D gladly she proved me wrong and this is STUNNING :D

7. Jazz January 16, 2012 at 02:20 #

WOW! when i saw her on the red carpet- i thought she looked so sleek but STUNNING. that red accent on the dress, with the red lips and clutch to match, showing off that to-die-for face and bod. best of the nite

8. Vidhya January 16, 2012 at 02:21 #

I dont like it.. the makeup is flawless though!

9. Shaina January 16, 2012 at 02:21 #

I’ll be the first to admit that when I first saw this look on the red carpet I was not excited. Seeing it online in these pictures defintely makes me change my mind. Beautiful! She looks amazing.

10. marina January 16, 2012 at 02:22 #

Am I reading right, FC? No comment about the color of her shoes? Either you are becoming a softie, or she really distracted you with this dress ;)
    I think she looks great and out of the styles she tends to wear. White suits her well, And the make up was flawless, love the matchiness of her look.

11. Redseouls January 16, 2012 at 02:22 #

I don’t know how I feel about this look on her. The fit is fine, but that red collar thing is bothering me for some reason.

12. AmongstTheStones January 16, 2012 at 02:23 #

I love the way she keep her back straight, but this lipstick makes her look older.

13. Hisadora January 16, 2012 at 02:23 #

I also was really surprised by her choice tonight.. I love it, it’s simple but modern! She looks fantastic as usual

14. gurlygurl January 16, 2012 at 02:25 #

NCREDIBLE! This is so unexpected & showstopping. The pops of red take it all to a new level.

15. Nat39 January 16, 2012 at 02:26 #

I believe that we are looking at the frontrunner and potential winner most likely of the Best Dressed title.

16. Raquel January 16, 2012 at 02:27 #

I don’t really think it is a fashion forward look, the dress in itself isn’t exactly a surprise or that different. It is nice to se Angelina wearing something other than black or nude, and the bold lips are divine on her, but that’s it. I hate that she chose to match the clutch to the neckline detail and to her lipstick, seems too matchy matchy. However, it is an elegant look, she looks polished and prettu,

• Talita January 17, 2012 at 01:07 #

I completely agree

17. Raquel January 16, 2012 at 02:28 #

Sorry, pretty.

18. ZH January 16, 2012 at 02:28 #

I am literally watching the golden globes and refreshing your website at the same time! Angelina looks stunning. Thanks for the posts, keep us updated!

19. Michele January 16, 2012 at 02:28 #

Stunning and unique. I’m tired of all the nude and pale dresses tonight. This is how it’s done.

20. NH January 16, 2012 at 02:29 #

finally I know what she is wearing!
    she looks stunning

I am watching golden globes while refreshing your site every 5 minutes and there is always a new article.
    FC your fast!!! thank you :D

21. Cristina January 16, 2012 at 02:30 #

Like the dress (or maybe I just like that its not a caftan?) but the clutch is too matchy. Would’ve preferred something sparkly.

22. TeaAtTwo January 16, 2012 at 02:30 #

FC, how you felt about her in the green Versace at last year’s award show is pretty much how I feel about her in this look. The flashes of red here are divine.

23. june January 16, 2012 at 02:34 #

i’ve thought that nearly all of angie’s looks for the past few years have been underwhelming and she gets a heap of praise for looks which are good but boring because angelina herself is so stunning she can wear practically anything and look good in it.

however, tonight? this is simple but effective statement dress. i love all of it and it’s a gorgeous, gorgeous dress on her (though angelina’s so ghostly pale in white a hint more of blush might have given her face a little more colour)

24. Erin January 16, 2012 at 02:47 #

Stunning. I think the look is flawless. She should wear bright lip colour more often.

25. Kelly January 16, 2012 at 02:51 #

I love this look.simple but focus on the detail is that “red”.

26. Eve_V January 16, 2012 at 02:51 #

As much as I am NOT a fan of Angelina or her style in particular, this one left me breathless. No, actually when I saw it, I said “Woooowww” and then held my breath for a few seconds. It seems so simple, yet it’s so elegant and mesmerizing. And perfectly color-coordinated. I honestly don’t know what color shoes she could’ve worn if not white. Red would be overkill in my opinion; and silver, gold, nude, black would destroy all color esthetic there is. I think this look just might booked itself a place in my BDOTY.

27. Sea January 16, 2012 at 03:04 #

I’m indeed very, very shocked by the dress, and my husband kept asking me what surprised me that much so I even showed him the photos (he’s never into fashion).

I love her in red, but I’m still absorbing the collar detail…

28. elaine2 January 16, 2012 at 03:05 #

This is my favorite of the evening. I also thought that Nicole Kidman looked exceptionally divine! But Angie’s ensemble was the best IMO. (Now those tatoos…..they are a bit distracting.)

29. Samantha January 16, 2012 at 03:39 #

One of my favorite dresses I’ve ever seen, to be honest. She looks out of this world.

30. Harrison January 16, 2012 at 03:40 #

I appericate that its not black and thats it fitted but its not working for me at all. It makes her hips look funy and distorts her whole body and that red flap looks like a last mintute thought… SO random

• mattison January 16, 2012 at 22:10 #

I agree. Someone on another blog compared the dress to an old-fashioned nurse uniform with that random red wedge and now it’s all I can think about. I was more impressed by her white blouse/leather skirt combo from the other day.

31. Rebecca Z January 16, 2012 at 04:23 #

Fabulous. Looks like Hollywood royalty.

32. allie January 16, 2012 at 04:28 #

chic

33. Dhppy January 16, 2012 at 04:28 #

I don’t know. I’m on the fence about this one.

34. marina January 16, 2012 at 04:49 #

There is a close up picture of her in profile with the red detail. It looks so beautiful, the cut is incredible, what couture is about.

35. Tahlia January 16, 2012 at 05:31 #

Easily my favourite for the night – I love the red elements of the look.

36. Diviya January 16, 2012 at 05:35 #

Stunning! Angie has been wearing sacks on red carpets for a long time – this one is a knockout.

37. Cheryl January 16, 2012 at 06:07 #

I don’t know. At first glance, I’m thinking, YES. Thank you, Angelina! COLOUR!!!

But then when you keep looking at the pictures, you start doubting the whole look. There’s something missing. Perhaps if she wasn’t carrying the clutch and was wearing red shoes to match the red detail on the top of the dress to act as a counterbalance. Or maybe the photos aren’t showing enough detail? If the back showed that something I was missing the first time round, then I’ll go all in and say I love it.

38. mol January 16, 2012 at 06:09 #

This might end up on my top ten for the year – it’s simple, it’s perfect, there is nothing about that I don’t like.

39. Jennifer January 16, 2012 at 06:17 #

Is she going to be in the next evil queen Disney movie ? Her tats are trash and her forehead needs to be hidden.

For her, white and red are pretty much a risky colorful chance.

40. Jennifer January 16, 2012 at 06:19 #

For her, white and red are pretty much a risky colorful chance.

• angie January 19, 2012 at 15:17 #

Hi Jennifer, still haven’t move on? I did not steal Brad from you.

Btw, You will never look this stunning ever in red carpet.

41. Sarah January 16, 2012 at 06:57 #

So this is what perfection looks like :)
    She’s breathtaking <3

42. Sarah January 16, 2012 at 07:00 #

love you angie :))

43. roxana January 16, 2012 at 07:02 #

what a change! beautiful!

44. Vicky January 16, 2012 at 07:27 #

No from me, the white don’t work with her pale skin.
    The change to a more fitted style is welcomed but the colouring and accessories simply don’t work.

• Alina January 17, 2012 at 16:29 #

I agree about the colour.

The clutch and lips seem too matchy-matchy for me.

45. alex January 16, 2012 at 07:35 #

Beautiful! Best dressed for me.

46. olivia January 16, 2012 at 08:25 #

This one took my breathe away, she looks absolutely stunning!

47. olivia January 16, 2012 at 08:26 #

This one took my breathe away, she looks absolutely stunning!

48. Gaber January 16, 2012 at 08:29 #

I absolutely hate the colour.

49. mia January 16, 2012 at 09:35 #

she looks INCREDIBLE!! smoking mama

50. mia January 16, 2012 at 09:36 #

she looks INCREDIBLE!! smoking mama

51. rita January 16, 2012 at 10:36 #

There were many great outfits yesterday night but her dress was my favorite. She looked sensational and the fact that it was something new from her it made it a winner for me. This is the kind of dresses that flatter her the most, she is extremely thin and when she wears her loose dresses or potato sacks as I call them, it emphasizes her thinness even more in my opinion. Here she looks like the sexy Angie we know all she can be.

52. bm January 16, 2012 at 10:51 #

this is a trully show stopper gown. And i love the red lips and the red clutch here. OMG, BDOTW please . . . .

53. Luis January 16, 2012 at 11:07 #

She looks 10 years younger.

54. bm January 16, 2012 at 11:15 #

OMG, BDOTW please . . . .

55. Li January 16, 2012 at 11:19 #

I love classic silhouettes and this is undeniably a classic look. The clean lines and the white serve as a perfect foil for that pop of red at the neckline. I understand the red clutch may seem a little matchy for some, but I like the elegance of it – this is the Golden Globes, not a catwalk show.

56. bm January 16, 2012 at 11:26 #

This is really a show stopper.
    Angie + Red = Perfection .

57. SandTony January 16, 2012 at 11:28 #

Beautiful! God, this woman is so stunning! Classy and chic, just wished she would gained a little weight and she would be even more perfection

58. Emi January 16, 2012 at 12:00 #

she’s gorgeous!

59. carmen sandiego January 16, 2012 at 22:40 #

finally…the bad-ass, however elegant and sophisticated, is back!

60. YouRockMyWorld January 17, 2012 at 00:57 #

She looks amazing in that dress..but I cant get over the fact that she looks so super-thin..it looks unhealthy.

61. Natalia January 17, 2012 at 01:06 #

she looks beautiful because she is a beautiful woman but i don’t like the dress… the shape it’s stunning on her but the colors together doesn’t work in my opinion… but it’s good to see her in something different

62. DM January 17, 2012 at 03:05 #

I think the red lips make this look! Her face looks lovely and the white-red combination is unexpected and fresh. She pulls off this look!

63. DM January 17, 2012 at 03:55 #

I don’t like it. That fold detail looks odd. As if whomever designed the dress added it as an afterthought…

64. Joy Taylor January 17, 2012 at 12:08 #

Either I’m finally warming to her or this Atelier Versace gown is doing all the work. I SO am not a fan of Angelina, however she looks great in this dress. Definitely one of her best in FOREVER!

65. Colleen January 17, 2012 at 18:31 #

At first, all I saw was the pop of red..than I saw the rest of the gown and was blown away. High drama, high glamour. She looks stunning. The fit is perfect and she is working the hell out of it! Have you seen her from the back? Gorgeous. Favorite of the night.

66. Shauni212 January 17, 2012 at 19:32 #

She looks amazing. This was not a typical choice for her but the risk paid off.

67. mandy January 18, 2012 at 06:11 #

She looks amazing and FAR from boring or predictable. And that red lippie is to die for. I dont think we have ever seen that shade of red.

68. Jess2 January 20, 2012 at 08:14 #

This look really surprised me and I love love love that I was proven wrong. I thought Angelina was going to do a predictable look and that is what I love about her, when you expect something she goes the other way. I love everything about this look, particularly the structure of the dress and the colour combo :) yay

69. Rose January 26, 2012 at 00:08 #

Wow – just wow! This look is flawless, and Angelina is beyond gorgeous!

70. Ricky M. February 3, 2012 at 22:14 #

Angelina looks absolutely, undeniably, beyond gorgeous! The gown is beautiful, but the fact that she’s wearing it makes it look 10x more fantastic. The red lip is what adds to it all, and the fact that the hair is simple is just right. She has done it YET AGAIN!!! I love you Angelina!