Menu

Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge Opens The V&A Photography In Erdem

Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge Opens The V&A Photography In Erdem

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attended the opening of the V&A Photography Centre at Victoria & Albert Museum on Wednesday (October 10) in London, after she became the Royal Patron of the V&A in March 2018.

For her first visit in the role, the Duchess wore an Erdem Spring 2018 dress.

I have to say, this is easily her best look in the last 3 or 4 years.

The look is very elegant, and dare I say modern.

I can finally say I that I love the styling, which included Bordeaux velvet Jimmy Choo ‘Romy’ pumps, clutch and sash.

You may remember that Carey Mullgian wore this same dress back in November last year, with accessories that didn’t make nearly the same impact.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

PORTER's Incredible Women Gala 2018

PORTER’s Incredible Women Gala 2018

‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ New York Film Festival Premiere

‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ New York Film Festival Premiere

35 Responses to Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge Opens The V&A Photography In Erdem

1. VG October 12, 2018 at 12:45 pm #

This is probably one of her best looks ever! It’s a gorgeous dress, it fits her like a glove and the styling is perfect! Love!

2. Amy October 12, 2018 at 5:22 am #

She finally looks her age. This is nice, elegant and MODERN.
    Great look

3. Caitlin October 12, 2018 at 4:29 am #

I do love this, but I’m going to gripe that I wish she’d worn her hair up so we could see that gorgeous neckline 🙁

4. Fee October 12, 2018 at 4:16 am #

I preferred this on Carey but it is definitely one of Kate’s better looks.

5. CreoleLady October 11, 2018 at 11:08 pm #

Love.

6. Fanny October 11, 2018 at 9:23 pm #

Great look! I love the grey together with the purple. Perfect for the season and the occasion.

7. faellie October 11, 2018 at 5:41 pm #

I’m trying to work out what is so improved about this, and I think one of the things is that textured fabrics suit Catherine so much better than smooth or shiny. The colour lifts her, too.

8. Eva October 11, 2018 at 4:20 pm #

As Catherine often repeats ensembles, as she should, it is a treat to see her in a new look. And this is one I won’t mind seeing again! She looks stunning. This is so fitting for a artsy/historic event, the cut is perfect for her figure, the styling (especially the pumps!) is on point… BDOTW!

• Amanda F October 12, 2018 at 3:59 am #

• Jas October 12, 2018 at 8:10 am #

9. olga October 11, 2018 at 4:15 pm #

Gorgeous! The dress fits her like a glove (as usual) and I love the burgundy accessories.
    I liked reading about the backstory of this Erdem collection and its connection to the Queen.
    The neckline reminds me of the red Preen dress she wore a few years ago, one of my favourite looks of hers.

10. AnnieOh October 11, 2018 at 4:15 pm #

She looks amazing. Definitely her best look in ages!

11. SilentVisitor October 11, 2018 at 3:03 pm #

She actually looks modern………this is her best look in a very long time. I think she wore it best than Carey

As far as calling it best fashion royal of the year, I think that’s taking it way too far but I guess just like MM has her fans, KM does hers too….lol

12. Lee Ann October 11, 2018 at 3:02 pm #

Whilst the dress is lovely ( I bought it) she as usual styled it wrong . The velvet shoes are too heavy for the length and material of the dress. But from waist up she looks the best I had ever seen her

13. Phee October 11, 2018 at 3:02 pm #

Gorgeous dress. Love the color of the shoes and belt. Stunning and best look for her in years for sure.

14. meme October 11, 2018 at 2:33 pm #

I love this H2T. Kate looks fabulous in this very excellent dress. One of the best things she’s worn in a long time.

• Lashae October 11, 2018 at 9:44 pm #

15. Anna October 11, 2018 at 2:16 pm #

Totally agree!! Whole styling is really good, best she has worn in years.

16. Fiona-Brasil October 11, 2018 at 1:51 pm #

H2T gorgeous!

17. Crystalline October 11, 2018 at 1:32 pm #

She’s opulent and perfect! The dress is very flattering, and the waistband and the shoes elevated the look to a whole new level. Her hair is also styled perfectly. She set the bar high for other British Royals.

• brat October 11, 2018 at 4:48 pm #

She is polished and immaculate as usual. The fit really sells this look, as it’s flawless from every angle and I remain in awe of her tiny waist, 6 mos after her third child. I can’t believe I love this tweed dress but I do. Carey looked terrible in it.

Kate needs to loan whoever tailored this dress to Meghan.

18. Ann-Marie October 11, 2018 at 1:30 pm #

Absolutely stunning, love it from head to toe. Just oozing elegance and class.

Also the new hair colour really suits her, makes her look younger (?) not sure if it’s a correct word to describe the difference though as she’s not that old to begin with.

BDOTW!

19. Cris October 11, 2018 at 1:27 pm #

She looks great, indeed, but I wouldn’t exaggerate…
    Between her and Carey, I like Carey’s presentation better. It looks more feminine to me. This is to matchy matchy.
    But good for her for switching things up a bit. Hopefully she’ll continue to do so.

20. Sarah October 11, 2018 at 1:22 pm #

It’s lovely, flattering and well-accessorised. Not sure about the ruban belt, but the velvet shoes are great with the dress!

21. Pedro October 11, 2018 at 1:21 pm #

Wow! Her best look in a VERY long time.

The best british royal fashion moment of the year! BDOTW

22. Lara October 11, 2018 at 12:58 pm #

Easily her best in a very long time. Beautiful, well-co-ordinated look. My favourite part is actually those stunning earrings.

23. Kimma October 11, 2018 at 12:46 pm #

Best royal fashion moment of the year – wedding included!

• Iva October 11, 2018 at 2:09 pm #

24. TeaAtTwo October 11, 2018 at 12:44 pm #

It’s very her but doesn’t feel dowdy and actually quite interesting.

25. Annie. October 11, 2018 at 12:22 pm #

Oh Wow. I think it’s the first time in years that something Catherine wore inspired that reaction in me, but this is perfect and breathtaking. The styling, how the dress is lined in the same color as the shoes and the ribbon belt… Perfect