03.01.12

Sidewalk Style – Lady Gaga In Stéphane Rolland Couture

After joining Mayor Michael Bloomberg in Times Square to kick off the new year celebrations, Lady Gaga was spotted out in New York City.

The singer donned a Stephane Rolland Fall 2010 Couture mini dress with a flowing cape.

Although this was one of my favourite looks from the presentation, I never expected to see it worn as a street-style look – but this is Lady Gaga.

I would rather see it as a street-style look than not see it at all.

The dramatic ivory wool look was even worn with the same bejewelled white tights and opera gloves.

Gaga added Christian Louboutin ‘Daffodile’ white pumps to her look. I’m sure she has these pumps in every colour possible now.

A string of pearls, shades, red lippie and a wavy bob completed her look.

The only thing I find distracting about this look is how she’s dragging a white fur coat along the streets of Manhattan.

Credit: Elle.com & Bauer Griffin

Fergie In Christian Siriano - ‘Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin Eve’

Fergie In Christian Siriano – ‘Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin Eve’

Pace Wu In Lela Rose - Barbie Taiwan Promotion

Pace Wu In Lela Rose – Barbie Taiwan Promotion

19 Responses to Sidewalk Style – Lady Gaga In Stéphane Rolland Couture

1. Terry January 3, 2012 at 12:42 #

She may have become a superstar but I think her poser attitude is so annoying. Dragging a fur along is not glamourous (honey, you’re not Jean Harlow), but only plain stupid.

2. TeaAtTwo January 3, 2012 at 12:45 #

Ah- to wear couture for street style, the fabulous life.

3. Alina January 3, 2012 at 12:56 #

She looks good but … is this a street look? NO.

• Fashion Critic January 3, 2012 at 13:21 #

She must have been on her way to an event

4. Lucija January 3, 2012 at 12:56 #

I was just thinking the same thing – why the hell is she dragging that fur coat along the road?

XO,
    Lucija

5. Martin January 3, 2012 at 13:01 #

This look is seriously amazing, my first ‘wow’ moment of 2012. The whole ensemble looks so pure and decadent and extravagant that I’m willing to overlook the slightly tacky embellishment on the tights and focus on the fact that she is wearing this with quite an elegance and a grace. Even with that coat dragging along the ground!

6. Kiran January 3, 2012 at 13:01 #

While I do hate these Christian Louboutin ‘Daffodile’ pumps, I will take them any day over those 12-inch latex biker boots she used to wear with everything. Her Daffodile obsession really doesn’t make sense to me though. How can a women who wears jewel encrusted Lobsters on her head and wore a meat dress that’s more ‘Prêt à Manger’ then ‘prêt-à-porter’ choose such uninspired shoes repeatedly?

7. Cashawna January 3, 2012 at 14:13 #

so at first i thought something was wrong with computer then i though maybe someone stole your website :( then I saw the red shoes and realize u was still her lol love the new site even i’m still getting use to it

8. AW January 3, 2012 at 14:55 #

I like this, the fur is just silly but other than that, it works.

She actually gives the look more life than the model

9. Jess2 January 3, 2012 at 14:56 #

Aside from the dragging of the fur I love this look and I don’t even mind the Daffodiles. I just think the dress with the built in cape is genius and I like the addition of the tights and gloves. I also like the pairing of the Old Hollywood glamour type hair and makeup and such a modern dress.

10. Anna January 3, 2012 at 15:09 #

I like the dress so much and I do understand that there are probably so few people who could and would wear this anywhere, but I don’t like this dress on her at all.
    It fits the model’s frame so much better and looks so much better in a cleaner (not overdone) presentation. I think dragging of the dress and coat along a dirty side walk, the sunglasses, the pearls, the hair – everything – kill a stunning dress.

11. Carolina January 3, 2012 at 17:02 #

beautiful

12. Rebecca Z January 3, 2012 at 17:44 #

Ouch–poor fur! The necklace is a distraction.

13. Nat39 January 3, 2012 at 18:24 #

Another outfit ruined by Gaga, she is wearing it like a cheap costume.

14. Mol January 3, 2012 at 19:06 #

A very theatrical outfit to begin with and Gaga just heightens that whole vibe – who else could possibly wear this and where could they possibly be going? Gaga doesn’t tie herself down to any of those realities so it’s just for pleasure and spectacle that we see it on her, which I’m fine with.

15. EmmaWoodhouse January 3, 2012 at 19:34 #

+1 Nat39
    TOTALLY! So tired of her.

16. maria January 3, 2012 at 20:00 #

i so agree. I cannot get over the fact that she is dragging a white outfit through the pavement of Manhattan. I don’t care how good it looks on her, at the end of the night it must have been filthy.

17. Nat January 4, 2012 at 10:30 #

LOL @ this look as a street look. Only Gaga. It would have been so great as a red carpet look.

18. Nina January 4, 2012 at 21:12 #

She should stop wearing Stéphane Rolland creations, it seems to me she’s making fun of such a great couturier, as well as others.