Menu

March 9, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore Safiyaa To The Mountbatten Music Festival

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore Safiyaa To The Mountbatten Music Festival

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex’s farewell tour as a senior member of the British royal family concluded in serious style on Saturday (March 7) at the Mountbatten Music Festival held at Royal Albert Hall in London.

We had blue and white on Thursday, and red on Saturday, wearing all British brands (we claim Roland Mouret as our own FYI).

She was subtly waving the British flag before embarking on a new ‘working model’ away from the monarchy from March 31.

Meghan looked radiant wearing a Safiyaa ‘Kalika’ gown featuring short-sleeved cape detail that trailed down her back in elegant fashion.

If you’re feeling a case of deja vu, that’ll be because the dress is similar – but not the same – as the dress she wore during her tour of Fiji back in 2018.

I love how the look perfectly corresponded to Harry’s Royal Navy uniform.

Someone on Instagram told me off for mentioning that she’s happier, therefore she wearing more colour.

As someone who has followed her style since stepping into the limelight, I will of course pick up on that.  It has monumental significance on many levels.

The look was styled with a Manolo Blahnik ‘Capri’ clutch, Simone Rocha earrings and matching pumps from her favourite footwear designer; Aquazzura.

Is this possibly Meghan’s best ever look?

Safiyaa

Credit: Safiyaa & Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , ,

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore ME+EM & Alexander McQueen To The Robert Clack Upper School Visit

Elizabeth Debicki Wore Prada To 'The Burnt Orange Heresy' Miami Film Festival Screening

Elizabeth Debicki Wore Prada To ‘The Burnt Orange Heresy’ Miami Film Festival Screening

25 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore Safiyaa To The Mountbatten Music Festival

1. _Hannah_ March 10, 2020 at 4:49 pm #

Stunning look! She looks great, the dress is amazing in its simplicity and classic silhouette and fits her perfectly. Also she glows with happiness – it seemes she made a right decision leaving the monarchy.

2. Guest March 10, 2020 at 1:50 pm #

Ok – this is something that I totally get on board with.
    Finally – the fit of the dress is good on her.
    I would perhaps chosen golden accessories, but either way this is her best look yet IMO.

3. Kat March 10, 2020 at 9:14 am #

l like this, but my all time faves remain her purple Aritzia dress / red Sentaler coat combo, then her slinky wedding reception gown.
    Overall, a very solid (and colourful) week from
    her. Hope she keeps it up!

4. Isabela March 10, 2020 at 2:48 am #

Beautiful, but i think that her hair should be up

5. IDfc301 March 9, 2020 at 9:58 pm #

It’s a shame there aren’t many still/posed photos at royal events, I’d love to see her with that dress remaining still, the colour is gorgeous!

Why can’t some people understand there is SO much deliberate choice in styling and choosing an outfit. Even private citizens make these deliberate decisions, let alone public officials & celebrities. Fashion can communicate!

Princess Michael of Kent is a prime example of deliberate styling….

6. Guest March 9, 2020 at 9:09 pm #

The clutch is definitely a no for me too prom-y. I wish for something sharper, matching the darker shade of the earrings. Otherwise fantastic though!

7. Guest March 9, 2020 at 8:02 pm #

A lovely look. She’s on a rich vein right now. Now, I want to see them at the Met Gala even more.

8. allezfred March 9, 2020 at 5:30 pm #

It says a lot about the wardrobe of male royals when their most interesting ‘looks’ are military uniforms. Why are they still so conservative while their female counterparts are not? Make no mistake. Even with a female monarch this institution is all about the gender status quo.

9. Guest March 9, 2020 at 5:22 pm #

So beautiful. Great way to end their duties. I wish happiness for the entire royal family. There is no way I would deal with people calling me out my name or telling my son who I am. You teach your children who you are. God chose them to be Archie’s parents.

10. Guest March 9, 2020 at 5:02 pm #

Meghan needed diamond drop earrings to match the silver on her clutch. I’d prefer Manolo Blahnik ‘Hangisi’ pumps and a Leiber clutch. The earrings were one red thing too much.

11. Mady1908 March 9, 2020 at 4:11 pm #

Best ever, she looks more radiant and happier than ever, they look great together. Flawless, best dressed of the week easily 🙂

12. Guest March 9, 2020 at 1:19 pm #

Have to say I do not like the red pumps with this. A gold sandal would have been nicer and less matchy-matchy. But she looks incredible and I’m so happy for the both of them.

13. Paola102 March 9, 2020 at 1:13 pm #

This look gave me goosebumps when I first saw it on Instagram. It’s the embodiment of radiant. They are happier and it shows out of their every pore.
    Beautiful style, fit and colour, with the cape and the mini train making it more worthy of a royal outing. Wow!

14. Inga🌹 March 9, 2020 at 1:05 pm #

Never seen her look more radiant, red is her color.

15. Catarina_M March 9, 2020 at 12:13 pm #

I wished for something smaller probably with none, or smaller, embellishments . I don’t deslike the red.

16. Guest March 9, 2020 at 12:12 pm #

Stunning! Her personal best IMO
    at first I was not sure about the matchy matchiness but I read one comment about who black and nude shoes/accessories would not be as good, and I agree. And I think gold would be overkill. So at the end i grew on the accessories.

17. Red Carpet Fashion Awards March 9, 2020 at 12:01 pm #

The saddest part for me is that he had to give up the military honors. I think this is where Harry excelled, and of course he was very proud to serve the Queen in this capacity. I hope he gets the chance to continue this in some form down the line, when tensions have lifted.

18. Red Carpet Fashion Awards March 9, 2020 at 11:59 am #

I go back and forth with the clutch. What would you have preferred colour or style wise?

Were the embellishments the sticking point?

19. Red Carpet Fashion Awards March 9, 2020 at 11:58 am #

I hope not, but understand what you are saying.

I’m hopeful with this new freedom, we’ll see a more Hollywood version of Meghan. The one we all wanted – or at least I wanted.

20. Sharon M March 9, 2020 at 11:44 am #

She looks wonderful…they look great together. And yes, happy.

21. BrittaDK March 9, 2020 at 11:32 am #

Her best ever. And so good besides Harry’s uniform. She never looked better on a red carpet.

22. Catarina_M March 9, 2020 at 11:28 am #

One of her best, for sure. She looks amazing. I just don’t like much about that clutch.

23. Guest March 9, 2020 at 11:11 am #

I think it will take some time to topthis off!!

24. Guest March 9, 2020 at 11:03 am #

well the reason he went full on uniform was because it’s the last he’ll get to wear it & I guess it’s a bit sentimental considered he served in the service

25. CharlotteLG March 9, 2020 at 10:59 am #

I love the dress, gorgeous and perfect on her. She looks beautiful.
    Her beauty look is also really great and I love the earrings.
    I don’t really like the matchy shoes and bag, especially the bag, a bit dated, but that’s minor.

As for him, I don’t like it, it’s too much and a bit ridiculous IMO.