Menu

November 11, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Jessica Alba In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

Jessica Alba In Ralph & Russo Couture - 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

We don’t see Jessica Alba that often on the red carpet these days, but one event she attends every year is the Baby2Baby Gala.

This year the event was held 3LABS on Saturday (November 9) in Culver City, California, which she attended with her husband Cash Warren.

Gala gowns are expected at this event, but Jessica appeared to channel her inner Gatsby-girl in this Ralph & Russo Fall 2019 Couture dress.

The dress is a work of art from the crystal white pearls and iridescent sequins in an all-over linear design, and appliqué tiers of devoré ostrich feathers.

I love that she wasn’t shy to add more playful accessories to an already busy dress with the pearl-accented headband we saw on the runway, but she might lose some with the Jimmy Choo ‘Callie’ feather bag.

I’m not totally opposed to it, but I don’t believe it was needed.  It kinda interrupts the slinky silhouette, and feels unnecessary considering the detailing on the shoulders and skirt.

Anita Ko earrings and Jimmy Choo ‘Minny’ sandals added yet more sparkle to this gorgeous outing.

If you having a case of deja vu, it might be because of Penelope Cruz’s ‘Pain and Glory’ London premiere dress, but the only similarities are the silhouette and the feathers.

Ralph & Russo Fall 2019 Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , ,

Storm Reid In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture - 2019 People's Choice Awards

Storm Reid In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture – 2019 People’s Choice Awards

Kim Kardashian In Vintage Versace - 2019 People's Choice Awards

Kim Kardashian In Vintage Versace – 2019 People’s Choice Awards

15 Responses to Jessica Alba In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

1. Guest November 13, 2019 at 1:29 pm #

I love this! It’s great to see Jessica having fun with fashion with the feather bag and headband!

2. Guest November 12, 2019 at 9:27 am #

I love the headband trend right now and this one is pretty but I I think it’s too much with this outfit and fewer points too because it was just copying from the runway styling.

3. Jess Mara November 12, 2019 at 1:30 am #

She definitely didn’t need the bag. The headband was enough for this look

4. Phee phee November 11, 2019 at 7:37 pm #

Ugh, that headband needs to go. It clutters up the look. esp with the earrings and hair down. Just looks silly.

5. Guest November 11, 2019 at 7:05 pm #

You know the saying about looking in the mirror and taking off one thing before going out. Well, Jessica should have taken off two things — the awful bag and the ridiculous headband. The headbands maybe and it is a huge maybe could have worked with simpler earrings. The dress is not great anyway and with all these accessories the whole look just comes across as too much.

6. Sharon M November 11, 2019 at 2:02 pm #

I like it, but not the bag. Too much…and it is already a lot! I also would have liked it more if they shortened it. But I love the hair…glad it is shorter.

7. Guest November 11, 2019 at 12:47 pm #

Not a fan of this type of dress but it’s better on the model. There’s too much push in the push-up bra on Jessica

8. Guest November 11, 2019 at 11:13 am #

I hate this kind of dresses

They are so common
    They are all over pinterest
    Ew

9. sueno November 11, 2019 at 10:39 am #

I love everything except that bag, it’s little too much and feels overcrowded. However, this is big step forward from her usual dressing.

10. Guest November 11, 2019 at 9:54 am #

I prefer the length on the model, and not sure I like her in this cool colour. But it’s a fun look, if a bit busy.

11. Mady1908 November 11, 2019 at 9:44 am #

It’s a nice look but something is too much. I can’t really say what, but there is something too much. Maybe the bag or the headband. But it’s a really pretty look.

• ? November 11, 2019 at 1:07 pm #

I agree completely… I think I would have skipped the bag and keep the headband, but have her hair up instead.

anonymous as always

edit: And I just realised this the styling the model has ???

• Jess Mara November 12, 2019 at 1:30 am #

Yes that is exactly how her hair should have been,

12. Guest November 11, 2019 at 9:38 am #

I’m pleasantly surprised to find that she really pulls off that headband. It’s a good look and I’m trying to conclude that she can just about get away with the handbag, even if it wasn’t entirely needed.

13. Catarina_M November 11, 2019 at 9:23 am #

I love this, minus the headband or perhaps if she had her hair pulled up, IDK, there’s something wrong with in the hair department, everything else is on point.