Menu

February 18, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Lizzo In Moschino – The BRIT Awards 2020

Lizzo In Moschino - The BRIT Awards 2020

Lizzo was the star attraction at The BRIT Awards 2020 held at The O2 Arena on Tuesday (February 18) in London, and she didn’t fail to bring the drama.

The American singer, who is nominated for Best International Female Solo Artist, appeared on the red carpet wearing a custom chocolate wrapper dress, which mimics the look of American chocolate brand Hershey’s, which was designed by Jeremy Scott for Moschino.

I loved the idea and design of this dress when it was first presented on the Fall 2014 runway, as it resembled a discarded, twisted wrapper.

I don’t get the same essence on Lizzo at all sadly. I’m astounded by all those pulls.

My sister once made me watch a cooking show called ‘Nailed It.’ Sadly, her version reminded me of the after failed attempt.

For a custom dress, I would expect this to fit a lot better, and I miss the beautiful structured runway bodice.

This could’ve been so epic. I’m really disappointed.

The custom dress came with a custom embellished chocolate bar clutch which you won’t be surprised to learn was created by Judith Leiber.

On the bag was written “100%” in reference to the singer’s song lyrics: “I’m 100 per cent that bitch”.

Lorraine Schwartz and Ofira jewels completed her look.

Moschino Fall 2014

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , ,

Jorja Smith In Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture - The BRIT Awards 2020

Jorja Smith In Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture – The BRIT Awards 2020

The BRIT Awards 2020 Red Carpet Roundup

The BRIT Awards 2020 Red Carpet Roundup

19 Responses to Lizzo In Moschino – The BRIT Awards 2020

1. Jess Mara February 20, 2020 at 7:16 am #

How is it that the fit is so bad?? I understand that she was never going to look like the runway model but she is such a beautiful lady that this is just a let down. It has lost all shape and all of the structure that we saw on the runway and looks as though she never did an in-person fitting.

2. Originalmeme February 19, 2020 at 4:51 pm #

This looks cheap and ridiculous

3. Sharon M February 19, 2020 at 12:37 pm #

I love it and she looks beautiful, but if it was custom it should have fit her better.

4. lelaid February 19, 2020 at 11:46 am #

]The puckering and bunching around the chest and midriff make it look like it was literally just draped and pinned to her. It’s a shame because she’s one of like 3 people who have the personality and spirit to pull it off. I do love the chocolate bar bag though.

5. Guest February 19, 2020 at 10:56 am #

For sure.

6. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 19, 2020 at 9:52 am #

you’re Welcome.

this isn’t the first time Ruth has made this accusation.

it’s insulting to everyone, and it has to stop.

7. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 19, 2020 at 9:50 am #

The fit really let’s her down

8. Catarina_M February 19, 2020 at 9:12 am #

I like this in theory. The execution, not so much. Love the hair and makeup.

9. Guest February 19, 2020 at 8:14 am #

Somehow I don’t hate this at all. I think it’s fun and out of the box. I do wish the fit were better. Lost occasion

10. Guest February 19, 2020 at 6:47 am #

Cheesy, gimmicky, unflattering – no to the whole thing.

11. Guest February 19, 2020 at 5:58 am #

I actually like it better on her than the model.

12. JR February 19, 2020 at 4:54 am #

Thank you Catherine.

13. Guest February 18, 2020 at 10:00 pm #

This look could have been absolutely amazing. Lizzo is failed here by the poor fit. I think they were right to move away from the structured runway bodice for her but the dress fits like they did not have the time to do a proper fitting, sort of like it was made from measurements without being previously fit to Lizzo’s body before it was worn.

14. Guest February 18, 2020 at 9:47 pm #

Ah, no,.too bad about the fit issues because I love this. Haha, happy chocolate day! Love hair and beauty.

15. Guest February 18, 2020 at 9:24 pm #

I adore this look although it could be fitted better

16. Guest February 18, 2020 at 9:11 pm #

The outfit looks cheap and gimmicky. I like her hair and make up, bar the nails. Talon style nails seem to be a trend, one that I’m not fond of.

17. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 18, 2020 at 9:09 pm #

Ruth. I appreciate your comments. We all don’t have to like the same thing.

My problem is the fit of the dress. Not her skin colour, not her weight, not her height, not her religion.

Apposing views are always welcome, but they don’t need to be served with accusation of racism etc.

18. Guest February 18, 2020 at 8:38 pm #

The fit is off. The swirl of the skirt leading down to the hem is an essential part of the cheek. And the boob lump on her right side is awkward.

19. Guest February 18, 2020 at 8:38 pm #

She looks amazing

I love this so much.

I know lizzo isnt white or blonde or thin, and her last name isnt fanning so many of you are not gonna like this but I love this.

I love the hair also
    This picture is unflattering, the photos I saw on Instagram , she looked stunning and the gown fitted her body nicely.