Menu

September 8, 2020 Premiere

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Cate Blanchett Wore Giorgio Armani To The 'Khorshid' (Sun Children) Venice Film Festival Premiere

Cate Blanchett, president of the jury, was back on the red carpet for the ‘Khorshid’ (Sun Children) premiere during the 2020 Venice Film Festival on Sunday (September 6) in Italy.

Our red carpet queen has been setting the standard for sustainable fashion for some time, but especially during this festival.

Cate’s stylist Elizabeth Stewart tags all her Instagram posts featuring the actress, #ItsChicToRepeat, which was first coined by Decades founder Cameron Silver. When I publish repeat looks on my Instagram he uses the hastag to remind us all that there’s no shame in celebrities wearing the same look twice.

The Australian actress continues her love affair with suiting, wearing a new look from Giorgio Armani which I love from the waist up.

I’m living for the crystal embellished dinner jacket and the contrast of the relax shirt, but the trousers look a little too big for my liking.

The wide fit isn’t the issue, I just feel like she could’ve perhaps sized down in this instance.

What are your thoughts? Especially on the bottom half of the look?

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , ,

'The World To Come' Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

‘The World To Come’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Nathalie Emmanuel Wore Miu Miu During The 2020 Venice Film Festival

Nathalie Emmanuel Wore Miu Miu During The 2020 Venice Film Festival

9 Responses to Cate Blanchett Wore Giorgio Armani To The ‘Khorshid’ (Sun Children) Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. phee September 15, 2020 at 10:40 am #

Its fine.

2. BobbieLee September 9, 2020 at 7:44 pm #

Boring, boring, boring. With all of the lovely gowns that are undoubtedly available to her, why choose this? Is she tired? Going to a picnic after the event? Maybe her stylist didn’t come?

3. TeaAtTwo September 9, 2020 at 4:17 pm #

I would have liked this more for a lower key event, perhaps black pants might have looked more dressy.

4. Fee September 9, 2020 at 12:05 pm #

I do not like the white pants and shirt. Cate is inherently chic and sophisticated, and that alone can elevate a look, but this is just so ho hum and leaves me wanting more.

5. Original meme September 8, 2020 at 8:33 pm #

I like this a lot and think the pants are fine. Very 40s.

6. Chris September 8, 2020 at 7:49 pm #

It’s the same look she wore on her arrival in Venice, just with a different jacket: http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/cate-blanchett-venice/tilda-swinton-cate-blanchett-venice-film-festival-2020-07.jpg
    So I guess the message behind this one is, you can use the same clothes you’re wearing casually out on the streets for formal events if you style them differently.
    It’s not really what I expect to see from Cate on a festival red carpet, but she does look effortlessly cool.

• Catherine Kallon September 9, 2020 at 11:34 am #

Yeah. that appears to be the message with this look.

Thanks for sharing

• Fee September 9, 2020 at 12:05 pm #

7. JHH September 8, 2020 at 7:09 pm #

The blazer absolutely belongs nowhere near these pants. Since Cate is into recycling, I hope we will see the blazer again in a better outfit.