Menu

January 7, 2020

Following the main event where Scarlett Johansson served up one of her most unsatisfying red carpet looks in my memory, the ‘Marriage Story’ actress attended the Netflix 2020 Golden Globes After Party on Sunday (January 5) in Los Angeles, California.

Instead of tons of fabric, on this occasion she gave us tons of feathers which accented her Monique Lhuillier Fall 2020 petal pink embroidered mini dress.

This is a pretty look, but I’m not sure – in fact I am certain – that this isn’t the right dress that fits her style.

I could name a hundred other actresses this would’ve been right for: Laura Harrier, Joey King, Zoey Deschanel, Keke Palmer, Dove Cameron, Kathryn Newton, Bella Heathcote, Zoey Deutch, Storm Reid……..

Unfortunately this wasn’t a great night for Scarlett style-wise.

Let’s hope she hits that Donatella speed dial for the next outing.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , ,

Jennifer Lopez Wore Zuhair Murad To The CAA Golden Globes After Party

Jennifer Lopez Wore Zuhair Murad To The CAA Golden Globes After Party

Kate Beckinsale Wore Romona Keveža Collection To The InStyle Golden Globes After Party

15 Responses to Scarlett Johansson Wore Monique Lhuillier To The Netflix 2020 Golden Globes After Party

1. Catarina_M January 8, 2020 at 9:26 am #

I don’t think the dress is the main issue here: the shoes are so wrong, this dress needs a sandal and the makeup washes her out.

2. Guest January 8, 2020 at 6:40 am #

Although I liked this look better than the red gown, I agree with others that the styling is off for such a fun, frilly dress. While I am generally not a fan of feathers, at least this dress did not overwhelm her small frame like the other gown did.

3. KseniaBradner January 8, 2020 at 12:12 am #

Can celebrities just not wear Monique Lhuillier. Problem solved.

4. Guest January 7, 2020 at 11:59 pm #

I like the dress but not the shoes.

5. Noor January 7, 2020 at 9:57 pm #

Joey King came to my mind. Her choices are confusing.

6. Guest January 7, 2020 at 8:25 pm #

I think this look got lost in translation (sorry could not resist) The hair and makeup are off in addition to the shoes here. I am almost afraid to see what handbag she wore with this.

7. Guest January 7, 2020 at 6:06 pm #

Maybe it’s the picture but this dress is not flattering and if something is not flattering on ScarJo, then something is wrong with the dress or the photo. Hair and makeup are horrible.

8. Guest January 7, 2020 at 5:47 pm #

The dress is very vintage Scarlett. I’m positive I can find her in a similar frock circa 2004.
    The problem is the styling. Whoever did her hair and makeup is a saboteur.

• Guest January 7, 2020 at 5:53 pm #

The “hair/makeup saboteur” – ha ha exactly! I have no words.

9. Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:34 pm #

Whoever did her makeup for this event should be fired – a really bad job in my eyes (it looks so ‘low-quality’, and makes her look less beautiful than she is, for crying out loud). The dress is cute and works for the after-party, but not quite her style, I agree.

10. Phee phee January 7, 2020 at 4:33 pm #

the shoes are the main problem here. They dont fit in with the dress. Also the hairstyle is too severe for such a playful dress.
    I agree, bad fashion night for her.

11. Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:32 pm #

A stronger eye makeup and a sassy sandal rather those dull shoes would have given an edge to make it less twee. I do agree that Scarlett wouldn’t have been in my top 100 celebs to wear this dress in the first place.

12. Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:22 pm #

We have seen this pink feathers dress several times in the past.

13. CharlotteLG January 7, 2020 at 4:21 pm #

I like the idea, not the execution. The dress needs more feathers and her styling is quite bad, this is a fun dress, the shoes and the hairstyle are too strict for it.

14. Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:18 pm #

This is fine…but I don’t like the black, closed-toe shoes. I think a sandal would have made the whole thing look better!