Menu

Michelle Obama In Emilia Wickstead – ‘Becoming’ London Book Tour

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the Michelle Obama In Emilia Wickstead - 'Becoming' London Book Tour

Despite having a laptop, PC, iPad and iPhone all waiting in line to purchase tickets for Michelle Obama’s talk to promote her bestselling book ‘Becoming’ at The Royal Festival Hall in London Monday (December 03) – as did my sister and two friends – we all missed out on this once-in-a-lifetime event.

Yesterday I was waxing lyrical about how much I loved her post-office style, but unfortunately I couldn’t get on board with this white jumpsuit from Emilia Wickstead’s Resort 2019 collection.

I just can’t get past the high placement of the belt.

And I’m not sure I like the trousers either.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the Victoria's Secret Viewing Party

Victoria’s Secret Viewing Party

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the KiKi Layne In SAFIYAA - 'If Beale Street Could Talk' New York Photocall

KiKi Layne In SAFIYAA – ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ New York Photocall

14 Responses to Michelle Obama In Emilia Wickstead – ‘Becoming’ London Book Tour

1. bisbee December 5, 2018 at 1:21 pm #

I love her in white…I agree that it makes her stand out. As for this outfit…it is not terribly flattering, but she tends to wear clothing that sometimes exaggerates the shape she has…she is not trying to hide the fact that she is pear-shaped and short-waisted. I respect that.

2. Caitlin December 4, 2018 at 11:58 pm #

Those are some wonky proportions

3. Karen December 4, 2018 at 10:48 pm #

She is a typical ‘pear’ so anything like this would make her look even more disproportionate. Maybe she aspires to be Kim K’s competition…

4. TeaAtTwo December 4, 2018 at 3:35 pm #

The belt is placed weirdly high on the model too.

5. TeaAtTwo December 4, 2018 at 3:34 pm #

The pants look so unflattering here, makes her look out of proportion.
    Whoever was in charge of getting a venue for her talk should be fired, a much larger capacity venue should have been booked.

• justme December 4, 2018 at 5:28 pm #

Her promoters severely underestimated her popularity outside of the US. Even in Paris, the place they booked for her isn’t enough compared to the demand. Hopefully, they’ll change it for the rescheduled date.

6. justme December 4, 2018 at 3:08 pm #

All of her promo tour looks (so far) have been unflattering.

7. James December 4, 2018 at 2:47 pm #

I love Michelle’s style but this is horrible and unflattering. She needs to stop with the belt. She is extremely tall so I don’t get her stylist’s obsession with them.

8. meme December 4, 2018 at 2:35 pm #

What an awful, unflattering outfit. Why is she always wearing white?

• CreoleLady December 5, 2018 at 9:55 am #

“Why is she always wearing white?” Aside from looking good in the color and the suffragette connection, I wonder if wearing white simply makes it easier for her to be seen in large venues. A literal beacon of light in a dark world.

She is a “pretty pear” but extremely short-waisted, which this outfit emphasizes to her detriment esp when standing.

9. Vizual Ninja December 4, 2018 at 2:34 pm #

Agreed, the proportions are all off because of the high placement of the belt. I think it would’ve made a huge difference if it were lower

10. Linda Evans December 4, 2018 at 2:28 pm #

I love her style and looking forward to reading her new book.

11. Lashae December 4, 2018 at 2:25 pm #

Love Michelle but this outfit is so laughable. The way pants are shaped and the placement of the belt are just a big NO.

12. Lee Ann December 4, 2018 at 2:24 pm #

I am not a fan of any of her clothes . She wears belts that make her look huge- the black belt was especially wrong . I love her as a person and respect her greatly but wish she would dress more for her figure .