Menu

October 14, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Katy Perry David Lynch Foundation's Silence The Violence Benefit

Katy Perry wore two looks for the David Lynch Foundation’s ‘Silence the Violence’ benefit held at The Anthem on Friday (October 11) in Washington, DC.

Red Carpet:  Picking up the puffy off-the-shoulder trend we saw at the Emmy’s, some might feel the detail on this Alon Livne floral dress is of comic proportions.

I think they add a fun addition to a slightly matronly looking fabric.

Katy Perry David Lynch Foundation's Silence The Violence Benefit

Performance: Before taking to the stage to entertain the crowd, the singer blew me away in this Carolina Herrera Spring 2020 gown.

Inimitable romance is expressed in the delicate chiffon, pink lining and playful polka dots.

Everything about it screams modern fairytale princess.

While I low-key wish Fan Bingbing would’ve got her hands on this first, Katy’s graceful outing has me adding this to my BDOTY list..in pencil.

Katy Perry David Lynch Foundation's Silence The Violence Benefit

I know some of you won’t be a fan of styling with the bejeweled headband, but what’s a Katy Perry look without some frivolous aspect?

Carolina Herrera Spring 2020

Credit: Paul Morigi/Getty Images, Vogue & Instagram

Shop the look

, , , , , , ,

Gugu Mbatha-Raw Goes Canary Yellow For The 'Motherless Brooklyn' New York Film Festival Premiere

Gugu Mbatha-Raw Goes Canary Yellow For The ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ New York Film Festival Premiere

Rowan Blanchard Rocks Giuseppe di Morabito To The Tiffany & Co. Celebrates Launch Of New Tiffany Men's Collections

Rowan Blanchard Rocks Giuseppe di Morabito To The Tiffany & Co. Celebrates Launch Of New Tiffany Men’s Collections

16 Responses to Katy Perry’s Rocks Two Gowns To The David Lynch Foundation’s Silence The Violence Benefit

1. Guest October 18, 2019 at 6:57 pm #

The Carolina Herrera gown is stunning. One of the most beautifully crafted gowns I’ve seen.

2. Guest October 16, 2019 at 1:52 pm #

Both looks are good but the hair colour makes her look like a doll, and not in a good way

3. Paola102 October 15, 2019 at 3:22 pm #

The second look is gorgeous. Not too cartoony as Katy has a tendency to do. It’s a beautiful dress.

4. Sharon M October 15, 2019 at 11:44 am #

I like both looks but the second is fantastic…best ever for Katy!

5. Noor October 15, 2019 at 8:55 am #

Both the dresses are beautiful. I prefer the first beauty look. Still she looks like a doll.

6. Phee phee October 15, 2019 at 5:06 am #

The first is just bad. from h2t. She looks ridiculous.

the second dress is glorious…..I wish someone else had worn it. Someone who wouldn’t of dumbed it up with childish accessories.
    The accessories dont even look right with the dress. They look like they belong with a bridal dress.
    Shame though, cause that dress is beyond stunning. I am saddened.

And her hair color is just not good for her. She needs to go back to dark.

7. SarahS95 October 14, 2019 at 10:39 pm #

That second looks is one of the best for Katy I’m blown away!!

8. Guest October 14, 2019 at 5:31 pm #

I really want her to go back to her black hair color

9. alvarospain October 14, 2019 at 5:23 pm #

The second look goes to my BDOTY list.

10. KseniaBradner October 14, 2019 at 5:12 pm #

Katy’s hair color, texture and pounds of makeup are so bad this era however the Carolina Herrera gown is DELIGHTFUL and perfect on her.

11. Guest October 14, 2019 at 4:50 pm #

The Herrera dress is stunning but I don’t like Katy’s makeup and I hate the hair color. The first dress reminded me of Little Bo Peep.

12. Guest October 14, 2019 at 4:18 pm #

The Herrera is beautiful, it’s one of Katy’s best looks in a while but I wish that shade of blonde, someone such as Emmy Rossum in it would have been a firm top 3 BDOTY.
    I’m not a fan of the hairstyle and the shoes with the first look either and wish the sleeves fit was better.

• Phee phee October 15, 2019 at 5:03 am #

Ooo ya. Emmy is a perfect pick!! great choice

13. Catarina_M October 14, 2019 at 2:57 pm #

I love the second look h2t, even with the OTT headband and earrings.

14. Guest October 14, 2019 at 2:54 pm #

2 amazing looks.

She looks fantastic in both looks.

I love the huge sleeves on the first dress. Every woman looks good in an off shoulder dress with ballon sleeves

The second look is very Katy Perry with the polka dots . Very playful and whimsical.

Glad she has gotten ride of that awful aging pixie cut.

15. CharlotteLG October 14, 2019 at 2:51 pm #

I don’t like the first dress, the second one is gorgeous.
    Her styling is a bit much, the earrings were enough IMO, no need for the headband. Still, it’s a great look.