Menu

January 24, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Kate Middleton Red Needle & Thread dress worn to the UK-Africa Investment Summit

This week marked two official U.K. appearances for Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, first for the UK-Africa Investment Summit on Monday (January 20) followed by the Ely and Caerau Children’s Centre Visit on Wednesday (January 22).

First up, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attended a reception to mark the UK-Africa Investment Summit at Buckingham Palace in London.

This is her first time wearing the British brand Needle & Thread, and if it’s any indication of future looks, it is quite a successful entrée to the label.

With vintage-modern elegance and a sophisticated yet statement crimson hue, scintillating with embellishment, the dress from the Needle & Thread Resort 2020 collection is striking.

Accessories in the form of a Jenny Packham clutch, Gianvito Rossi suede pumps, and Soru ruby earrings — yet, despite all the matchy-ness, there was still plenty of dimension to the look.

Needle & Thread Resort 2020
Kate Middleton Ely and Caerau Children’s Centre Visit

Massimo Dutti coat
Massimo Dutti turtleneck
Zara skirt

For Catherine’s Ely and Caerau Children’s Centre visit in Cardiff, south Wales, she merged conservative with a bit more playful style in an accessibly chic look.

Her classic coat was from Massimo Dutti, as was her perfect black turtleneck.

It was the Zara pleated, leopard-print skirt that really sold the look to me, though. It was subtle animal print, yes, but it had a spirited sensibility that still maintained her level of expected elegance.

If you’re wondering about her necklace, it is by Daniella Draper featuring the initials ‘G,’ ‘C,’ and ‘L’ for the Duchess’s three children: Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis.

Massimo Dutti
Zara

Credit: Massimo Dutti, Zara, Needle & Thread & Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , ,

Alicia Keys Visits The SiriusXM Hollywood Studio In Ivy Park

Alicia Keys Visits The SiriusXM Hollywood Studio In Ivy Park

Taylor Swift Wore Carmen March To The 'Taylor Swift: Miss Americana' Sundance Film Festival Premiere

Taylor Swift Wore Carmen March To The ‘Taylor Swift: Miss Americana’ Sundance Film Festival Premiere

18 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wore Needle & Thread, Massimo Dutti & Zara For This Weeks Royal Engagements

1. Noor January 28, 2020 at 9:53 am #

I adore both the looks. Red one with that length is a good choice. For a moment I thought it’s Elle Saab. She’s not boring anymore, I think she’s enjoying doing fashion.

2. Guest January 25, 2020 at 4:54 pm #

Ballet flats is about as much animal print I can cope with. That said, I love the fact that she’s not above wearing it herself.

3. Guest January 25, 2020 at 12:22 pm #

Her run of hits continues.

I’m slightly biased as I adore Needle and Thread – bought my wedding dress from them and another wedding-guest dress.

4. Paola102 January 24, 2020 at 2:41 pm #

She looks so classy in all 3 looks. Love the red, the coat length is less usual for her, It elongates her. And the skirt is playful. Win!

5. Originalmeme January 24, 2020 at 2:10 pm #

I love all these outfits. Kate has such a classic, clean style.

6. ? January 24, 2020 at 1:22 pm #

Wow she looks amazing in both looks!
    In the Needle & Thread, she is like a ruby came to life and I love it. Red definitely suits her. She looks luxurious, elegant and the right amount of sexy. I like the shorter version so much better on her.
    The second look is a lovely, polished, every day look. I really enjoy seeing her rocking some high street brands from time to time. It’s a nice reminder that beautiful style is about fit, quality and design and not about price and label.

anonymous as always

7. Phee phee January 24, 2020 at 1:02 pm #

I love the skirt most of all.She looks wonderful in that third pic. The rest are good too of course, but the third pic stands out to me.

8. Guest January 24, 2020 at 10:09 am #

I like both outfits.
    Nothing groundbreaking, but appropriate and more youthful than some of her go-to things such a coat dresses.
    Also – very affordable. 🙂

9. Catarina_M January 24, 2020 at 9:00 am #

The Needle & Thread look is amazing. She looks so fresh and modern on both looks.

10. Guest January 24, 2020 at 8:58 am #

Oh my, someone looks like she’s having a good few weeks

11. Guest January 24, 2020 at 8:27 am #

They all feel relatively youthful, spirited and contemporary whilst being very her and event appropriate. On this form, she may actually earn that ‘Best Dressed Royal’ title.

12. Guest January 24, 2020 at 6:01 am #

I feel her red is one of her personal best with the styling and everything. She looks not only beautiful but glamourous.. My BDOTW. Maybe even BDOTY nominee.

13. Guest January 24, 2020 at 4:24 am #

At last some personality!

14. KseniaBradner January 24, 2020 at 3:50 am #

Very nice looks. I don’t expect much from Kate so this is good. The red is lovely.

• Guest January 24, 2020 at 4:18 am #

15. JasLinds January 24, 2020 at 3:39 am #

Love it all! She is looking SO CHIC.
    I like the shorter version of the Needle & Thread dress too – it looks more modern at that length.

• Guest January 24, 2020 at 6:02 am #

I agree. So glad that she chose the modern version.

• Guest January 25, 2020 at 3:49 pm #

I hope they’ll consider selling the midi lenght – it seems they have a maxi and a knee-lenght version, but the Kate’s ‘custom’ is the perfect lenght IMO!