Menu

March 6, 2020

Prior to presenting her freedom glow at last night’s Endeavour Fund Awards, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex paid a visit to the Immersive Storytelling Studio held at the National Theatre in London on Thursday (March 5).

Do you want to hear my theory?

The repetitive black clothes represented how unhappy she was.

Now she has her freedom, I truly believe that pre-wedding style will come back.

I know a few of Meghan stans believed I hated her, one even accused me of being racists, but I have been longing for he to return to form, and here we are 24 hours in and two looks I love unequivocally.

The Duchess rocked a high low mix of a beautiful Topshop organza blouse paired with a Roland Mouret Moka skirt from the Resort 2020 collection.

I would imagine Daily Mail readers are blowing their lids at her Duchess wearing a sheer sleeves blouse, but she no longer has to conform to royal dress codes.

I all for this Spring in her step, even if the Loewe ‘Postal’ bag does stick out like a sore thumb.

Thoughts?

Credit: Chris Allerton/Sussex Royal

Shop the look

, , , , , ,

Elizabeth Debicki Wore Saint Laurent To 'The Burnt Orange Heresy' New York Screening

Elizabeth Debicki Wore Saint Laurent To ‘The Burnt Orange Heresy’ New York Screening

Thandie Newton Wore Burberry To The ‘Westworld’ Season 3 LA Premiere

Thandie Newton Wore Burberry To The ‘Westworld’ Season 3 LA Premiere

20 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore Topshop & Roland Mouret To The Immersive Storytelling Studio

1. Guest March 11, 2020 at 7:42 pm #

This idea they’re totally innocent and played no part needs to stop as well…

2. Guest March 11, 2020 at 7:31 pm #

There are also examples after the wedding. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5144709/How-Meghan-channelling-Carolyn-Bessette-Kennedy.html

3. Guest March 9, 2020 at 10:59 am #

Carolyn Bessette had a timeless style and I think that Meghan did copy her a bit. Meghan’s latest outfits remind me of Rachel Zane’s wardrobe (her character from “Suits”).

4. Guest March 8, 2020 at 5:37 am #

Love this. Seems like she has gained a stylist. And i don’t think it was because of unhappiness or whatever. She was just lost. Sarah Ferguson used to dress in colours and tried to follow fashion inspite of being the second son’s wife. I don’t think Meghan had a stylist while being a royal.

5. Guest March 8, 2020 at 3:01 am #

I love the texture of the skirt.

6. Guest March 7, 2020 at 10:17 pm #

This can’t be true. Catherine, the future QUEEN wears lots of bold colours! Even the queen herself wears bold colours on a regular basis. Why would they force Meghan to wear navy and beige?!

This idea that the royal family is evil and Meghan is this innocent little flower has got to stop! People need to start acknowledging the role she (and Harry) played in having the press and public turn on her….but that’s not a conversation for this blog.

This is a lovely look. She looks refreshing and comfortable.

7. Dhppy March 7, 2020 at 8:21 pm #

This is fine, but the skirt reminds me of a white version of the blue blankets furniture moving companies (here in the US) use to wrap stuff in when loading them on to their trucks.

8. Guest March 7, 2020 at 1:08 pm #

I don’t see her wearing black to show that she’s unhappy because 1) she’s not an emo teen lol 2) she seemed to favor navy and beige more than black.
    I do see her being told to stick to a certain palette because of her “place” aka wife of the 6th in line and all that lovely bs.

The black bag matched the Aquazzura shoes she was wearing, which were the best part of this outfit imo.

9. Sharon M March 7, 2020 at 12:08 pm #

I love this fresh look.

10. Guest March 7, 2020 at 3:57 am #

Her two wedding dresses were copies of Carolyn looks. Her ceremony dress is almost a dead ringer for CB’s Fire and Ice ball dress. M’s reception dress is very similar to C’s Narciso dress. There are other examples. She also copies the beige skirt/black top with boots look that CB had when John introduced her. MM has named her as a style inspiration.

11. Kat March 7, 2020 at 3:20 am #

I feel like ‘flattering’ is a difficult critique.
    She is clearly in good shape, but her body type (like mine) is thick-waist/good legs.
    Pre-royal, she wore a lot of mini skirts and shorts and looked fab. I’m guessing she wasn’t allowed to wear super short stuff as a royal?
    I’m predicting a fast return to getting her legs out, once she can again (so tomoz?)

12. Kat March 7, 2020 at 3:12 am #

Interesting

13. Guest March 6, 2020 at 11:50 pm #

A lovely outfit. She looks really good and more importantly, happy. This is springtime work or wedding guest inspo, though with a different coloured bag.

14. Guest March 6, 2020 at 10:39 pm #

She looks cute. Skirt would have looked better with the slit at the back. Not 100% about the purse with it either, looks a but clunky against the delicateness of the outfit.

15. Paola102 March 6, 2020 at 7:44 pm #

Chic and elegant, and happy! Counts for a lot.

16. Originalmeme March 6, 2020 at 6:33 pm #

I agree. The outfit isn’t flattering but it’s pretty.

17. Red Carpet Fashion Awards March 6, 2020 at 6:20 pm #

thanks for this. I’m going to take a close look at Carolyn Bessette’s style. I didn’t know this

18. Guest March 6, 2020 at 6:06 pm #

I like the idea of it but I don’t think it fits her body type.

Face wise – she’s glowing. And I thought Canada is all gloomy and cold.

19. Guest March 6, 2020 at 5:58 pm #

As if someone breathed fresh air in her. Great fit on both, colour, so much more of the woman you could see before. Maybe she was unhappy, or and she could not find herself in all of that.

20. Guest March 6, 2020 at 5:52 pm #

I like this look. My theory on the black clothes was that she was trying to copy Carolyn Bessette’s style. She’s copied her a lot.