Menu

November 25, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Christina Aguilera In Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture - 2019 American Music Awards

Following Taylor Swift’s Artist of the Decade hits medley at the 2019 American Music Awards on Sunday (November 24), Christina Aguilera was up next to perform alongside ‘A Great Big World.’

Christina’s vocals sounded effortless and amazing on ‘Fall On Me,’ her latest collaboration with the piano-pop duo, but it was her red carpet look which first stunned the crowd.

A big voice needs a big red carpet moment, and Christina delivered in this white Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2017 Haute Couture hooded dress accented with velvet speckles.

Christina’s red carpet style is always over the top, so this was to be expected.

Some might feel that Christian doesn’t quite have the height to pull this off, but I’m just thankful she didn’t steer too from the runway styling.

The look, which almost feels biblical, was styled with platform boots and the beaded choker we saw on the runway.

Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2017 Haute Couture

, , , , , , , , , ,

Ruth Wilson In Michael Kors Collection - 2019 Evening Standard Theatre Awards

Ruth Wilson In Michael Kors Collection – 2019 Evening Standard Theatre Awards

Katherine Langford In Rodarte - 2019 American Music Awards

Katherine Langford In Rodarte – 2019 American Music Awards

13 Responses to Christina Aguilera In Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture – 2019 American Music Awards

1. JasLinds November 26, 2019 at 2:47 am #

The sad version of Lady Gaga

2. Guest November 26, 2019 at 12:45 am #

I hate the shoes but everything else looks pretty great on her. I saw it in motion and it looks pretty great.
    Also, as a long time Christina fan, I can assure you that blaming her stylists for her fashion choices is useless. They’ve often said that she always has the last say…so everything she wears has her own personal touch and she’s always been wacky…can’t hate on her for that haha

3. Guest November 25, 2019 at 10:02 pm #

I actually love this on her. She rocks it and it’s event appropriate. This is a win for me.

4. KseniaBradner November 25, 2019 at 4:11 pm #

The necklace is too much and the boots are horrid. I know she’s petite, but why put your client in a gown she’s too short for? Christina has an inherent tackiness that *on paper* would work for Jean Paul Gaultier, but in reality just pushes his designs into tacky territory.

5. Phee phee November 25, 2019 at 3:36 pm #

I like the dress much better on the runway. It definitely needed someone tall.
    Either way, I dont like the styling of the choker and boots. It clutters up the whole look.

6. Guest November 25, 2019 at 1:39 pm #

I feel like the past years Christina has been working alongside her enemy. Why would they put her in this when it looks terrible? And the performance look? NO.

7. Guest November 25, 2019 at 1:24 pm #

Take me to your leader

8. Sharon M November 25, 2019 at 12:28 pm #

So awful. I hate the shoes, and the shift in color toward the bottom looks like she walked through a puddle and the fabric absorbed dirty water.

9. Guest November 25, 2019 at 11:57 am #

This needs someone with an edge, more slender and taller. I could picture this on Celine Dion.

10. Guest November 25, 2019 at 9:04 am #

I prefer it on the runway though it’s not a favourite in general. Considering Christina’s fashion M.O. it’s a good look though it didn’t need the necklace or those boots.

11. Catarina_M November 25, 2019 at 8:53 am #

Those boots ruin it all.

12. Guest November 25, 2019 at 8:42 am #

This looks like a costume for the supreme leader in a low budget sci-fi film.

13. CharlotteLG November 25, 2019 at 8:35 am #

Nope! She manages to make JPG Haute Couture looks cheap!