Menu

October 17, 2019

Day 4: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wears Two New Looks In Lahore

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Visits Lahore

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge visited the Badshahi Mosque on Thursday (October 17) in Lahore, Pakistan.

The Badshahi Mosque is the most iconic Islamic site in Lahore, set in the heart of the Walled City.

Once again, Catherine stepped out looking stylish wearing another green shalwar kameez by Maheen Khan, paired with a matching headscarf.

The Duchess has made a point of sporting Pakistan fashions while on tour. And I feel like the repeat of green – which we all know is her favourite colour – is most likely in celebration of the Pakistan flag.

I had a conversation with someone on Instagram today who feels like Catherine’s looks are a little basic by local standards.

I have said that this week has been a huge education for me, with regards to these traditional dresses, but I also believe that if she is “playing it safe” it must be on purpose.

Anything too wildly extravagant, which isn’t her style anyway, may not have gone down too well with either the locals, or with the Daily Mail readers, who apparently know everything about royals.

Embed from Getty Images
 Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Visits Lahore

Before their visit to the National Cricket Academy, and Badshahi Mosque, the Duke and Duchess flew into Lahore for their fourth day of their tour.

Her white shalwar kameez by Gul Ahmed looks pretty simple until you look notice the rich ivory embroidery which includes a jasmine flower which is the national flower of Pakistan.

The look was styled with a scarf, her trusty Mulberry clutch, and nude Gianvito Rossi pumps.   I’m sure you’ll feel that the nude pumps work better here, than they have with other looks during this tour.

This white look proved to be both stylish and functional for the round of cricket she played with locals later in the day, where her pumps were swapped out for white plimsolls.

Embed from Getty Images

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , , , ,

Deepika Padukone Has Another Big Tulle Giambattista Valli Haute Couture Moment For The Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival

Gugu Mbatha-Raw Gets Her Groove Back In Gucci For The 'Motherless Brooklyn' Rome Film Festival Premiere

Gugu Mbatha-Raw Gets Her Groove Back In Gucci For The ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ Rome Film Festival Premiere

23 Responses to Day 4: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wears Two New Looks In Lahore

1. Los_NGLS October 18, 2019 at 2:28 pm #

At this point I just feel like Catherine is attacking me ???

But anyway, Pakistan is my new favorite country and please can Meghan go next!

2. Guest October 18, 2019 at 11:32 am #

Even if it’s basic relative to locals it’s still a great collection of looks and she shouldn’t be held to same standard when she’s just visiting. That shade of green is gorgeous and goes so with her colouring.

3. Sharon M October 18, 2019 at 11:13 am #

She has gone above and beyond on this trip…extremely well done!

4. MissHebble October 18, 2019 at 9:58 am #

Your Daily Fail comment ? I feel that Catherine has been a breath of fresh air on this tour, striking a perfect balance between respectful and fashion forward. (Caveating this with the fact that I know very little of fashion!) 🙂

5. Guest October 18, 2019 at 9:53 am #

love the colour and the draping in the first look! she looks gorgeous and effortless

• Guest October 18, 2019 at 9:55 am #

(and william looks quite handsome in the second look, doesn’t he?)

6. Catarina_M October 18, 2019 at 8:00 am #

She looks so effortless in those looks. Love them both, but the green (again) wins it for me.

7. Guest October 18, 2019 at 5:55 am #

People think when you have to be fashionable ethnic-wise ( or even western outfit wise), you always have to go for more bling or drama or in other words “go fancy or go home”. Sometimes a simple, not-so- fashionable outfit can be really stylish and bring out the person’s beauty especially if accessorised properly. This tour has been a perfect example of that, and am loving her ( her stylist esp) for it. They are not the trendiest or most fashionable looks but definitely few of her most memorable. And of course, the fact that she looks beautiful (earrings , makeup and hair were on point everywhere). Even better than Princess Di’s Pakistan visit ( I consider Lady Di one of the most beautiful and fashionable).

8. Guest October 18, 2019 at 1:00 am #

Kate has looked amazing on this trip. She is so regal and poised. Every look has been perfection. She and William are so fabulous together.

9. Jess Mara October 18, 2019 at 12:50 am #

This has been the best royal trip that I have seen in a while. She wears all of these looks with such ease and the traditional elements don’t seem out of place or costumey. The choice of colours and local designers has also been a big win.

She is showing such respect and class that I think this tour is going to be a huge success and to top it off – she looks like she is having fun and happy.

10. KseniaBradner October 18, 2019 at 12:31 am #

It’s about effing time Kate wore clothes by local designers…she could support local talent like this rare exception but no, she insists on supporting the same designers over and over.

• Guest October 18, 2019 at 12:44 am #

Really? I remember her wearing local designers quite often, both in the uk and during tours abroad.

11. Guest October 18, 2019 at 12:29 am #

Can we also have Queen Maxima’s outfits from her tour in India featured, they were lovely too. What a brilliant week with two royal ladies delivering such fabulous looks.

• Guest October 18, 2019 at 5:57 am #

+1 . Please Catherine please. The pink sari-inspired one definitely deserves to be featured here.

• Guest October 18, 2019 at 6:42 am #

Yes please!

12. Guest October 18, 2019 at 12:20 am #

I think she’s always dressed very properly. Many people have criticism such as ‘boring’, ‘samey’ about her look, but please do bear in mind that as a royal, she represents an old, conservative institution/tradition. She doesn’t have to and cannot be a fashionista. Also, there are comparisons of her to other European queens(e.g. Queen Letizia or Queen Maxima), but those are queens already, I think they are freer as they are the highest rank, no one dare to boss them around.?

13. Guest October 18, 2019 at 12:13 am #

Your “readers of the Daily Mail” comment made me laugh. So true.

• Jess Mara October 18, 2019 at 12:51 am #

yes I was going to comment about that until i saw your comment. Very amusing Catherine!

14. Guest October 18, 2019 at 12:12 am #

I am not a fan of Kate, I loathed her look when she landed at the airport in Pakistan, but the rest of her looks are very timeless and tasteful. I know there’s always a case of “out of all the things she could have worn”, but these looks are not only basic, but classics here in South Asia. These pics will resonate the same way ten years down the line. Princess Diana’s looks were even more refined and asthetically still hold great relevance within the fast paced fashion here. Princess Diana was/is incomparable, even if Kate took some inspiration for the colours here.

15. Guest October 17, 2019 at 11:35 pm #

I love how naturally she wears these looks, especially the headscarf.
    She and her team really did a great job in honouring and respecting local tradition and culture, while also avoiding to make her look “costumey”
    It’s seems like a masterclass in diplomatic dressing

• Jess Mara October 18, 2019 at 12:50 am #

I agree

• Guest October 18, 2019 at 6:30 am #

You described it perfectly!
      TA!

16. Phee phee October 17, 2019 at 10:58 pm #

This trip has been wonderful for her fashion-wise. I just love the first one. that color on her and the draping is so beautiful.
    The white is nice. Not near exciting but it still pretty.