Menu

March 5, 2019

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Amanda Wakeley - The 50th Anniversary Of The Investiture Of The Prince of Wales

The Queen hosted a reception at Buckingham Palace to mark 50 years since Charles became the Prince of Wales today (March 5), with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in attendance.

You’ll be happy to learn that Meghan opted for a British designer for the occasion.

The Amanda Wakeley coat worn over a rather festive silver and gold brocade dress, was teamed with her trademark nude Paul Andrew pumps and clutch by Wilbur and Gussie.

Is it one of her more exciting looks?

No, but it was the perfect look to honour and mark the event at the palace.

Credit: Getty

, ,

Front Row @ Giambattista Valli Fall 2019

Front Row @ Giambattista Valli Fall 2019

Lily James In Petar Petrov - Into Film Awards

Lily James In Petar Petrov – Into Film Awards

44 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Amanda Wakeley – The 50th Anniversary Of The Investiture Of The Prince of Wales

1. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

It is aprópiate for the event. She looks polished!!

2. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

Very nice

3. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

Love the look on her! Great with her skin tone.

To those asking why she kept the coat–pregnant women are often a bit worried that they seem too wide or that their backside looks overly big–and with a dress that color and a short, boxy silhouette, its easy to see why she would be worried. So the coat creates a slimmer look and covers the butt area. That’s my guess, speaking from experience!

4. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

I’m really fastinated by her tepid embrace of Bristish fashion. I would love to read an article by you exploring it and it effects. Do you know anyone, that you like, that’s written something like this?

5. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

The fit is great however I think the fabrication is a bit dressy for the occasion.

6. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

7. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

I agree!

8. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

Love this.

9. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

Event appropriate but pretty forgettable. The pattern of the dress makes her look very matronly. The shoes seems to be too big on her.

10. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

I remember the last time she took off her coat for some event and underneath was the most unfortunate, poorly fitting, super tight floral dress. It wasn’t even possible to defend considering she is presumably owns a mirror. So if that’s what this brocade dress looks like under that coat, I can only be glad that she kept it on.

11. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

Agreed. I personally think brocade is a bit much for a daytime event but yes, at least it looks like it fits her this time. One of the benefits of her setting the bar so low, I guess lol.

12. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

Probably the best I’ve ever seen her look. It is event appropriate, it fits, it isn’t wrinkled, and it isn’t see through. Such a low bar but I guess you take what you can get.

13. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

Why in the world wear a coat indoor for a function? Makes the whole look out of place in my opinion. The dress print is wrong for the occasion as well. Gold foil wrapping paper is all I think of.

14. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

She looks great. Modern, chic and event appropriate. On another note – glad to hear the royal family issue some standards for posting on Meghan and Kate’s posts on their sites. The amount they both but especially Meghan get is sickening.

15. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

I like this brocade dress a lot. The styling is meh and the panty hose bring down the entire look. They are very apparent in other photos.

16. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

She looks great but I wish she hadn’t worn the coat. She didn’t really need it since it was an indoor reception and I don’t think it matches the dress. I’m loving the dress though, great choice!

17. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

18. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

The dress and the coat are lovely. The shoes and the bag are not.

19. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

I’m not a fan of the shiny fabric of the dress and I agree with Leah about the coat

20. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

That clutch feels out of sync but it’s a nice solid look even if I wish it were in a brighter colour scheme to feel less Camilla’s outfit and more for Meghan.

21. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

Pretty look. Event appropriate.

I feel like the look would have felt bare without the coat. She must like it because it’s her 3rd rewear. It’s light (in terms of color and texture).

22. Robyn March 6, 2019 at 5:55 pm #

23. Aideen March 6, 2019 at 1:11 am #

24. Kay CW March 6, 2019 at 12:45 am #

Love the look on her! Great with her skin tone.

25. Dhppy March 5, 2019 at 9:58 pm #

Very nice

26. Celia March 5, 2019 at 7:28 pm #

It is aprópiate for the event. She looks polished!!

27. brat March 5, 2019 at 6:47 pm #

28. Laura March 5, 2019 at 5:59 pm #

29. Joy Taylor March 5, 2019 at 5:41 pm #

30. Alison March 5, 2019 at 5:12 pm #

• MW March 5, 2019 at 9:38 pm #

She needed to loose the coat though, it’s weird to wear one inside during a party

• Alison March 6, 2019 at 4:16 am #

• Suzanne March 6, 2019 at 7:47 pm #

31. Nat123 March 5, 2019 at 4:16 pm #

32. Caroline March 5, 2019 at 4:11 pm #

Love this.

33. justme March 5, 2019 at 4:07 pm #

Pretty look. Event appropriate.

• Susie March 5, 2019 at 4:20 pm #

• AnnieOh March 5, 2019 at 4:38 pm #

• AnnieOh March 5, 2019 at 4:38 pm #

I agree!

34. TeaAtTwo March 5, 2019 at 3:50 pm #

35. olga March 5, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

36. meme March 5, 2019 at 3:30 pm #

The dress and the coat are lovely. The shoes and the bag are not.

• Andrea March 5, 2019 at 7:22 pm #