Menu

October 18, 2019 Best Dressed Of The Week

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

NET-A-PORTER's Rain Check

NET-A-PORTER’s Rain Check

Gigi Hadid's Emilia Wickstead Harley Cape-Effect Jumpsuit

Gigi Hadid’s Emilia Wickstead Harley Cape-Effect Jumpsuit

27 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

1. Jess Mara October 21, 2019 at 12:03 am #

Actually a really hard week to pick a favourite but I did love Gugu’s gown and love a man in pink.

2. Guest October 20, 2019 at 10:33 pm #

It was a good poll. Voted for Gugu but Catherine in the Catherine Walker was a close second.
    For the men the very close between William, Michael and Joel, pretty much did in eenie meenie minie mo in my head and picked Michael.

3. Guest October 20, 2019 at 2:08 pm #

I don’t find it hard for me, Gugu is a clear win!

As for men’s, I’m surprised many actually love Joel’s look. Imo that dark pink velvet blazer is just awful! And I don’t think it goes well with black trousers and shoes either. I’d prob give it a pass if he’d chosen dark brown, maroon, or burgundy colour of pants and shoes.

4. Guest October 19, 2019 at 4:48 pm #

Toss-up for me between Andrea and Gugu — they both look divine.

5. alvarospain October 19, 2019 at 7:33 am #

What a hard week! There were lots of good outfits!!

I voted for Katy Perry, but Zoey Deutch, Andrea, Thomasin, Deepika or Rebel were great, too.

Four spots for Duchess Catherine, really?!?!? You should have made a poll with all her looks this week and the winner gets a place in the final BDOTW poll. It makes more sense IMO.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 20, 2019 at 1:54 pm #

yes, I only realised that on Friday, but by then it was too late. Error on my part, because I had no idea which you all loved the most, as they were all received so favorably

• Guest October 20, 2019 at 10:13 pm #

To be fair, while sometimes Catherine does one person poll to go up for BDOTW it’s also not the first time that someone has a great fashion week and multiple looks then get put forward because wide enough amouht of comments have said different looks are their favourite.

6. Guest October 19, 2019 at 6:22 am #

Slightly difficult. But i voted for Catherine in Catherine Walker. Very intelligent design-a perfect modern/western twist on traditional wear. The fit, the colour and best of all the dupatta style front. My next favourites are Catherine in the white chikankari (not mentioned here), deepika ,katy perry and zoey. For men it wasnt difficult–Prince william

7. EloiseH October 18, 2019 at 11:33 pm #

Gugu Mbatha-Raw in Gucci ❤️ and Joel Kinnaman in Todd Snyder ?

8. Guest October 18, 2019 at 11:15 pm #

Some excellent choices here, but it’s absolutely crazy that Tracee Ellis Ross look is on here. My god, what an ugly dress.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 20, 2019 at 1:52 pm #

I personally loved that dress.

I like to make this as diverse as possible. Some people like edgy looks, others like gala gowns. It’s important to appeal to everyone.

• Jess Mara October 21, 2019 at 12:04 am #

I like that you always throw in a few out of the box looks for the BDOTW polls – keep up the good work!

9. Guest October 18, 2019 at 10:59 pm #

Popular opinion – Gugu and Joel.

10. KseniaBradner October 18, 2019 at 10:20 pm #

Helen will win, so I voted for Katy Perry because it suits her but isn’t gimmicky.

11. Guest October 18, 2019 at 6:21 pm #

Super torn between Gugu, Zoey, and Helen, but I honestly just love the color yellow so much so I went for that. But I can’t deny the other two are looking amazing, too.

12. Phee phee October 18, 2019 at 4:21 pm #

Gugu in Gucci. I am just dazzled by it!
    Joel for the men. love that pink.

Love it when theres so many choices in a week!!!

• Jess Mara October 21, 2019 at 12:04 am #

Me too! I don’t like the boring weeks when there is only one standout and the rest are meh!

13. Catarina_M October 18, 2019 at 4:17 pm #

This is so difficult this week!!

14. Guest October 18, 2019 at 4:12 pm #

GUGU

Wow u guys are obsessed with Kate Middleton. A white woman wearing traditional inspired clothes of another country deserves alot of praises? NO

• Guest October 18, 2019 at 6:09 pm #

Couldnt have put it better myself.

• Guest October 18, 2019 at 11:14 pm #

I could see her as one of the choices one time, but four times??

• Guest October 19, 2019 at 6:52 pm #

And she’s not doing anything extraordinary with it. There has been more fascinating royals this week.

• Guest October 20, 2019 at 3:41 am #

Yes, maybe and it is stretch maybe she could have been one of the choices but four is over the top. I would have put none of these looks in the poll but it’s not my blog. That being said, the four choices are splitting her vote and so Kate will probably not get the majority of reader votes. My favorite this week, Lupita in the Michael Kors, is at the bottom of the pack. No choice for the men — not impressed with any of them.

15. _Hannah_ October 18, 2019 at 4:02 pm #

Oh how can you decide between dame Helen Mirren, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Duchess of Cambridge in Jenny Packham.
    At least with men I didn’t have such a problem – Joel wins for me 😉

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 20, 2019 at 1:53 pm #

Very hard.

• Jess Mara October 21, 2019 at 12:05 am #

That was my dilemma too

16. Guest October 18, 2019 at 3:57 pm #

Gugu & Joel! Lots of great choices this week!