Menu

May 1, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

The Hollywood Reporter’s Empowerment In Entertainment Event

The Hollywood Reporter’s Empowerment In Entertainment Event

Here is a roundup of some more looks from The Hollywood Reporter’s Empowerment In Entertainment Event 2019 held at Milk Studios on Tuesday (April 30) in Los Angeles, California, which was also attended by Alicia Keys, Selena Gomez and Laura Harrier.

Eiza González: The actress may have nailed the menswear trend of the week: the turtleneck, while, like Charlize Theron, giving her bangs their red carpet debut, but this wool BOSS suit feels so heavy for the current season.

Kiersey Clemons: All those asymmetric layers, pleats, studded shoulder detailing and contrasting green sandals makes this one of my favourite Gucci looks from the Fall 2018 collection.  There’s a lot going on, but Kiersey stood up to the challenge.

Lea Michele: Perfect light-weight and chic, I feel like this Galvan Fall 2019 suit was let down when Lea opted not to tailor to trousers to a length that didn’t drag on the floor.

Gucci Fall 2018
Galvan Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , ,

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Halsey Has A Blue & Lace Moment At The 2019 Billboard Music Awards

Halsey Has A Blue & Lace Moment At The 2019 Billboard Music Awards

9 Responses to The Hollywood Reporter’s Empowerment In Entertainment Event

1. Guest May 2, 2019 at 6:07 pm #

How did Lea Michelle not fall flat on her face wearing those ridiculously long trousers?

2. Guest May 2, 2019 at 6:14 am #

I only like Eiza’s outfit.

3. Phee phee May 2, 2019 at 12:32 am #

Eiza looks sharp. Fall sure but its good.
    Keirsey has a terrible dress on, and terrible fitting too. It just looks so matronly and the color is quite lame.
    Leas outfit gives her strange proportions. The fit is odd.

4. OrangeClover May 1, 2019 at 8:03 pm #

A suit to a women’s empowerment event? Feels far too safe and boring for me and tbh missed the point. Women’s empowerment should be celebrating who you are not trying to conform to a stereotype or make yourself seem more masculine.

For this reason Kiersey wins my vote.

• Vizual Ninja May 1, 2019 at 8:37 pm #

Well said!

• Guest May 1, 2019 at 9:34 pm #

counterarguement may be that skirts worn women have been worn forever and being feminine has been long expected so trousers still can a sign that pants aren’t exclusively Male just as business isn’t and made just rad especially when mixed with heels and worn sans blouse.

• Guest May 1, 2019 at 10:03 pm #

I totally agree that suits can be great my comment is more that the outfits are out of character for both Eiza and Lea. They’re dressing up in a stereotype for the event rather than being true to their style. I had to look back to January last year to find Lea featured here in trousers.

• Guest May 1, 2019 at 10:17 pm #

I won’t deny that a theme wasn’t part of the thinking of the outfit l. Wearing a dresses/skirts several times over the past year doesn’t mean pants are genuinely part of her wardrobe repertoire.

5. Guest May 1, 2019 at 7:10 pm #

Eiza’s look feels autumnal but I still like it. Kiersey looks likes she’s wearing her a throwback from her mom’s closet but in a fabulous manner. I wish Lea’s pants were smidge shorter but I think she looks good too.