Menu

2019 Cannes Film Festival Best Dressed Readers' Choice

2019 Cannes Film Festival Best Dressed Readers’ Choice

Jennifer Lawrence Was Pretty In Pink For The Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic

Jennifer Lawrence Was Pretty In Pink For The Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic

10 Responses to 2019 Cannes Film Festival Best Dressed Critics’ Choice

1. Jess Mara June 4, 2019 at 1:54 am #

I think the Fanning girls saved Cannes from being a complete bore this year.
    Lovely to see Isabelle Huppert and Helen Miren on the list.
    Wonderful coverage as always Catherine

2. Guest June 4, 2019 at 12:23 am #

Elle’s Gucci was dramatic and I did like it (mostly due to her glamorous styling and outstanding carriage) but for #1 looks WAY too cheap, sorry, all that fabric and color…cheap once again (!), just confirms how underwhelming Cannes were this year. #9 and #10 don’t look very worthy to me at all.

Elle’s bold Dior and Zhang Ziyi’s red Atelier Versace stand out to me here.
    One of those occasions when Readers’ list looks perfectly compatible or not in any way worse than Crictic’s one.

3. Phee phee June 3, 2019 at 9:44 pm #

I just adore that Gucci dress of Elles. She looked so regal and dramatic. theres nothing I dont like about it.
    Elles Dior with the hat I just cannot like. Maybe if the the skirt and hat were the same color. idk.
    I dont understand peoples love of Isabelles look. It was horrid against her skin color. the shininess was lovely but the dress silhouette was rather dull.

I think Cannes was lovely.
    Anyways, great coverage! Thanks so much Catherine for everything you do! Your the best!

4. Guest June 3, 2019 at 5:01 pm #

Great pick. Elle is that gucci gown is gorgeous!

5. Guest June 3, 2019 at 4:47 pm #

Pick number 1 is one of my least favorite from Cannes. Good to see Zhang Ziyi getting some recognition for a lovely look.

6. Guest June 3, 2019 at 2:10 pm #

Seeing the best list reminds me what snooze Cannes was this year, as I’m not sure I’ll remember most of the looks.

7. Guest June 3, 2019 at 1:57 pm #

Elle fanning twice?LOL the obsession is real. I can manage the Gucci even tho it makes her look older than her age but that ridiculous Dior outfit, HELL NO.

Isabelle huppert should be number 1.

Julianne Moore metallic and pink dress
    should be on the list.

Jasmine Tookes in Georges Chakra Couture should also be on the list, replace her with kendall Jenner.

No single black person on the list SMH.

• Guest June 3, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

You know taste is subjective, right?

• Guest June 3, 2019 at 6:13 pm #

8. CharlotteLG June 3, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

I’m surprised not to see Sonam Kapoor in Ashi Studio Couture in your list.
    Isabelle deserves a higher spot IMO, otherwise it’s a good list.
    With this list we may forget that Cannes wasn’t as good as expected this year.