Menu

May 1, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Marsai Martin continued to show her sweet, yet grown up style at The Hollywood Reporter’s Empowerment In Entertainment Event on Tuesday (April 30) in Los Angeles, California.

The ‘Little’ star has already developed a knack for selecting youthful, modern styles that appeal to the inner (or outer) sass in all of us.

This Jovani dress is a perfect example, as it’s defined by a sculpted drama-induced waterfall ruffle, which offsets the sleek hourglass look.

Is it weird for a old gal like me to covet the style of a 14-year-old?

I hope not, because I want this look from head to her metallic Schutz sandals.

Jovani

Credit: Jovani & Getty

, , ,

Zoe Saldana Highlights Houndstooth For Jhpiego's Los Angeles Gala

Zoe Saldana Highlights Houndstooth For Jhpiego’s Los Angeles Gala

Chrissy Teigen Sets A New Style Standard At The 2019 City Harvest Gala

Chrissy Teigen Sets A New Style Standard At The 2019 City Harvest Gala

9 Responses to Marsai Martin In Jovani – The Hollywood Reporter’s Empowerment In Entertainment Event

1. Guest May 2, 2019 at 1:49 pm #

I know that she is not your typical kid. Let’s face it she was the executive producer of her last film – at 14 years old. She looks great but I can’t help but think this is a bit too adultish for her 14 year old self.

2. Guest May 2, 2019 at 6:07 am #

It’s not weird that you covet her style because this dress is so NOT for a 14 y-o. Her stylist is struggling to dress her in youthful outfits.

3. SarahS95 May 2, 2019 at 12:13 am #

Love this from H2T!! That colour is to die for

4. Guest May 1, 2019 at 7:45 pm #

I think at any age this would be a fun and flattering choice. Im a bit put off by the eyeshadow – at first I thought it was the rim of some glasses it stands out so prominently. The rest of the styling is great.

5. Guest May 1, 2019 at 5:54 pm #

U are 14 years old. Dress and act like a 14 year old Go out and play in the pack, go to mall and hang out with ur friends, Being an adult is not fun.

6. Guest May 1, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

I think this dress is a little old for Marsai which is not to say that she does not look good in it. It’s just I would like something a bit different and more youthful for her.

7. Phee phee May 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm #

What a fabulous dress.
    Its not weird, Catherine, to covet the style lol.
    Its a great dress and great styling.
    She’s young, and thats a grown up dress but I don’t find it unsuitable for her. Its not showing the t&a of a kid so I more than accept this.

8. Guest May 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm #

Marsai looks chic. I love the color and design of her dress. Her styling is on point too.

9. Guest May 1, 2019 at 1:28 pm #

It’s totally a grown woman dress but it does look inappropriate on the young Marsai.