Menu

January 7, 2020 Runway To Instagram

Jennifer Lopez Wore Zuhair Murad To The CAA Golden Globes After Party

Jennifer Lopez Wore Zuhair Murad To The CAA Golden Globes After Party

Jennifer Lopez didn’t win a Golden Globe on Sunday night, but to Alex Rodriguez, she was a winner in his eyes.

He took to Instagram to write, “Jen, it doesn’t take a trophy, medal, or plaque to identify a true champion.  To millions of young women who have watched you and have been inspired and empowered to do amazing things in their lives, you are a champion.”

She didn’t win in your affections when it came to her Valentino Haute Couture dress either.

It was the big gown moment we wanted, yet it left us feeling underwhelmed.

Jennifer’s second look of the evening was giving me Bronx Barbie, as she stepped out with ARod wearing an embroidered long sleeved gown with leg baring slits and feather trimmed sleeves from Zuhair Murad’s Resort 2020 collection.

Would you have preferred this for the red carpet?

I think this is a truer reflection of her style, and would’ve been much better received in comparison to the Valentino.

Platforms and a box clutch completed this all white look.

Zuhair Murad Resort 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Instagram

, , , , , , ,

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2020 Golden Globe Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2020 Golden Globe Awards?

Scarlett Johansson Wore Monique Lhuillier To The Netflix 2020 Golden Globes After Party

21 Responses to Jennifer Lopez Wore Zuhair Murad To The CAA Golden Globes After Party

1. Paola102 January 13, 2020 at 7:32 pm #

The shoes on the model are better suited to the dress. She looks really good though.

2. Guest January 8, 2020 at 12:52 pm #

She looks, and I say this with kindness, like a high-class escort. Which makes it perfect for her Hustlers promo run, how full circle!

3. Catarina_M January 8, 2020 at 9:22 am #

For an after party this perfect. I just wished for not so tacky shoes.

4. Guest January 8, 2020 at 6:34 am #

Like another commenter said, this looks like a negligee and not a party gown. Hate the shorts and double long slits and platform heels – totally tacky lingerie look. However, I love her hair. The long, loose curls look much fresher than the pulled back, severe bun of her earlier look.

5. KseniaBradner January 8, 2020 at 12:13 am #

I will take the high-fashion Valentino Couture over this any day. The Valentino Couture was an abstract take on the classic Old Hollywood ballgown, and it felt modern and fresh.

6. Guest January 8, 2020 at 12:00 am #

Love this!

7. Phee phee January 7, 2020 at 11:36 pm #

Its fun and perfect for an after-party.
    Fun dress, ugly shoes.

8. Noor January 7, 2020 at 9:54 pm #

Best Dressed of after party – it’s suits JLo. I like the bouncy curls. It makes her gorgeous unlike main event hair.

9. Guest January 7, 2020 at 8:28 pm #

I liked both her outfits- she can pull off strong looks. However, I was not a fan of her intense blush/bronzer. It was really distracting.

10. lelaid January 7, 2020 at 8:16 pm #

This is very expected and very 2010. I like it when she tries something different (like her awards dress).

11. Guest January 7, 2020 at 7:29 pm #

Trying to make up for that odd bow disaster with something more in her wheelhouse but kinda dated….

And can we please tell her / her stylists…. we know you are engaged. Again.

Can we not do a whole year of bridal inspired, bridal inclined…. I never thought I would ever say this… but I am kinda missing the Vegas showgirl.

12. Guest January 7, 2020 at 6:03 pm #

This is par for the course for JLo. I find the outfit dated and bordering on tacky but she looks great in it so it’s a win for her.

13. Guest January 7, 2020 at 5:49 pm #

Are those shorts? If yes, then it’s a no on the outfit.

14. Vizual Ninja January 7, 2020 at 4:36 pm #

It’s giving me Sharon Tate 70’s glam. It’s a good look for an afterparty, other than the shoes, no other complaints for me.

15. Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:23 pm #

Yes, it feels more her, but just like her last Zuhair Murad look, it’s…too much in her comfort zone, kind of. I prefer something fashion forward like the Valentino over some sheer Zuhair Murad and Elie Saab looks she has already worn 50,000 variations of over the years and that just aren’t interesting. But maybe there also is something else between big gowns that don’t feel like her (Richard Quinn), huge gowns that bring the drama but somehow over- and underwhelm at the same time (Valentino) and these type of looks she always wears. haha

16. Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:20 pm #

Love the dress and beauty – HATE the platform sandals. It cheapens the whole look!

17. Guest January 7, 2020 at 3:47 pm #

She looks gorgeous and sexy (!) works for the after-party, although I much prefer the sandals on the model over the chunky platforms – I understand they are needed for a bit of an extra height, but they are giving off a tacky vibe.

And re: her big Valentino “..left us underwhelmed” – I’d say it probably made most people “overwhelmed” haha. I didn’t mind it at all. I thought it was well-constructed, considering the size of it all, and she totally commanded it.

18. CharlotteLG January 7, 2020 at 3:44 pm #

I hate this, it looks so tacky, cheap and dated!

19. Guest January 7, 2020 at 3:44 pm #

If I had to pick between this and the Valentino for the awards show I would pick the Valentino. It wasn’t my favourite but it had the grandness I at least seeking and elegance and a less predictable choice. I prefer this for the afterparty or an event such as the Grammys.

20. Guest January 7, 2020 at 3:42 pm #

She is back to her safe place again

U guys didnt like her golden globes gown, now she’s back to classic rhinestone feathers zuhair murad looks.

Even the hair is so classic jlo.

21. Originalmeme January 7, 2020 at 3:37 pm #