Menu

June 26, 2019

LOVE Ball III

The Love Ball III took place in Gotham Hall on Tuesday (June 25) in New York City.

Billy Porter:  Iconic red carpet looks and Billy Porter continue to go hand-in-hand.  The actor was serving up a sunshine yellow custom Francis Libiran matador style look which I love for all its unapologetic flamboyancy, but he kinda lost me with the hat and the makeup.

LOVE BALL III

Janet Mock:  The best-selling author rocked a Prabal Gurung sequin and silk wrap dress from the Pre-Fall 2019 collection,  that was part sensual, part-disco diva.  The hair helps sell the sass appeal of this look to me.   This was perhaps my favourite look from this event.

Nicky Hilton Rothschild: I always associate the socialite with gala gowns (and Valentino), so this mini Oscar de la Renta Fall 2019 dress was a nice change of pace. I just wish she opted for strappy sandals rather than the nude Louboutins.

Mary J Blige: The singer was as flamboyant as ever, and it looks like she got the big hair memo, rocking an Elie Saab Fall 2018 look that pretty much had her name written all over it.

Credit: BFA

Shop the look

, , , , , , ,

Carey Mulligan Was Chic In Black For Bvlgari

Carey Mulligan Was Chic In Black For Bvlgari

Jordyn Woods x boohoo.com

Jordyn Woods x boohoo.com

6 Responses to LOVE Ball III

1. Guest June 27, 2019 at 2:32 pm #

Catherine – did you see the dress he wore inside the event? I think it’s the same Christian Siriano dress Iman wore to Love Ball Arabia!

2. _Hannah_ June 27, 2019 at 11:23 am #

For the first time I think I really don’t like Billy’s look. It’s to much of everything, the contrast between the suit and shoes is to harsh for me, and this hat…
    I like Janet Mock’s and Nicky’s looks. Mary’s is bit to wintery for me.

3. Guest June 27, 2019 at 9:28 am #

Nicky looks best!
    Mary J Blige Looks like a hot mess

4. Guest June 27, 2019 at 8:54 am #

Billy’s suit is interesting but all the rest (makeup and hat) is awful. The last time I saw him, his suit was supposedly inspired by female reproductive organs. This hat looks like it was inspired by a bladder.
    Nicky looks okay — would have been fantastic with other homes. Mary J should stop doing whatever it is she is going with her hair. Janet’s dress is lovely (I own it and it is lovely leaning to boring) but you have to put in work to make it be as revealing as she is wearing it.

5. Phee phee June 27, 2019 at 1:00 am #

I kinda like Nickys look. Its mostly the color. Its so lovely.
    The styling is good although she shoulda chose different shoes, but these are not off-putting.
    I love billy…but this is a bit too much fabric…and the hat is ug.

6. OGCaroline June 26, 2019 at 11:14 pm #

Is Nicky Hilton the only one who actually looks decent? Yikes.