Menu

October 29, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Keke Palmer Was Tiered, Tulled & Ruffled For The 2019 Angel Ball

Keke Palmer In J Mendel 2019 Angel Ball

Keke Palmer joined Heidi Klum on the red carpet for the 2019 Angel Ball hosted by Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation at Cipriani Wall Street on Monday (October 28) in New York City.

I’m sure it hasn’t escaped your notice that Keke has hit a rich vein of form since returning to the spotlight with her promo tour for ‘Hustlers.’

Her red carpet looks are matching her vivacious personality, which is definitely the case with this J. Mendel Spring 2020 gown.

The look feels so explosive, yet feminine with its tiered, degradé silhouette and ruffles throughout.

I know some of you are looking at the lookbook, and wishing this had been saved for someone taller, but we all can’t be 5ft 11″ models, and I would’ve cried if her stylist has cut this.

The bottom portion is the best part.

J.Mendel Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Emmy Rossum Was Pretty In Pink For Apple TV+'s 'The Morning Show' World Premiere

Emmy Rossum Was Pretty In Pink For Apple TV+’s ‘The Morning Show’ World Premiere

Kerry Washington Keeps Things Classic In Black & White For The 'American Son' LA Screening

Kerry Washington Keeps Things Classic In Black & White For The ‘American Son’ LA Screening

17 Responses to Keke Palmer Was Tiered, Tulled & Ruffled For The 2019 Angel Ball

1. Guest November 1, 2019 at 12:05 pm #

I love this, I love the color and the fit. I just wish she was taller to fully pull it off because she looks beautiful.

2. lmkw October 30, 2019 at 11:07 pm #

Gorgeous. Maybe just a tad too many purple layers so the lower colors don’t pop as much but small complaint.

3. Sharon M October 30, 2019 at 11:57 am #

I love it, but I wish they had done something to raise that bottom ruffle.

4. Jess Mara October 30, 2019 at 3:28 am #

I too would have cried had the yellow ruffles at the bottom been taken out but I am sure they could have customed this by takng out some of the purple layers to fit her height. It just comes off as a mess instead.
    I would have also got rid of all of the arm jewellery

5. Guest October 29, 2019 at 7:25 pm #

She is beautiful the dress looks really fabulous on her glowing skin

6. Phee phee October 29, 2019 at 4:27 pm #

It looks far better on the model. I do love the dress. I just wish it were on someone else. I dont like all the jewels on the hands n wrists. Its too fussy. and takes away from the sophisticated look.

• Jess Mara October 30, 2019 at 3:28 am #

it looks 1000x better on the model and it’s shame cause it could have been wonderful.

7. Guest October 29, 2019 at 4:19 pm #

This looks great on her. I saw a video clip and she was twirling around working that dress. Love.

8. Vizual Ninja October 29, 2019 at 4:11 pm #

I agree with the others, they should’ve modified for her height. I’ve been enjoying her looks though, she’s bringing something different and fresh.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 30, 2019 at 7:05 am #

I’m really enjoying her looks too.

9. Guest October 29, 2019 at 3:59 pm #

While I love and prefer the proper fit in the look book, the contrasting hem stops me from being put off how it ends on Kiki. I hope she wore yellow version of the look book mules.

10. Guest October 29, 2019 at 3:08 pm #

If she was not tall enough to wear this dress, then she should have worn high platform lady gaga shoes.

She ruined this gown.
    Why couldn’t j. Mendel make one to suit kiki’s height? Or she’s not A list

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 30, 2019 at 7:07 am #

its a Spring 2020 look, so fresh off “runway”. Therefore likely to be the only one produced at this stage.

11. Paola102 October 29, 2019 at 2:59 pm #

I love it! It’s beautiful and fits her and her personality. I still think though, that one or two purple tiers should have been taken out, in order to fit her height while keeping the yellow ones.

12. Guest October 29, 2019 at 2:56 pm #

Adore the gown and the colors are beautiful on her but can’t forgive how the best part of the gown is in a puddle at her feet.

13. Catarina_M October 29, 2019 at 2:36 pm #

I love it! I just wish it was fitted to her height, keeping the yellow part.

14. Guest October 29, 2019 at 2:32 pm #

Breathtaking! I don’t even care about the bottom of the dress.