Menu

September 15, 2017 Runway To Red Carpet

Posted by Catherine Kallon

While we expected Beyonce Knowles and Rihanna to bring the drama on the red carpet for the 3rd Annual Diamond Ball benefiting The Clara Lionel Foundation on Thursday (September 14) in New York City, it was actually Cardi B who stole the limelight.

The singer glided down the red carpet wearing a Christian Siriano Resort 2017 gown imbued with whimsical femininity.

While the gown was fit for a ball, do you think should not have upstaged the host?

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Glenn Close In Zac Posen - 'The Wife' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Glenn Close In Zac Posen – ‘The Wife’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

The Hollywood Reporter And SAG-AFTRA Inaugural Emmy Nominees Night

The Hollywood Reporter And SAG-AFTRA Inaugural Emmy Nominees Night

20 Responses to Cardi B. In Christian Siriano – 3rd Annual Diamond Ball Benefitting The Clara Lionel Foundation

1. charlotte September 17, 2017 at 12:12 pm #

I don’t think she necessarily upstaged anyone with the terrible makeup and wrong hair,plus the dress is a blunt copy of Zac Posen

2. AnnaP September 16, 2017 at 12:51 pm #

Just the wrong person for this dress – she doesn’t look classy at all.

3. Kelly September 15, 2017 at 7:59 pm #

Cardi lacks presence and some jewels would have really set this off.

4. Pedro September 15, 2017 at 7:40 pm #

She looks FANTASTIC!

Get it Cardi B

5. Mimi September 15, 2017 at 5:03 pm #

I’m pretty sure Rhianna wouldn’t have any problem upstaging anyone, anywhere, any time so I think what she’s wearing is appropriate and I think she looks great

6. Carolina September 15, 2017 at 3:52 pm #

Well if she upstaged the host it’s certainly not to fault of her own. Rihanna should’ve stepped up her game. This picture doesn’t quite do justice how gorgeous Cardi looked last night

7. Maria F. September 15, 2017 at 3:12 pm #

i actually do not know who Cardi B. is, so in a way, yes it is too much dress for her. If you are not A-list dresses like this come off as try hard.

8. Marie September 15, 2017 at 3:08 pm #

I actually think the upstage the host thing is much too subjective, you can’t dress down in anticipation of the host appearing in a fashion-disaster.

That said, I don’t think this is really working like it should. I’m not sure if it’s too long or just in need of some ironing, but it does look like she is sitting down in this picture with the big creases along the hemline. And that is just a big no, a Zac Posen pieces live from their sharpness, and creases always bring them from hero to zero faster than you can blink.

Also, I think this is a serious case of the gown wearing the wearer. She doesn’t bring anything to this look, least of all personality. Everyone will remember her dress, but no one will remember her face and that’s not how good fashion works.

9. Pheephee September 15, 2017 at 3:02 pm #

Meh. Its fine I suppose. I fail to feel much about it though. I don’t know why. Lacking presence maybe?

10. meme September 15, 2017 at 2:50 pm #

This is a copy of a Zac Posen gown and it’s been done a thousand times plus it doesn’t fit her properly.

• JHH September 15, 2017 at 7:14 pm #

• Jerusa Herrera September 15, 2017 at 9:08 pm #

Unfortunately but true

• Pingo September 17, 2017 at 8:15 pm #

What does the Zac Posen original look like? Can you provide a link? Just curious

11. Nat39 September 15, 2017 at 2:48 pm #

The top was sitting way too low on her voluminous bust, and yeah I think it’s ott.

• Schoolbea September 15, 2017 at 9:28 pm #

The way the top sits is distracting to me, too.

I agree that this feels like too much.

12. Alina September 15, 2017 at 2:31 pm #

This is too much of a gown for her and for the event. This dress was made for a festival and for someone much taller. Karolina Kurkova comes to mind.

13. faellie September 15, 2017 at 2:30 pm #

Yeah, if you are invited to a ball then you have every right to go all out on the dress and the hostess needs to look out for herself if she cares more about herself than her guests. This is glorious.

14. AnderBoBo September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm #

She looks beautiful, and it’s not her fault Rihanna dropped the ball (pun intended) at her own ball.

• Catherine Kallon September 15, 2017 at 2:29 pm #

LOL.. this really made me LOL

15. Caroline September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm #