Menu

Regina King In Valentino – 2019 AFI Awards

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Regina King In Valentino - 2019 AFI Awards

Regina King wore her second Valentino outfit (and third overall) in two days, for the 2019 AFI Awards today (January 4) in California.

I wasn’t at all mad about the autumnal hues of her Valentino Spring 2019 look – we are in the Fall season after-all – but I did find myself not loving the choice of boots.

Yes, tan boots wouldn’t have worked either. I’m thinking more along the lines of Malone Souliers ‘Mika’ sandals.

Thoughts?

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Emily Blunt In Altuzarra - 2019 AFI Awards

Emily Blunt In Altuzarra – 2019 AFI Awards

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Danai Gurira In Gabriela Hearst - 2019 AFI Awards

Danai Gurira In Gabriela Hearst – 2019 AFI Awards

8 Responses to Regina King In Valentino – 2019 AFI Awards

1. The original AB January 5, 2019 at 8:37 pm #

I really like this, very elegant.

2. Caroline January 5, 2019 at 4:08 pm #

I love it, head to toe.

3. TeaAtTwo January 5, 2019 at 10:54 am #

She looks nice in the outfit but I agree about the black boots, I don’t mind boots but I wish they weren’t black, something dark brown or burgundy would have been much better. Those Mika sandals suggested are gorgeous.

4. Hailey January 5, 2019 at 2:23 am #

I love this outfit, boots and all! Valentino is really working for Regina, I wonder if she’ll wear the brand to the Golden Globes.

5. CreoleLady January 5, 2019 at 1:23 am #

I really like this but agree, the boots aren’t quite right. When you suggested sandals, I was like *wha..?” but then I looked at the Mikas. Those are HOT. Leave it to FC to know exactly what’s best. You oughtta be a stylist.

• Sarah Kay January 5, 2019 at 5:43 am #

+1 Same exact thought process re: the sandals. Those Mikas are amaze. FC why you’re not a stylist yet is beyond me. I remember your old style series where you had your outfits photographed and your styling is always impeccable head to toe.

• Catherine Kallon January 5, 2019 at 5:50 pm #

You guys are so sweet. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

It is a very hard job. I have seen some stylists at work and believe there is a LOT of politics involved and several layers of people involved from the publicists to the agent, to the boyfriend/husband/family.

• meme January 6, 2019 at 1:59 pm #