Menu

12.02.19 Premiere

Priyanka Chopra In Vivienne Westwood Couture – ‘Isn’t it Romantic’ LA Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Priyanka Chopra In Vivienne Westwood - ‘Isn’t it Romantic’ LA Premiere

Priyanka Chopra attended the premiere of ‘Isn’t It Romantic’ on Monday (February 11) in Los Angeles, California.

I’m not entirely sure this will go down well with the majority, but I do love this Vivienne Westwood Couture draped corset gown decked in pale pink sequins and gold floral jacquard, as it beautifully mixes East and West influences.

It a typically ballsy Westwood look, so this piece needed a woman with a commanding presence to pull it off, which Priyanka has.

I’m going back and forth with the fit of the bodice, but we have to remember that Westwood does cut to a “cup runneth over” style.

Thoughts?

Bronzed Jimmy Choo ‘Minny’ sandals completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 Grammy Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 Grammy Awards?

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Miley Cyrus In Valentino - ‘Isn’t it Romantic’ LA Premiere

Miley Cyrus In Valentino – ‘Isn’t it Romantic’ LA Premiere

40 Responses to Priyanka Chopra In Vivienne Westwood Couture – ‘Isn’t it Romantic’ LA Premiere

1. Allison February 14, 2019 at 6:47 pm #

I love the colours on her but honestly, this dress is hideous. It’s way too tight in the bodice, the waist is too short, and the bunched up skirt is very 90s. It really is a disaster … and ill-fitting, stumpy, dated disaster.

2. J February 13, 2019 at 7:09 pm #

I normally love Westwood, but this is a miss. Her makeup looks great and I like the sandals.

3. Rebecca February 13, 2019 at 10:10 am #

Just not flattering.

4. Adrian February 13, 2019 at 3:42 am #

Makes no sense

5. JHH February 13, 2019 at 2:30 am #

Priyanka = gorgeous
    Dress = extremely unpleasant

6. Pratyush February 12, 2019 at 8:34 pm #

This does not work on her. the skirt makes her look fat and shapeless.

7. olala February 12, 2019 at 8:20 pm #

I hated it at first, but it is growing on me. And the make up is beyond beautiful.

The cup doth runneth over, but it seems like Chopra is going for that lately. Remember her suit at Jimmy Fallon, where she wore all of her cleavage?

8. Susannah February 12, 2019 at 8:17 pm #

I’m sort of embarrassed to say that I like this dress a lot. I don’t know why really but I like the whole look from the awkward bodice to the weird draping! I think it’s the beauty of the gold, floral skirt that’s drawing me in, it’s so lovely it just seems to make the whole dress work.

9. kane February 12, 2019 at 7:06 pm #

I guess I like the print of the skirt?!

10. brat February 12, 2019 at 6:34 pm #

I completely agree with you, Catherine.

I hate this dress and I think I would hate it on anyone else. The colors and textiles look good on her and Priyanka has the presence and charisma to pull it off. This “cup runneth over” bodice is typical of Vivienne’s designs.

Her makeup artist is incredible and she wears color so very well. Her beauty looks are always a delight.

11. Ritika February 12, 2019 at 5:29 pm #

I love this on her! Didn’t think this would be so polarising

12. Zing February 12, 2019 at 5:05 pm #

I suppose our comments goes through filter before being posted, but I see vicious comment being posted here. Am not sure if it’s done in good taste, but I feel, it violates hat your website stands for. What is this taking the son to premiere comment doing when the website is purely about fashion?

• Catherine Kallon February 12, 2019 at 7:11 pm #

Hello, the comments are not monitored, but I do read them all at the end of the day to ensure they haven’t crossed a line.

I think the son comment was supposed to be a joke

• Zing February 13, 2019 at 10:35 am #

Hello Catherine, am delighted that you replied. It’s just that I look forward to every fashion outing in your website and respect it. Whenever I have seen trolls, in good taste or bad, I have seen it not being tolerated over here and also you personally reprimanding your readers strictly to stick to comments based on fashion and nothing else. While I’d also like to believe that it was made in good taste, but I still think it doesn’t have got to do anything in this platform. With all due respect, I wish my fellow readers would just stick to fashion related comments. She already is trolled a lot over this issue and let us not make this another platform for it. Thank you!

• MissCoco February 13, 2019 at 11:57 am #

Catherine, I’m just here to say you have a though audience. Some posts only contains haters. There are countless times when from the bottom of my couch I find myself thinking why the people feels entitled to write with such hate about a celebrity, with a team behind, wearing couture (!!), and looking because of that far better than more mortals. If they have creases? Hate. Or a pant too long? Hate. Or some new or bold style or colour? Hate. I can’t with such comments

• The original AB February 13, 2019 at 2:38 pm #

I agree that commenting on the age difference is unnecessary( if a man was 10 years older than his wife nobody would say anything), but everything you mentioned, creases, pants length, style and colour are fashion related.So if you express a dislike of something a celeb is wearing you are a hater? Not so, we our just expressing our own tastes. You should be able to do that on a fashion blog without being labelled a hater. If that is too much for you than maybe this is not the site for you.

• meme February 13, 2019 at 2:45 pm #

BTW I despise the term “hater”. Just because one doesn’t like what someone is wearing, doesn’t make them a “hater.” Everyone is so sensitive about everything. I thought the comment being referred to was funny.

13. tweed February 12, 2019 at 4:01 pm #

This isn’t her dress. Horrible proportions and fit. Too bad since the textiles sing beautifully against her skin.

• Eni February 12, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

14. saira February 12, 2019 at 3:49 pm #

I actually hate everything about this dress.

Only saving grace is the make up.
    What on earth compelled her to choose this?

15. Anne-Marie February 12, 2019 at 3:29 pm #

I’m terribly sorry but she looks huge in this dress and her chest looks like it’s going to explode any minute.

From the neck up she looks very beautiful, make up is wonderful.

16. meme February 12, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

There is nothing good about this dress. My boobs hurt just looking at it.

17. JessNess February 12, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

how sweet, she took her son to the premiere

• meme February 12, 2019 at 3:20 pm #

😂😂😂.

• JennS February 12, 2019 at 4:17 pm #

meow

18. justme February 12, 2019 at 2:52 pm #

The dress is ugly. There’s nothing Priyanka could have done to save it.

19. Laura February 12, 2019 at 2:48 pm #

I can’t decise what I hate more the tortured bodice or the mess of the high low skirt. She did not deserve this.

20. kat February 12, 2019 at 2:46 pm #

Looks like a rare day off for Westwood. Her bodices normally don’t look cheap or ill-fitting. The fabric of the skirt is gorgeous and I wish the whole dress had been made of this – with a better designed bodice.

21. OFF/THE/RECORD February 12, 2019 at 2:21 pm #

Her makeup artist definitely needs a raise & an award! Her face is always glowing and her eyes always have a play of color’s!

The dress unfortunately is utterly bad for any frame. Priyanka pulls it only & only through her vibe & personality!

• brat February 12, 2019 at 6:36 pm #

• Sarah February 13, 2019 at 2:10 am #

22. TeaAtTwo February 12, 2019 at 2:12 pm #

This is ghastly. She’s isn’t but this look is.

• TeaAtTwo February 12, 2019 at 6:38 pm #

I think this shall be a WDOTY contender.

23. Caroline February 12, 2019 at 2:11 pm #

A WDOTY of the year look for me. Everything is wrong.

24. Lashae February 12, 2019 at 2:08 pm #

This looks so sloppy, very last place on Project Runway sloppy.

It also makes her look like she hiding a pregnancy (even though I don’t think she is).

• laurie February 13, 2019 at 8:37 pm #

I thought that too. Boobs are the first things that get bigger.

25. NZ February 12, 2019 at 2:01 pm #

She’s a beautiful woman but I don’t like this at all. The bodice is too tight and it looks like two completely separate dresses sewed together, it all looks very comical.

• gabriela February 12, 2019 at 2:32 pm #

• aa February 13, 2019 at 7:42 am #

26. Vizual Ninja February 12, 2019 at 1:56 pm #

From the bodice to the awkward draping, the dress is just messy to me. I like her sandals and of course her beauty look is great, as usual.