Menu

05.12.18

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Smythe – Cyprus Visit

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Smythe - Cyprus Visit

Following yesterday’s festivities at Kensington Palace, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrived at RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus to meet the servicemen and their families living at the base on Wednesday (December 5).

I’m sure since her Erdem frock back in October, it hasn’t escaped your notice that Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, has had somewhat of a mini style overhaul, and that continued today as she arrived in Cyprus wearing trousers, much to the surprise of those of us who like to keep a close eye on the royal’s wardrobe.

Over the years she’s been partial to a pair of skinny jeans, but she’s never been seen in a smart wide-leg pair of trousers for a public engagement.

Her tailored olive blazer by Canadian brand Smythe, aptly called the ‘Duchess Wool Blazer’, was styled with navy Jigsaw trousers and an ivory knit top.

We’ve grown tired of the nude L.K. Bennett heels, so I was delighted to see her opt for a fern green pair which matched her clutch.

All in all, it has been a very good 24 hours style wise for Catherine.

I think I love this look more than the previous. Only because refreshing change of direction once again, and the impeccable way in which she presented this look.

Methinks someone has a new stylist.

Smythe Duchess Blazer

Credit: Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the BBC One's 'Les Miserables' Photocall

BBC One’s ‘Les Miserables’ Photocall

Chanel Pre-Fall 2019 Red Carpet Wish List

Chanel Pre-Fall 2019 Red Carpet Wish List

24 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Smythe – Cyprus Visit

1. Caroline December 7, 2018 at 3:14 pm #

WOW WOW WOW one of her best looks ever.

2. TinaL December 7, 2018 at 4:42 am #

Love it, modern yet chic, she looks great, head to toe perfection.

3. TeaAtTwo December 6, 2018 at 9:35 am #

We’re sure this isn’t a doctored picture? She’s had some nice outfits but I don’t recall her looking so modern and chic. Even though it’s not a big occasion this goes in her hall of fame and one look I don’t mind if she repeats.

4. Cris December 6, 2018 at 8:42 am #

This looks lacklustre to me and quite boring to be fair. We’re only getting excited because of who is wearing it….I don’t think the trousers fit very well. I would’ve pulled them up a little bit more, to highlight the waist, and pick a different colour for the blazer. This would have been a good outfit for any woman who works in an office…including me. Nothing special though.

• Jerusa Herrera December 6, 2018 at 12:50 pm #

Agreed 100% buuuuuuuuuut for the Duchess this is groundbreaking!

5. yumey December 6, 2018 at 8:14 am #

Love the look from head to toe! She looks lovely!

6. Katey December 6, 2018 at 8:05 am #

If we hide her head I would believe it is Meghan. Similar style…

• CreoleLady December 6, 2018 at 10:20 am #

Yes, right out of the Duchess of Sussex style book.

• olga December 6, 2018 at 12:04 pm #

How so? The jacket is a rewear, she’s often worn trousers in official engagements and she’s been wearing this style of pumps for a while now. So is anyone with wide-leg trousers copying Meghan now? I would have said it’s a classic piece in a woman’s wardrobe, but you learn something new everyday, I guess. So was Meghan taking inspiration from Kate when she wore skinny trousers and a blazer in Australia? Come on, it’s ridiculous.
        And it’s not like Meghan has a distinctive style: if we really must talk about copying (which to me is something so stupid and immature among adults), all her good outfits are like sloppily executed copies of Queen Letizia’s.
        I’m sorry for the rant, but these comments are everywhere on social media and they are getting annoying. Besides, they mainly come from Meghan’s stans, who think they’re supporting their supposed feminist idol while fomenting a misogynistic narrative about a non-existent rivalry between the two duchesses.

• Mila December 6, 2018 at 12:15 pm #

Omg, your comment is everything! Perfect explanation. I hate this imaginary rivalry and the fact that everything the Dutchess of Cambridge does now has to do with Meghan.

She was already an individual before Harry and Meghan’s engagement, she was already working in many social causes, she was already wearing pants and trousers sometimes and many of the “rules” they keep saying Meghan broke were already broken for years, not only by Kate, but by Diana or sometimes even by the Queen herself!

Meghan is great, Kate is great, there’s no copies or anything, they’re two different people who have their own tastes. Sure, tastes change with age (thank goodness) and both dutchesses will hopefully experiment new things.

• TeaAtTwo December 6, 2018 at 3:44 pm #

I agree- the ‘she’s trying to copy her’ ‘Kate/Meghan does it better’ type comments are annoying and unnecessary. Neither invented fashion and both are equal individuals.

• justme December 6, 2018 at 6:47 pm #

I hope that you were this outraged about the misogyny when Kate fans were propping her up over Meghan on KP social media pages for months. Otherwise, this is next level hypocrisy.

• CreoleLady December 7, 2018 at 12:07 am #

I seem to have touched a nerve. Nevertheless, per FC’s description, the slacks are a surprise for a public engagement of this type. Others may have a different opinion, but to me the look is right out of her sister in law’s style book. Thanks for sharing your difference of opinion.

And by the way, I didn’t say everyone wearing wide leg pants is copying Meghan’s style. Only Kate, lol.

7. Amy December 6, 2018 at 7:43 am #

I like. She looks chic, comfortable and smart. This is what I want from her: modern pieces

8. phee December 6, 2018 at 2:56 am #

Oooo she looks great in this. Such a simple yet completely different look for her.
    I still prefer her previous look cause it was just so flawless and the seasonal color was divine.
    But wow, she wears these pants well. Love it!
    I really hope these looks mean its a new fashion game for her.

9. Jas December 6, 2018 at 2:16 am #

She looks very chic. Perfect tailoring and great colours.

10. Eva December 6, 2018 at 2:13 am #

I really love this look on her. The blazer is a rewear, but you wouldn’t know as it looks so crip here ! Her legs look a mile long.
    All in all, it feels like she’s had a lot of wins since returning from maternity leave.

• brat December 7, 2018 at 4:35 pm #

11. Fee December 6, 2018 at 12:10 am #

This looks great on her and I hope she retires those aging coatdresses in favour of more youthful and modern looks like this from Herron.

12. pinksugar December 5, 2018 at 11:43 pm #

I always think Kate looks chic and ladylike, but this ‘makeover” is very welcomed. Much more young and fresh for her.

13. Leah December 5, 2018 at 11:38 pm #

She looked amazing these past 2 days! It’s really refreshing to see her try new things!

She also looked stunning at the Diplomatic Reception last night!https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/g25400347/kate-middleton-queen-elizabeth-diplomatic-reception-buckingham-palace-photos/

• Catherine Kallon December 6, 2018 at 11:37 am #

Thanks. Not sure how I missed this.

Post is live now x

14. Lauren December 5, 2018 at 11:36 pm #

She has worn trousers once before to an engagement. They didn’t fit great (not near as well as these do!) but they weren’t skinny jeans.

Her gown last night was absolutely breathtaking. I’m surprised there’s been no post on here about it yet! It’s my favorite of the pst 24 hours, even with her looking this good at this event and the Christmas party yesterday.

• Eva December 6, 2018 at 2:08 am #

+1 I am also hoping we will get FC’s take on her sparkly gown from last night’s reception!