Menu

Michelle Rodriguez made her 2019 Cannes Film Festival debut at the ‘Once Upon a Time In Hollywood’ premiere on Tuesday (May 21) in France.

As the actress often gravitates towards more streamlined silhouettes, I was quite surprised to see her channel her own take on a princess moment.

Joining the other white statement looks of the evening, including Sonam Kapoor, Dakota Fanning, and Camila Morrone, she floated in wearing a Rami Kadi Spring 2019 Couture ball gown.

With the feathery wisps and off-the-shoulder mini-cape, the look floated about with a distinct fairy-tale romance.

Did you like this direction from Michelle?

Rami Kadi Spring 2019 Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Chloe Sevigny In Miu Miu - ‘Once Upon a Time In Hollywood’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Chloe Sevigny In Miu Miu – ‘Once Upon a Time In Hollywood’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Zhang Ziyi In Zuhair Murad - ‘Once Upon a Time In Hollywood’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Zhang Ziyi In Zuhair Murad – ‘Once Upon a Time In Hollywood’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

18 Responses to Michelle Rodriguez In Rami Kadi – ‘Once Upon a Time In Hollywood’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest May 22, 2019 at 11:07 pm #

The dress is beautiful. I do wish her hair would have been up.

2. Guest May 22, 2019 at 6:17 pm #

It’s a beautiful gown, but very bridal, and very princessy. Neither of which seems to suit her style. I’m torn because she ventured way out of her comfort zone, but in the end she just can’t sell this look successfully. BTW, note to all stylists at Cannes, a gown needs to be more than just BIG to be beautiful.

3. OGCaroline May 22, 2019 at 1:32 pm #

I love it.

4. Guest May 22, 2019 at 1:01 pm #

Hi katherine , this look nauseating you aswell? Second hand disappointment , i tell you

5. NZ May 22, 2019 at 11:29 am #

If you’re going to wear a dress like this at least do some effort with the hair and makeup.

6. Guest May 22, 2019 at 9:41 am #

This is not her dress and she was chomping on gum while walking the RC.

7. Charlotte2019 May 22, 2019 at 6:30 am #

Michelle girl….
    THIS AIN’T YOUR DRESS.

pls give it back to Priyanka Chopra

8. Guest May 22, 2019 at 6:04 am #

Rami Kadi gowns are splendid, starting with one of the most gorgeous gowns worn by Jessica Jung at the opening. I don’t even mind the bridal feel, it’s Cannes – all drama goes, as long as it’s a grand well presented striking piece. As far as this particular look goes, it’s yet another beautiful gown from Rami Kadi, it’s just that Michelle doesn’t have enough grace or finesse to sell it.

9. Guest May 22, 2019 at 5:40 am #

Good effort on the dress. Wish she had done the same neck up.

10. Jess Mara May 22, 2019 at 5:10 am #

I feel like i would have loved this in any colour other than white. Still trying to like it but it’s too bridal. Sorry

11. Phee phee May 22, 2019 at 2:59 am #

Bridal. sighhhh. again.
    I wish she tried something darker/edgier…more in tune of how people see her. This just isn’t quite working.

12. Vizual Ninja May 22, 2019 at 2:42 am #

I agree with the others, I really want to like this because it seems so far out of her comfort zone but still just not buying it on her. I’m also over all this bridal inspired wear on the Cannes carpet.

• Guest May 22, 2019 at 2:49 am #

Totally agree, I’m glad it’s not just me that has “bridal wear” fatigue from Cannes.

• Guest May 22, 2019 at 11:09 am #

“I’m also over all this bridal inspired wear on the Cannes carpet” True dat, underscored, bolded, with italics.

13. Guest May 22, 2019 at 2:02 am #

It’s not her style and it is too bridal.

14. Guest May 22, 2019 at 1:36 am #

I too am not used to seeing Michelle in these princess/bridal look. I don’t love this on her probably because he hair and beauty look are so dated. Plus, I am not a big fan of feathers and they seem to be everywhere at Cannes this year.

15. Guest May 22, 2019 at 12:54 am #

Perhaps I’m pigeonholing but I don’t buy princess on her. I find it funny that all these designers (mostly middle Eastern?) have come up with the same kind of gowns at the same time for Cannes. At least Etro were doing their own thing.