Menu

October 17, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Deepika Padukone Has Another Big Tulle Giambattista Valli Haute Couture Moment For The  Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival

Deepika Padukone graced the red carpet of the opening ceremony of  the Jio MAMI 21st Mumbai Film Festival on Thursday (October 17) in Mumbai.

The ‘Padmaavat’ actress likes to take risks on the red carpet.

Things didn’t work out so well during the Grazia Awards back in June, so she raised the bar on this occasion with the M.O. appearing to been to ‘leave a lasting impression.’

Mission accomplished.

Deepika looked both powerful and beautiful wearing a Giambattista Valli Spring 2016 Haute Couture gown.

Was this an upgrade from the lime green GBV tulle gown worn during Cannes?

I think so.  I didn’t find myself nitpicking at this look.

The look is so elegant and endlessly romantic.

I know some of you dislike restrictive off-the-shoulder details, so I’ll be interested to read your comments on this look.

It may sound strange, but I feel that the black contrast prevented this from feeling typically princess-like.

Do you love this, or are you still having big tulle gown fatigue from Cannes?

View this post on Instagram

#jiomamimumbaifilmfestival

A post shared by Deepika Padukone (@deepikapadukone) on

Giambattista Valli Spring 2016 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Varinder Chawla

, , , , , ,

Katie Holmes' Pumpkin Spiced Look For The American Ballet Theatre 2019 Fall Gala

Katie Holmes’ Pumpkin Spiced Look For The American Ballet Theatre 2019 Fall Gala

Day 4: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wears Two New Looks In Lahore

Day 4: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wears Two New Looks In Lahore

14 Responses to Deepika Padukone Has Another Big Tulle Giambattista Valli Haute Couture Moment For The Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival

1. Noor October 20, 2019 at 5:06 am #

Her same pose ruined the smart look at Grazia Awards which I loved the color so much. This is not Deepika wearing a dress. It is the dress wearing Deepika. She looks uncomfortable at every other picture. Posing the same way, keeping the hands front to avoid the layers coming up. Her stylist must tell her that she doesn’t need to go big just because she’s a big star. She can still look beautiful & elegant with comfortable dresses.

And her black & blue polka dress which she wore for the same premiere at 13th look better than this.

2. Guest October 18, 2019 at 4:31 pm #

Reading what you wrote about the black bodice and the straps has brought me round to fully liking the look as is.

3. Guest October 18, 2019 at 8:06 am #

This is surely better than the Cannes extravagant outfit. She looks beautiful. But yes, nothing new from her yet again. This outfit is seen before so many times and maybe even styled in a similar way earlier.

4. Guest October 18, 2019 at 6:31 am #

This is really good!
    Exciting but not extravagant, she makes it her own, and totally pulls it off

5. Guest October 18, 2019 at 6:03 am #

This is good. Makeup and styling is spot on ( though she could have used the bronzer a little less)

6. Vizual Ninja October 18, 2019 at 3:44 am #

I feel like she tries sooo hard but it never really pays off.

7. Guest October 18, 2019 at 3:09 am #

This definitely an upgrade from the two dresses mentioned in the post but that is not saying much. I am one of those who dislike restrictive off-the-shoulder details so of course, I am not a fan of this dress. Anyway, the dress looks is not great. Those pink tiers are making my teeth ache.

8. Jess Mara October 18, 2019 at 1:03 am #

I actually really like this !! No tulle fatigue from me but maybe because we’ve had a wonderful run of divine gowns from Cate, Angelina and Elle that I have wiped all of the Cannes tulle from my mind.

• Paola102 October 18, 2019 at 3:18 pm #

9. Guest October 18, 2019 at 1:01 am #

I hate this.

10. Guest October 18, 2019 at 12:38 am #

Sorry, I feel like we’ve seen this gown million of times by now.

11. KseniaBradner October 18, 2019 at 12:32 am #

I want to see this from all angles, FC, can you buy more photos? I still wish the Angelina Jolie Ralph & Russo custom gown had a back shot (I googled it).

12. Phee phee October 17, 2019 at 11:07 pm #

Anything is an upgrade from that hideous lime green tulle dress haha
    I still dont like this much. This GV tulle thing is just too silly to me.

13. Guest October 17, 2019 at 10:36 pm #

Sorry, tulle fatigue to me.