Menu

Paloma Faith In Dolce & Gabbana – Professor Green’s Birthday Party

Paloma Faith In Dolce & Gabbana - Professor Green's Birthday Party

Paloma Faith helped Professor Green celebrate his 35th birthday party at Ten Trinity Square Private Club on Saturday (December 1) in London.

The singer isn’t known to play it safe, so this Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2018 green brocade shawl collar suit with pink trims comes as no surprise.

The surprising part is that she didn’t wear the coat too.

While I like playful styling with the polka dot socks and Gucci metallic pink mules, the Hiller Bartley fringed bag, even for Paloma, was one accessory too much. It just doesn’t make sense here.

Hiller Bartley Lantern Fringed Leather Clutch

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Dakota Johnson In Givenchy Haute Couture - 2018 Marrakech International Film Festival : Day Two

Dakota Johnson In Givenchy Haute Couture – 2018 Marrakech International Film Festival : Day Two

Michelle Obama Promotes Her New Book In New York City

Michelle Obama Promotes Her New Book In New York City

12 Responses to Paloma Faith In Dolce & Gabbana – Professor Green’s Birthday Party

1. AL December 4, 2018 at 10:24 am #

Super tacky!!!

2. Caitlin December 3, 2018 at 10:05 pm #

I love this and I love her, but I wish she’d veered away from the runway styling. Different top maybe, or lose the socks and change the shoes to gold metallic pumps.

I actually don’t mind the bag, it’s a boudoir lampshade and her suit is brocade and lounge-y with chinoiserie elements, so for me it works ­čÖé

3. Ksenia December 3, 2018 at 6:23 pm #

I love Paloma for her personality, music, and style and this is very up her ally. I wonder how celebrities will navigate wearing Dolce& Gabbana now that they have been exposed as racists (they’ve always been racist misogynists, that’s nothing new) but the China scandal made it front page news.

I am sure she and her stylist had planned her schedule and looks at least a month in advance, so this is bad timing. I wonder how she will proceed with her D&G alliance from now on.

• Noemi December 4, 2018 at 2:32 pm #

I read an article about the fact that Dolce&Gabbana is not being boycotted by many celebrities. The theory? They simply don’t know or care. Karl Lagerfeld has always spoken misogynist and politically incorrect words and he’s still at his place.

I think that people simply don’t boycott according to what other people want.

• Ksenia December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #

I worry that is the case. The issue really is what the celeb thinks will affect their brand. The reason I brought it up is because Paloma is very active on social media and an intersectional feminist; she would have totally heard about it. She would care that the brand she’s worked with for a decade are racist. I know Karla Welch hasn’t dressed her girls in Dolce in a long time. Chrissy Teigen spoke at one point about not wearing Dolce anymore after their petridish babies comment a few years ago. Zoe Saldana spoke out in support of Dolce & Gabbana, which she can afford to because unlike most actresses, she doesn’t really have an identifiable brand like Paloma or Chrissy or Karla.

I think celebs really should care, because their Chinese fanbase cares, and there is much money to be made from China. Hollywood has been kissing China’s ass the last decade. Chinese money basically runs Hollywood and major corporations in every big city.

4. phee December 3, 2018 at 5:54 pm #

Nope. She looks silly.

5. TeaAtTwo December 3, 2018 at 3:39 pm #

Her messy hair and the bag are minuses to rest of the look, which I actually think works well.

• Vizual Ninja December 3, 2018 at 4:17 pm #

6. Caroline December 3, 2018 at 3:37 pm #

Ridiculous as usual.

• meme December 3, 2018 at 3:56 pm #

I concur. D&G design some extremely hideous clothes.

• JHH December 3, 2018 at 4:40 pm #

• JHH December 3, 2018 at 4:44 pm #

Paloma and Anna Della Russo should have a competition.