Menu

June 24, 2019

Cardi B Peforms At The 2019 BET Awards In Custom Bryan Hearns

Cardi B Peforms At The 2019 BET Awards In Custom Bryan Hearns

Cardi  B skipped the red carpet at the 2019 BET Awards, as she opened the show with her hit songs ‘Clout’ and ‘Press.’

If you thought chaps were a thing of the past, you’ll be wrong, as they made up part of Cardi’s custom Bryan Hearns hunter green outfit which also included a caged bodysuit covered in crystals worn with military inspired crop puff sleeve top.

Would you class this as an upgrade or downgrade from the expected leotard?

Embed from Getty Images

Later on in the show she picked up Album of the Year for her 2018 debut album, ‘Invasion of Privacy.’

Cardi was visibly excited to receive the trophy wearing a custom Nicolas Jebran Swarovski crystallized lime green gown.

The only thing I found myself warming to was the colour and the netting within the exposed neckline.

Embed from Getty Images

The final look from Cardi B on the night was courtesy of Fausto Puglisi.  I am surprised it has taken so long for the matching boots and dress combo from the designer to take so long to hit the red carpet.  I was sure Katy Perry would’ve rocked this by now.

Between the colours and quirky signature sun embellishments, this suits her cartoon-ish persona.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , ,

Rihanna Dons Fenty Leather At The 2019 BET Awards

Rihanna Dons Fenty Leather At The 2019 BET Awards

Ella Mai Steps Out In A Neon-Green Suit For The 2019 BET Awards

Ella Mai Steps Out In A Neon-Green Suit For The 2019 BET Awards

21 Responses to Cardi B Peforms At The 2019 BET Awards In Custom Bryan Hearns

1. Jess Mara June 25, 2019 at 12:03 am #

Some very sad and tacky looks here. Those chaps are so unflattering.

2. Guest June 24, 2019 at 6:12 pm #

She is vulgar and tacky and her ugly clothes reflect that.

3. Guest June 24, 2019 at 5:10 pm #

My very, very first thought that shot through my brain was ‘Thanks, I hate it!’
    I guess I could find myself living with the Fausto Puglisi, the others are just – a big, fat ‘no’ from me.

4. Phee phee June 24, 2019 at 4:38 pm #

Oi. no. those are some bad sad looks.
    I like the color of the last two but wow. tacky.

• Jerusa04 June 25, 2019 at 3:45 am #

5. OGCaroline June 24, 2019 at 4:21 pm #

The performance look is an ok look for a hip hop performance. The other two are cheap and tacky.

6. smi97 June 24, 2019 at 4:13 pm #

cartoonish persona? since when has this website become a critique of people’s personalities and not their clothes/style? i can get quirky, bubbly, etc. cartoonish definitely has a negative connotation to it. and to say it based on their red carpet appearances is tragic.

• Guest June 24, 2019 at 4:31 pm #

I do not understand what is negative about saying that she is cartoonish persona .Do not take everything so seriously.

• Kat June 25, 2019 at 9:22 am #

I’m sure the site has made similar comments around Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj. These performers are often portraying a character. It’s not meant as an insult

7. Guest June 24, 2019 at 2:03 pm #

The first two are so vulgar and naff. The last one is tacky but I kind of like it for her but her boob job looks ridiculous.

• Guest June 24, 2019 at 2:41 pm #

8. Guest June 24, 2019 at 2:01 pm #

Cartoonish but not in a good way!

9. Guest June 24, 2019 at 1:56 pm #

Let’s face it, all her ridiculous costumes are something she would have worn in her previous “career”.

• Guest June 24, 2019 at 3:47 pm #

Who are you to look your nose down at someone for being or having been a stripper?

• Guest June 24, 2019 at 7:08 pm #

Ugh…here we go.
      She is now in the public eye, and a role model to a lot of young girls and women. Would you be comfortable with your own daughter aspiring to be like her? And yes, I am talking about the stripping, but I am also talking about the indictments, criminal activity, bragging about having drugged her clients and robbed them? Yeah…I thought so.

• Guest June 24, 2019 at 9:20 pm #

Being a stripper isn’t the same as or equate to doing criminal activity. Between some women find themselves in jobs that they don’t necessarily plan or desire and that some are women might genuinely enjoy, you’re not better than her because she her clothes off to get by. I in No way condone the criminal aspects or bragging about it, but the getting out and pursuing something that she is passionate and breaking records at the same is something more admirable than sneering at keypad

• Guest June 24, 2019 at 10:27 pm #

I never once said I was better than her.

• Guest June 25, 2019 at 5:48 am #

I didn’t say you said those words but you sneering at her former profession in condescension.

• Kat June 25, 2019 at 9:14 am #

Being a stripper is a real job / career. Putting quote marks around “career” makes it seem sarcastic. Quite a few celebs were strippers (Lady Gaga, Chris Patt, Channing Tatum, Brad Pitt, Javier Bardem). It’s a real job that I’m sure is very challenging and requires skills, sass and bravery.

I don’t think Cardi B is a very nice person, but that’s not related to the fact she was a stripper.

And I don’t think all celebs try to be (or are) role models for children. I think a Gaga/Cardi B comparison makes this clear. Both are former strippers, both continue to wear very revealing costumes, but one has a criminal background and does not market to kids (Cardi) while the other markets to kids and tries hard to promote equal rights and self-acceptance, and to fight bullying (Gaga).

10. CharlotteLG June 24, 2019 at 1:33 pm #

This woman is so tacky, she makes Kim K looks classy.

• Guest June 24, 2019 at 2:02 pm #