Menu

January 7, 2020 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2020 Golden Globe Awards?

Posted by Catherine Kallon

, ,

Meryl Streep In Christian Dior Haute Couture - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Meryl Streep In Christian Dior Haute Couture – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Jennifer Lopez Wore Zuhair Murad To The CAA Golden Globes After Party

Jennifer Lopez Wore Zuhair Murad To The CAA Golden Globes After Party

39 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2020 Golden Globe Awards?

1. SerenaB January 9, 2020 at 5:10 pm #

Cate Blanchett is easily my favorite. She’s never boring, always different, always elegant. Mary Katrantzou was missing on the red carpet for a long time, it’s a great come back.

2. _Hannah_ January 8, 2020 at 3:39 pm #

I didn’t have the chance to read all the coverage of golden globes yet but I just wanted to thank you, Catherine, and all the team for all this hard work. It’s simply amazing. And now I’ll read the rest 🙂

3. Guest January 8, 2020 at 1:19 pm #

The “oe” were on fire: Zoey, Zoe, Joey. love all three of them

4. Guest January 8, 2020 at 12:53 pm #

Still missing Jodie Comer… 😉

5. Guest January 8, 2020 at 7:53 am #

Kaitlyn, Jane, Nicole, Zoe, Phoebe, Joey and Ana were my highlights on this carpet. Zoey too if I forget about the necklace.

6. Guest January 8, 2020 at 6:26 am #

Of those listed, my favorite was Naomi Watts in Armani Prive, but I also really liked Sandra Bullock in Oscar de la Renta.

7. SarahS95 January 8, 2020 at 4:46 am #

I went with Zoe Kravitz in the end but my close (very very close) seconds were: Zoey Deutch, Ana de Armas, and Nicole Kidman! What a spectacular night!

8. Guest January 8, 2020 at 1:10 am #

Ana, followed by Nicole and Renee.

9. KseniaBradner January 8, 2020 at 12:05 am #

How is Renee best dressed people? It’s the most standard, boring look ever. I have to laugh at some of the commenters here, sorry.

Cate Blanchett’s Mary Katrantzou was stunning and Beanie doesn’t get a lot of moments like this and she really delivered. Joey’s Iris van Herpen was stunning.

10. Guest January 7, 2020 at 11:27 pm #

1. Nicole
    2. Zoey
    3. Zoë
    4. Joey
    5. Renee

11. Guest January 7, 2020 at 10:27 pm #

Nothing spectacular here, I don’t think any of the looks that night will stand the test of time come December. For what it’s worth, my faves were:

1) Jodie Comer
    2) Kaitlyn Dever
    3) Phoebe Waller-Bridge
    4) Jane Levy
    5) Ana De Armas

12. Noor January 7, 2020 at 9:51 pm #

One of the worst dressed GGA. It’s an easy choice and that’s is Zoë. For once I thought this event would be great.

13. Guest January 7, 2020 at 9:01 pm #

I went for what I think will be a slight wild card, Joey King. I thought this was absolutely perfect for her.

14. Guest January 7, 2020 at 8:27 pm #

Cate Blanchett always brings her unique A game, but yes, there were a few other contenders that really matched #1 for me since they were so different it was hard to compare them:

Beanie Feldstein- WOW
    Zoey Deutsch- this is like a perfectly coordinated and strong look
    Zoey Kravitz- best alternative look and she is always super poised

Not the best dressed, but I think Shailene Woodley gave us the best shoe.
    There were A LOT of strong looks this year but these were the ones that stood out for moving past the classic offerings.

• Phee phee January 7, 2020 at 11:40 pm #

Shailene definitely had the best shoe! I am in love with them.

15. lelaid January 7, 2020 at 8:13 pm #

Zoey was the biggest standout to me, literally and figuratively, with Joey, Zoe and Nicole coming in close behind

16. Guest January 7, 2020 at 7:42 pm #

I would have included Gwyneth here. At least her look was special.
    Nicole Kidman and Ana de Armas are the winners to me!

17. Guest January 7, 2020 at 6:49 pm #

Given that my first choice namely Kaitlyn Dever in Valentino is not in the list I vote for queen Blanchett in Katrantzou.No 3 would be Zoey Deutch in that luxurious Fendi.

18. Guest January 7, 2020 at 6:36 pm #

Zoe Kravitz all the way, h2t. My other fave (not on this list) is Glenn Close, loved the silver hair with the deep blue velvet, a personal best imo.

19. Guest January 7, 2020 at 6:02 pm #

For me, there were only 4 looks that worked from H2T at mediocrely dressed event. They are Ana, Priyanka, Zoe, and Helen. I voted for Zoe because she looked perfect and more modern than the other three.

20. Guest January 7, 2020 at 5:49 pm #

Ana de Armas – too perfect (down to the choice of those elegant sapphires – exquisite). And Zoë Kravitz for her most unusual and interesting look which she made work impeccably.

21. Guest January 7, 2020 at 5:01 pm #

Thank you for the amazing coverage, Catherine!

1. Zoë Kravitz – Saint Laurent
    10. Thomasin McKenzie – Valentino Couture
    11. Charlize Theron – Christian Dior Couture
    12. Margaret Qualley – Chanel
    13. Kat Graham – Georges Hobeika Couture
    14. Anette Bening – Christian Siriano
  22. Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:57 pm #

Cate Blanchett is the clear standout for me.

23. Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:47 pm #

Nicole Kidman

24. Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:29 pm #

I really enjoyed this years Globes. Sure, not everyone was successful, but I enjoyed the variety of looks and it felt entertaining; sometimes, these awards shows can be rather safe and boring, but some people really did their thing and we got a variety of looks, even if the results were mixed. And, we still got lots of good looks to pick from. So I’m rather pleased.

My personal picks would be:

1. Renee Zellweger
    2. Zoey Deutch
    3. Cynthia Erivo
    4. Lucy Boynton
    5. Ana de Armas
    6. Phoebe Waller Bridge
    7. Nicole Kidman
    8. Zoe Kravitz

25. Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:24 pm #

I was torn with between Zoe and Renee. I voted for the latter; I’m just so thrilled to see her back in the circuit like this!

26. Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:22 pm #

My picks this year are Renee, Naomi, Nicole, Ana (sans necklace) and my very favorite, Zoe Kravitz!

27. Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:19 pm #

For me, the best one was Kirsten Dunst, followed by Phoebe and Laura Dern.

28. Guest January 7, 2020 at 3:53 pm #

Damn this list is just weird.
    What is phoebe Weller bridges doing on the list? Same with shaineley Woodley? Wtf

Kat Graham in george hobeika was my best dressed. Too bad u didnt post about her.
    Priyanka Chopra was also one of my best.

Ana de armas, looks great but that’s a very safe gown.

Hate beyonce all u want but she brought drama and something different with that schiaparelli gown.

29. Guest January 7, 2020 at 3:51 pm #

I went with Renee Zellweger because she surprised me with such a minimalist, yet delightful look.
    My other favorites were: Nicole Kidman, Zoe Kravitz, Helen Mirren, Jane Levy and Ana de Armas.

• Guest January 8, 2020 at 4:20 am #

Agreed! And unique colour too!

30. Guest January 7, 2020 at 3:46 pm #

Cate Blanchett shouldn’t be on the list.
    That gown is not her gown. It washed her out .
    Favouritism is just too much on this site.

Taylor swift
    Margot robbie
    Charlize Theron
    All 3 ladies dont belong on the list also.

I love Helen Mirren but be honest, she’s worn that gown a million times. She’s an older lady still giving us looks but did she really deserve to be on the list.

31. Catarina_M January 7, 2020 at 3:39 pm #

Zöe, Priyanka  and Helen.

32. Phee phee January 7, 2020 at 3:19 pm #

What terrific choices this year! I am pleased with the amount of good ones. Bodes well for the year.
    Anas look was flawlessly beautiful and I would not be upset if she won but the freshest, most vibrantly beautiful look is Zoe Kravitz.
    I just love those dots and her styling was perfection!

33. Guest January 7, 2020 at 3:17 pm #

What a lacklustre red carpet. I went with Jane Levy but I don’t even know who she is, lovely look.

34. Guest January 7, 2020 at 3:11 pm #

1 Zoey 2 Cate 3 Zoe

35. Vizual Ninja January 7, 2020 at 3:03 pm #

I think it was a fairly good year more good looks than bad. My top three are Priyanka, Nicole and Zoe. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication, FC. This internet thing can be rough at times but hope you know you have readers who appreciate and love what you do.

36. Guest January 7, 2020 at 3:00 pm #

Catherine, could you apply the ‘best of’ tag to these posts? It would be very helpful when going over looks especially come December and thinking about BDOTY.

37. alvarospain January 7, 2020 at 2:53 pm #

My top 3: Priyanka Chopra, Joey King and Ana de Armas.