Menu

02.01.19

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge & Meghan, Duchess of Sussex - Christmas Day Church Service

Welcome back to RCFA.

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.

Before we kick start awards season on Sunday with the Golden Globe Awards, let’s go back to Christmas Day where the royals attended a church service on the Sandringham Estate in King’s Lynn, England.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge: Looking as regal as ever, Catherine didn’t disappoint with her latest look, which consisted of a red Catherine Walker coat – which she also owns in green. Opting to match the look with her Mulberry ‘Bayswater’ clutch, gloves and burgundy Gianvito Rossi heels, I love how the hybrid hat / headband gave this look some retro flare, and how the silver brooch shaped like a leaf added a touch of sparkle.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex: The Duchess looked in great spirits as she walked to church, smiling happily at the crowd. This was her second year joining in, but first as a full-fledged member of the royal family. Meghan kept things simple wearing a navy Victoria Beckham dress and coat, styled with a feathered Awon Golding Vika fascinator, and Victoria Beckham ‘Power Box’ bag. Many of you had been disappointed that Meghan hasn’t really embraced British designers, so perhaps this look is a catalyst for change going into 2019.

Credit: Getty

Kat Graham's Dundas Embroidered Chiffon Mini Dress

Kat Graham’s Dundas Embroidered Chiffon Mini Dress

The Post-Party Detox

The Post-Party Detox

20 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge & Meghan, Duchess of Sussex – Christmas Day Church Service

1. Caitlin January 6, 2019 at 4:31 am #

HNY 🙂

Kate just keeps getting better and better!

2. Lola January 3, 2019 at 11:46 pm #

I prefer Meghan’s look here, very modern and polished! Kate looks dated and matronly.

• The original AB January 4, 2019 at 8:48 am #

3. SilentVisitor January 3, 2019 at 2:27 pm #

Happy New Year to you all! Have a lot of posts to catch up on.

DoC: Good color; neck down she looks great; neck up: the person who did her makeup should be fired; it aged her

DoS: this is a VB inspired look; color could have been better; I need those boots and her coat. I will raid her coat closet

4. Olivia January 3, 2019 at 10:49 am #

Happy New Year Catherine!! I’m so glad to have you back! You were very missed over the break but I hope you had a great time celebrating!

5. cs January 3, 2019 at 2:42 am #

WELCOME BACK! Sooner than I expected, although I have been checking daily! Hope you had a great holiday!

6. Caroline January 2, 2019 at 11:21 pm #

I love both though I wish Meghan had worn a different colour.

7. phee January 2, 2019 at 9:18 pm #

Katherine looks terrific! Love the red. She pretty much looks flawless here.

8. Fanny January 2, 2019 at 8:51 pm #

I really like both looks. Meghan’s fascinator is beautiful.

9. Hélène January 2, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Kate looks regal! Love it

10. justme January 2, 2019 at 8:23 pm #

Happy new year everyone!

Aw look at Meghan trying to help Victoria Beckham with her sales lol. In all seriousness, it was a pretty look. I haven’t lusted after a VB item in years but those boots did it. I need them.

Catherine’s style is too stewardess from the fifties for me. But if she likes it, I love it.

11. eddie January 2, 2019 at 5:22 pm #

welcome back
    wish you all the best for 2019

12. TeaAtTwo January 2, 2019 at 4:37 pm #

Happy new year. Hope it’s great for you and all. Plus hoping for more great fashion. I like things about both looks, glad to see Meghan wearing something with a more British connection and Catherine looks nice in dark red though she’s done the 40’s feel before.

13. Vizual Ninja January 2, 2019 at 4:00 pm #

Happy New Year everyone and to you FC, wishing you a prosperous year! They both look great; I prefer Catherine here just a bit more because of the colour which comes off as more festive. I love Meghan’s fascinator and boots too.

14. meme January 2, 2019 at 3:53 pm #

Happy New Year, Catherine and thanks for this fabulous website!!!!!

I love Kate’s look. MM looks like she’s going to a funeral.

15. dedel January 2, 2019 at 3:46 pm #

HAPPY NEW YEAR CATHERINE !!

(Btw I much prefer the green version of Kate’s coat)

16. brat January 2, 2019 at 3:36 pm #

Yay! I was waiting for this post. A much better showing than last year for both Duchesses.

Catherine looks like retro perfection and this is a surprisingly sharp look for Meghan. VB is a good look for her, the tailored minimalism especially. I like all of her separates, particularly her coat and bag.

17. miszzel January 2, 2019 at 3:34 pm #

Welcome back, Catherine! All the best in 2019 and thanks again for your incredible work in 2018, you’re really one od a kind.

This time I think they both look good! Kate stands out more in a regal way, because, well, she’s going to be the Queen one day, while Meghan looks chic, simple and – sic! – quite polished.

• meme January 2, 2019 at 4:44 pm #

Queen Consort. The title of Queen regnant is reserved for women who become monarchs by birthright.

• miszzel January 2, 2019 at 4:55 pm #