Menu

November 18, 2019 Runway To Instagram

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Beyonce In David Koma Shawn Carter Foundation Gala

After a month hiatus, Beyonce was back in the limelight wearing two looks for the Shawn Carter Foundation Gala which was held at the Seminole Ballroom in the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino on Saturday (November 16)  in Hollywood, Florida.

The foundation’s $4M contribution of youth empowerment was the focus for the night, but when Beyonce steps out in two dazzling looks, we can’t help but notice.

Much is made about Beyonce’s curvier figure, and if there was a perfect dress to showcase it, this David Koma Resort 2020 look was it.

Drenched in sequins, the nude corset dress is a delectable evening-ready design with an unabashedly sumptuous silhouette which was thankfully modified from the sheer look book version.

Beyonce In David Koma Shawn Carter Foundation Gala

Hanut Singh earrings, a Kallati ring, and that ever popular Judith Leiber ‘Money Stack’ crystal embellished clutch, which Khloe Kardashian carried last week, completed her look.

I continue to stan this darker hair colour on Bey.   It’s everything.

Beyonce In David Koma Shawn Carter Foundation Gala
David Koma Resort 2020
Beyonce In Roberto Cavalli Couture Shawn Carter Foundation Gala

For the actual event, the singer wore a custom made Roberto Cavalli Couture bustier gown encrusted with crystals on nude tulle with ivory ostrich feathers.

As you know I love all things Cavalli.

This look was oozing with the unabashed glamour the brand is known for.

But just couldn’t on board with the styling.

It starts with the hair and ends with way-too-dark lip colour.

Beyonce In Roberto Cavalli Couture Shawn Carter Foundation Gala

I’m also not so sure that the  Lorraine Schwartz  diamond and emerald interlocking mesh earrings were the right choice with this look.  They feel a bit random and disconnected to me.

Beyonce In Roberto Cavalli Couture Shawn Carter Foundation Gala

Credit: Vogue.com, Roberto Cavalli & Instagram

, , , , , , , , , , ,

Kerry Washington Brings Vintage Florals To The Indie Contenders Roundtable

Kerry Washington Brings Vintage Florals To The Indie Contenders Roundtable

Heidi Klum Wore Julien Macdonald To The 2019 TrevorLive Los Angeles Gala

Heidi Klum Wore Julien Macdonald To The 2019 TrevorLive Los Angeles Gala

18 Responses to Beyonce Knowles Gives Us Pure Glamour With Two Looks For The Shawn Carter Foundation Gala

1. Guest November 20, 2019 at 1:42 pm #

love the 1st look, no to 2nd

2. Guest November 19, 2019 at 5:01 am #

First look is like “Hello long lost Kardashian sister”

3. Jess Mara November 19, 2019 at 3:20 am #

Like the first but the second is just so unflattering!!!. Makes her look so wide and the slit is way too high (not to mention terrible styling)

4. Guest November 19, 2019 at 1:34 am #

She looks beautiful in the Cavalli, but the earrings are a little distracting. I think Beyonce’s problem for a long time has been that she doesn’t know how to dress for her shape.

5. Guest November 18, 2019 at 9:25 pm #

She’s approaching Mariah Carey territory.

6. Guest November 18, 2019 at 5:25 pm #

I too love her hair color. The first look is fine. The second is fine as well but the slit is a bit too high. I am not a Roberto Cavalli fan but this particular dress screams Beyonce to me and she looks good in it. I don’t mind the earrings because Beyonce is all about being over the top and it works on her.

7. Guest November 18, 2019 at 5:09 pm #

I love the darker hair shade and softer curls, her overly blonde weave dated a lot of her looks, FYI Laverne.
    I like Koma look overall I part wish it was in a brighter/richer colour but the nude has a slickness about it almost looks like latex.
    The Cavalinis okay but I wish she had left those huge earrings off and it looks like she tried a red/plum eyeshadow that didn’t work.

8. Guest November 18, 2019 at 4:17 pm #

Prefer DK over the RC but of late there’s been something missing in her looks and I cant seem to pinpoint what….

9. Guest November 18, 2019 at 4:14 pm #

Why did she have to carry that ugly tacky dollar bag
    Every influencer on Instagram has that bag.
    Its tacky and cheap looking and the bag ruined the first look

10. Guest November 18, 2019 at 3:33 pm #

I rarely like the way she dresses, but these two looks are wonderful on the beautiful woman.

11. Paola102 November 18, 2019 at 3:30 pm #

Love the first look. The dress suits her to a T. She looks incredible, esp her hair. The second dress is also gorgeous, bit the overall look leaves to be desired.

12. KseniaBradner November 18, 2019 at 2:27 pm #

Beyonce dresses like Chrissy Teigen: Houston, we have a problem.

13. MissHebble November 18, 2019 at 2:25 pm #

I’m not a fan of either outfit, but agree that the former would have been so much worse had it not been lined. I don’t know, she’s just never my cup of tea.

14. CharlotteLG November 18, 2019 at 1:45 pm #

I like both looks, she looks great in both.
    And I really like the earrings of the second look, I think they do work with the dress.

15. Vizual Ninja November 18, 2019 at 1:39 pm #

Nothing new from her but she looks damn good, so can’t be mad. Those earrings are screaming for attention, too fussy for an already attention grabbing dress. I do prefer the first look as the second is a little too Vegas for me.

16. Guest November 18, 2019 at 1:37 pm #

The second dress is so unflattering and the slit is too high. The sketch is hilarious.

17. lelaid November 18, 2019 at 1:30 pm #

As much as I love her all her event outfits are starting to look the same. It’s always a sparkly gown with a high slit.

18. Catarina_M November 18, 2019 at 1:20 pm #

I don’t like the hair and make up on both looks. I’m glad they put some lining on the first dress, it looks amazing on Beyonce, as does the second dress.

Those earrings are amazing on it’s own, but I agree, they feel out of place here.