Menu

November 11, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Chrissy Teigen In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

Chrissy Teigen In Georges Hobeika Couture - 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

Chrissy Teigen accepted the ‘Giving Tree’ Award at the 2019 Baby2Baby Gala in LA on Saturday (November 9), with a speech that showcased her trademark humor and humility.

Laughingly, she told the star-studded crowd that she is more accustomed to receiving an accolade for ‘Best Titties’ at the Spike TV Awards.

You weren’t fans of her champagne head-to-toe look from the 2019 Brandweek Brand Genius Awards Gala, but I’m confident you will be swept away by this Georges Hobeika Fall 2019 Couture one-shoulder gown.

From the delicate beading to the sultry thigh-high slit, flowing skirt, and draping sleeve this felt more like a classic “glamour-mixed-with-sex-appeal” Chrissy Teigen look.

The colour didn’t wash her out, her hair was teased into glamorous waves, and her gold accessories including strappy sandals, a Jimmy Choo ‘J Box’ clutch and Jennifer Meyer jewels completed her red carpet glow.

Was this a case of much improved?

Chrissy shared with her twitter followers, a hilarious video of where she playful trolled her husband John Legend by removing not one but two of his Grammy Awards to make space for her newest honor.

It’s the “yay” at the end which kills me.

Georges Hobeika Fall 2019 Couture

Credit: WWD & Getty

, , , , , ,

Best Dressed Of The Week

Best Dressed Of The Week

Storm Reid In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture - 2019 People's Choice Awards

Storm Reid In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture – 2019 People’s Choice Awards

14 Responses to Chrissy Teigen In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2019 Baby2Baby Gala

1. Los_NGLS November 12, 2019 at 8:05 pm #

I agree with Ruth that she sorta does have a “uniform” (is this the infamous Ruth. ??), but I think it works great for her— “if it ain’t broke…”

I will also admit that I am completely biased and am madly in love with Chrissy Teigen ??

I like that she kinda wears everything she “owns” — on red carpets, on tv, on her IG videos at home— like it’s a mildly expensive bathrobe, that she might get some sort of sauce on and have to throw away; it’s truly brilliant. She’s one of the casually funniest human beings on the planet and has carved her own space, her own public persona, by just being herself.

My only wish is that in the next iteration of her uniform her stylist has a seamstress sew the slit another couple on inches ?

2. Guest November 12, 2019 at 11:04 am #

I found the gown so lovely in the video – the color is beautiful on her, and the flowing fabric was so pretty while she attacked the awards case.

3. Guest November 12, 2019 at 9:09 am #

I wish the slit were a bit lower and she’s done this style a lot but I love the colour and how it flows.

4. Phee phee November 11, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

standard look for her but it works for her too. The slit is way too high I agree, but overall this is a win. Certainly better than her last look.

5. KseniaBradner November 11, 2019 at 2:49 pm #

This look confirms what I’ve said about Chrissy’s style and how she sees herself in the celebrity hierarchy and ecosystem: she is A-List by marriage. I wish she’d dress like she deserves it, because I think she does. Georges Hobeika? Really? He will forever design dresses from 2005.

6. Guest November 11, 2019 at 12:49 pm #

If we can see your panties, the slit is too high.

• Guest November 11, 2019 at 1:45 pm #

On the bright side, at least she’s wearing underwear…

• Guest November 11, 2019 at 1:46 pm #

I think the main problem is she chose to stand that way, no wonder the panties are shown.

• Guest November 11, 2019 at 6:58 pm #

So true. Always look on the bright side.

7. Guest November 11, 2019 at 11:15 am #

How many versions of this gown has she worn?

This is her uniform

Even the styling is the same

I’m bored

• Guest November 11, 2019 at 6:59 pm #

Same here.

8. Guest November 11, 2019 at 10:03 am #

Am I the only one sick of seeing everyone’s underwear? It cheapens every look imho.

9. Mady1908 November 11, 2019 at 9:45 am #

The colour is amazing on her, the dress is fabulous, this is true to her style yet very elegant. Love it!

10. Catarina_M November 11, 2019 at 9:10 am #

I love it, she looks amazing. Much better shoes than the runway and i’m glad that she didn’t wear that belt.