Menu

18.10.18

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Dion Lee & Martin Grant – Australia Tour Day 3

Meghan Markle In Dion Lee & Martin Grant - Australia Tour Day 3

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry embarked on the third day of her 16-day, 72-engagement tour on Thursday (18 October), attending a series of events in the Australian metropolis of Melbourne.

Opting to wear her smart Martin Grant trench again, there was also a familiar feeling about her navy custom made Dion Lee dress styled with navy pumps and Shaun Leane jewels.

You may remember on the eve of her wedding, she wore a very similar navy dress with a draped detail from Roland Mouret.

While this is great exposure for Dion Lee, this reminds me of the moment when Duchess Catherine wore Christopher Kane.

The link is that neither presented looks seemed true to their edgy aesthetic.

It also looks like the 3 outfit changes a day may have been exaggerated by the press.

Credit: Getty

Jenna Coleman In Emilia Wickstead - MIPCOM 2018 Opening Ceremony

Jenna Coleman In Emilia Wickstead – MIPCOM 2018 Opening Ceremony

Virginia Gardner In J. Mendel - 'Halloween' LA Premiere

Virginia Gardner In J. Mendel – ‘Halloween’ LA Premiere

26 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Dion Lee & Martin Grant – Australia Tour Day 3

1. Caitlin October 24, 2018 at 1:40 am #

Omg FC, did you see the blue SAFiYAA gown she wore in Fiji??? I am absolutely in awe. You could’ve knocked me down with a feather – it’s COLOUR, it’s a perfect fit, and the design is super modern and so sophisticated. The only look MM has presented that’s worthy of the heavenly praise heaped on her by her stans. I hope you feature it <3 <3

2. Kathy October 20, 2018 at 3:06 am #

LOL I’m more than a little embarrassed to be sharing a name with the person down there who seems to be a cult member in disguise. This dress is fine, it gets the job done, and it’s a nice silhouette. Nothing more to be said, as far as I’m concerned.

3. Jas October 19, 2018 at 3:02 am #

OK back to talking about her actual outfit. I think it’s really nice. Someone else commented that she is their style inspiration for work wear and I would totally agree – I don’t know if that’s a good or a bad thing.
    Also, Meghan pregnant looks like me on a good day…

4. emerson October 18, 2018 at 8:28 pm #

because she’s gained both weight and inches (circumference) since her wedding. If you compare the how the Roland Mouret dress fit her body pre-wedding vs Queen of the World, Meghan would not only be uncomfortable but look rediculous.

5. SilentVisitor October 18, 2018 at 4:31 pm #

She really dresses like people who work in my world; Dark + Navy and Grey and some purple and dark green/olive

She is another Angelina Jolie……..always in dark colors

I hope she start experimenting with another color palette. This is way too professional; Is that a bad thing given her role? I don’t know but at least the silhouette is very modern

Everything neck up is amazing; she is very beautiful…..

• SilentVisitor October 18, 2018 at 4:44 pm #

starts* experimenting

6. olga October 18, 2018 at 3:44 pm #

The comment section of Duchess Meghan’s posts has become absurd: it’s just useless to discuss rationally about her outfit choices in a context where she’s considered like a special creature worth of being worshipped.

• brat October 18, 2018 at 6:37 pm #

The sycophantic praise is OTT and absurd. She’s the best, smartest, most stylish, most brilliant, most loving, most kind, most giving, most authentic, the most beautiful, the most graceful, etc. She can bake banana bread! She evens hold her husband’s umbrella, a true trailblazer for all married women.

I was very excited about the prospect of Meghan marrying into the BRF as I’m American and biracial myself. But the sycophants are determined to annoy the world with their Meghan worship, they same way the Beyhive is insufferable with their idol worship.

7. James October 18, 2018 at 3:42 pm #

I want SOME COLOR! Enough already! Even Angelina Jolie does more color than her and she rarely ever does 😀

8. Vizual Ninja October 18, 2018 at 3:29 pm #

She’s becoming my work fashion inspiration. Most of her outfits are simple, clean and chic; the kind of aesthetic I’d like to kick butt in, at work everyday.

• Eni October 18, 2018 at 4:15 pm #

9. Vero October 18, 2018 at 3:11 pm #

Meghan looks gorgeous & competent in everything she wears. Harry knows he hit the jackpot!

10. meme October 18, 2018 at 2:43 pm #

I like her dress and the trench. She has a lovely classic style IMHO

• justme October 18, 2018 at 4:08 pm #

She dresses like a 2018 working woman. I like it.

11. Kathy October 18, 2018 at 2:37 pm #

Meghan is exactly what the British Royal Family needs (needed all these years) scratch that, the world! Intelligent, smart, amazing, personable, natural, hardworking, fashion icon ugh, the list goes on. The Queen is no doubt over the moon about her, and Harry? Well, that’s a given. Can’t wait to see all she has to do.

• brat October 18, 2018 at 3:37 pm #

yeah, they’ve never had that before. everyone else is well, incompetent, dumb, dull, and has terrible style. Diana who?

• towanda October 18, 2018 at 3:47 pm #

i agree with brat

• Jas October 19, 2018 at 3:00 am #

LOL

• JHH October 18, 2018 at 4:47 pm #

Pouring it on little thick here, methinks. Duchess Meghan is what the world needed al, these years — uh, no, I don’t think so. She is fine but not the savior of humankind. As to this outfit, it’s fine and quite nice to see the Duchess wearing Australian designers while there. I don’t really care if she never wears British designers or wears local designers as long as she looks good but it is an added plus when she does both.

12. AnnaP October 18, 2018 at 1:40 pm #

I was convinced this dress was the Roland Mouret pre-wedding dress. Whatever, it looks gorgeous on her. I love how she dresses – she is blazing a trail for royal women and for the causes she supports.

How adorable that she is wearing the “pasta necklace” that a little boy gave her.

13. JessNess October 18, 2018 at 1:37 pm #

So uninspired. Why not just repeat the Mouret?

• Ann-Marie October 18, 2018 at 3:09 pm #

Exactly!

• brat October 18, 2018 at 3:41 pm #

I prefer the Mouret. At least she’s maximizing the use of that amazing trench.

• Eva October 18, 2018 at 4:14 pm #

I agree. IMO the Mouret complimented her frame better, and it would have made more sense with the trench – I do love the coat, but it clashes with the dress.

• emerson October 18, 2018 at 8:22 pm #

14. TeaAtTwo October 18, 2018 at 1:05 pm #

I like the dress but wish she would give navy a break.